Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 9 Jun 2020, 20:16 (Ref:3981039)   #2876
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is number 6 a Plymouth by any chance ?
Old 9 Jun 2020, 20:19 (Ref:3981040)   #2877
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
(Morris) Oxford for the Red Flash ?
Old 9 Jun 2020, 20:21 (Ref:3981042)   #2878
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
(Morris) Oxford for the Red Flash ?
Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
Is number 6 a Plymouth by any chance ?
Not #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
OH we have Bristol- yes?
Yes, AC Ace Bristol
Old 9 Jun 2020, 22:20 (Ref:3981051)   #2879
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
?, Ulster, Oxford, Bristol, Cambridge, Lincoln.

I don't think 5 is a Westminster.

1 sort of looks a bit like a Vauxhall but with paint effect rather than fluted bonnet. But then it has more of a Bentley look about it. Either way - other than Vauxhall - I have no UK place name to associate with it.
Old 10 Jun 2020, 04:48 (Ref:3981070)   #2880
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
If they are named after a british town or island, no worry if its a Westminster the grid is… St Mary! Is the ugly yank tank a Benbecula?
Old 10 Jun 2020, 06:26 (Ref:3981072)   #2881
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
?, Ulster, Oxford, Bristol, Cambridge, Lincoln.

I don't think 5 is a Westminster.

1 sort of looks a bit like a Vauxhall but with paint effect rather than fluted bonnet. But then it has more of a Bentley look about it. Either way - other than Vauxhall - I have no UK place name to associate with it.
It is the late Jim Woodley's Westminster at Goodwwod.
Old 10 Jun 2020, 06:32 (Ref:3981073)   #2882
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So no.1 is the Plymouth.
Old 10 Jun 2020, 08:01 (Ref:3981082)   #2883
bauble
Veteran

England
To revive a few memories of happier times;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4630.JPG   IMG_5681.jpg   IMG_5772.JPG  

IMG_5851.jpg   IMG_6342.JPG   IMG_6470.JPG  

Old 10 Jun 2020, 08:05 (Ref:3981083)   #2884
bauble
Veteran

England
Saloons for saloon fans;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0990.jpg   IMG_4890.JPG   IMG_4901.jpg  

IMG_8981.jpg   IMG_9048.jpg   Revival Friday 001 (69).jpg  

Old 10 Jun 2020, 08:09 (Ref:3981084)   #2885
bauble
Veteran

England
Assorted items from the waste bin.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1100.JPG   IMG_2075.JPG   IMG_3933.JPG  

IMG_4972.JPG   IMG_5387.JPG   IMG_5555.JPG  

Old 10 Jun 2020, 08:13 (Ref:3981085)   #2886
bauble
Veteran

England
To quiz types. As this is a 'picture' thread maybe we should confine our puzzles to Isolated Fun, to avoid upsetting out core fan base.

Just a thought.
Attached Thumbnails
Revival 2007 2 284.JPG   _MG_0283.jpg   330.JPG  

_MG_0334.jpg   IMG_0690.JPG   IMG_4005.jpg  

Old 10 Jun 2020, 08:38 (Ref:3981089)   #2887
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ferrari 458's from the LM 24 support race 2011.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Beneddeto Marti &  Robert Purgl.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	61878Click image for larger version

Name:	Rory Bartram.JPG
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	61879Click image for larger version

Name:	Mario Molioni.jpg
Size:	677.5 KB
ID:	61880

Name:	Stefano Goi.JPG
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	61881Click image for larger version

Name:	Philip Baron.JPG
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	61882Click image for larger version

Name:	Scott Tucker.jpg
Size:	649.8 KB
ID:	61883
Old 10 Jun 2020, 10:48 (Ref:3981106)   #2888
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
It is the late Jim Woodley's Westminster at Goodwwod.
Similar but it's not the Woodley Westminster unless it has been significantly revised more recently.

http://www.finecars.cc/typo3temp/GB/ccdd6093f1.jpg

That is possible since the images above suggests it may have been rolled - or at least put on its side back in 2008.

But the Reg number is different along with the paint colour, chrome work and a number of other features.

Delta will know but looking here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austin_Westminster

I would suggest that the car in the photo is indeed a Westminster (looking very similar to the Cambridge body) A90 whereas the Delta Westminster is a later A105.

So yes, a Westminster and I stand corrected on that, but not Jim's former ride.
Old 10 Jun 2020, 11:13 (Ref:3981110)   #2889
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Similar but it's not the Woodley Westminster unless it has been significantly revised more recently.

That is possible since the images above suggests it may have been rolled - or at least put on its side back in 2008.

But the Reg number is different along with the paint colour, chrome work and a number of other features.

I would suggest that the car in the photo is indeed a Westminster (looking very similar to the Cambridge body) A90 whereas the Delta Westminster is a later A105.

https://www.ultimatecarpage.com/gall...er-129769.html
Old 10 Jun 2020, 11:37 (Ref:3981116)   #2890
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

Same car as my first link above which, IMO, has a better angle.

