Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 9 Dec 2019, 22:33 (Ref:3945832)   #676
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
In your case should I understand "acquaintances" mean you dont have to pay for an interview? Right?

I think a discount would have been available.
Old 10 Dec 2019, 00:25 (Ref:3945850)   #677
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Just for Gerard.
6 is a U2 formula Junior
Beaten to the post again! I wake up, know the answer but find myself beaten whilst I slept! (Mind you I would not have known it was an FJ, just that it was a Mallock (U2)
Old 10 Dec 2019, 08:28 (Ref:3945894)   #678
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Back to the good old days, although not old enough for JR. I will have to redress the balance.
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0125.jpg   _MG_0150.jpg   _MG_0154.jpg  

_MG_0156.jpg   _MG_0206.jpg   _MG_0207(1).jpg  

Old 10 Dec 2019, 09:39 (Ref:3945899)   #679
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"All arms and elbows"] I do love cars where you can see the driver at work, lots of opposite lock and wheel twisting, so expect more of this over he next few days
Attached Thumbnails
Rev 13 a (10).jpg   Rev 13 a (4).jpg   Rev 13 a (8).jpg  

Rev 13 a (1).jpg   Rev 13 a (14).jpg   Rev 13 a (13).jpg  

Old 10 Dec 2019, 12:04 (Ref:3945911)   #680
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Lovely, lovely, lovely........
Old 10 Dec 2019, 13:02 (Ref:3945917)   #681
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Yeeeeees, more like that, please, real men at wheel. Modern heroes!
Old 10 Dec 2019, 14:13 (Ref:3945934)   #682
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Whilst my enthusiasm for the 50s period isn't as unbounded as it is for the later stuff, I have to admit that Pre War racing really "floats my boat", too. Man v machine, the elements and the track - often barely more than dirt or broken tarmac. Edwardian leviathans are exciting too.
Old 10 Dec 2019, 14:51 (Ref:3945940)   #683
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Whilst my enthusiasm for the 50s period isn't as unbounded as it is for the later stuff, I have to admit that Pre War racing really "floats my boat", too. Man v machine, the elements and the track - often barely more than dirt or broken tarmac. Edwardian leviathans are exciting too.
There is hope for you yet then, Max.
Old 10 Dec 2019, 17:06 (Ref:3945960)   #684
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
You know Bob, Max. When he says hope, he means hope!
Old 10 Dec 2019, 17:15 (Ref:3945962)   #685
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Going back to the (Mallock) U2 Formula Junior in #673, I often wonder what the rest of the FJ world thought in 1960 about the rather ‘crude’ (no offence) looking front engined car, when others were developing sleek mid-engined designs.

But I’m sure the performance of the U2 would have opened eyes and led some to question all the money being spent on the new generation cars!

Nice history of Arthur Mallock here.... https://www.arthurmallock.com/about
Old 10 Dec 2019, 17:22 (Ref:3945964)   #686
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Just for Gerard.
Picture 3 is an Alexis Mk2 and 