A search which should have easy comparisons to several Westminster cars is linked below.

https://www.google.com/search?q=good...oGLlSJDi8pJnM:
Old 10 Jun 2020, 13:03 (Ref:3981133)   #2891
bauble
Veteran

England
[QUOTE=grantp;3981106]Similar but it's not the Woodley Westminster unless it has been significantly revised more recently.

Alright! Alright! I just assumed it was the Woodley car as I had seen and photographed it in the past. at the Revival,
Grovelling apologies to all Westminster fans around the world, and to Grant for not checking my facts before operating keyboard.

Honestly why do I come here at all?
Old 10 Jun 2020, 15:35 (Ref:3981167)   #2892
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
[QUOTE=bauble;3981133]
Quote:

Alright! Alright! I just assumed it was the Woodley car as I had seen and photographed it in the past. at the Revival,
Grovelling apologies to all Westminster fans around the world, and to Grant for not checking my facts before operating keyboard.

Honestly why do I come here at all?
I thought I was the arch-pedant when it came to 1950's/60's British saloon cars but it looks like I might have to hang up my anorak!
Old 10 Jun 2020, 19:09 (Ref:3981196)   #2893
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I've got a few pictures of XKL 7 from Silverstone in 2007 and Snetterton in 2010 and they're all listed as an Austin A105 shared by Nick Naismith & John Young (details would have been taken either from the programme or TSL Timing as I'm no expert on old model styles)

Name:	Nick Naismith & John Young - Austin A105 (1).JPG
Views:	2
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	61890
The Woodley car is VAB719 and to confirm they are different cars, this is from the same meeting

Name:	Jim Woodley - Austin A105 (4).JPG
Views:	2
Size:	1,002.1 KB
ID:	61891
Old 10 Jun 2020, 19:22 (Ref:3981199)   #2894
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
Thruxton Golden Anniversary

More from the Thruxton Golden Anniversary Meeting and the combined Stirling Moss and RAC Woodcote Trophy races. Oliver Bryant (1) and Chris Ward (86) dominated both races with Ward winning the first race after Bryant suffered problems with Bryant gaining revenge in the second race. Patrick Blakeney-Edwards Cooper T38 (11) was first of the earlier cars.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5743.JPG   IMG_5746.JPG   IMG_5749.JPG  

IMG_5750.JPG   IMG_5757.JPG   IMG_5787.JPG  

Old 10 Jun 2020, 19:29 (Ref:3981200)   #2895
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
Thruxton Golden Anniversary

More from the Stirling Moss and RAC Woodcote Trophies.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5747.JPG   IMG_5752.JPG   IMG_5755.JPG  

IMG_5758.JPG   IMG_5761.JPG   IMG_5766.JPG  

Old 11 Jun 2020, 07:18 (Ref:3981251)   #2896
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2012 LM24 support race for Grp C cars.

Name:	Zak Brown        Porsche 962.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	837.0 KB
ID:	61905Click image for larger version

Name:	Bob Berridge      Sauber C11 Mercedes.JPG
Size:	891.2 KB
ID:	61906Click image for larger version

Name:	Steve Tandy        Nissan R90CK.jpg
Size:	696.3 KB
ID:	61907

Name:	Thierry De Latre   Alba AR2.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	784.0 KB
ID:	61908Click image for larger version

Name:	Adrian Watt       Argo JM19C.jpg
Size:	959.3 KB
ID:	61909Click image for larger version

Name:	Peter Meyrick       Spice SE89.jpg
Size:	797.3 KB
ID:	61910
Old 11 Jun 2020, 08:10 (Ref:3981261)   #2897
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Any excuse to print those beauties
Old 11 Jun 2020, 09:35 (Ref:3981299)   #2898
bauble
Veteran

England
Today a special Tribute;
Attached Thumbnails
800px72_HFF2000_Croft2012_1D3 Sunday Raw_ONED8595 (2).jpg   IMG_0347 (2).JPG   MikeBell_750px_Croft2012_1D3 Saturday 2 Raw_ONED0649.jpg  

IMG_4950.JPG   IMG_3590SSJT.jpg   IMG_6256.jpg  

Old 12 Jun 2020, 07:09 (Ref:3981468)   #2899
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
More Grp C from 2012 LM 24.

Name:	Kent Abrahamson   Nissan R90CK.jpg
Size:	815.4 KB
ID:	61918Click image for larger version

Name:	Claus Bjerglund  Spice  SE89.jpg
Size:	748.2 KB
ID:	61919Click image for larger version

Name:	Pierre-Francois Rousselot  Spice SE89.jpg
Size:	644.2 KB
ID:	61920

Name:	Russell Kempnich      Porsche 956.jpg
Size:	793.0 KB
ID:	61921Click image for larger version

Name:	Pierre-Alain France       Porsche 962.jpg
Size:	704.3 KB
ID:	61922Click image for larger version

Name:	Richard Eyre  Porsche 962.jpg
Size:	698.5 KB
ID:	61923
Old 12 Jun 2020, 11:13 (Ref:3981530)   #2900
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Keep those Group C pictures coming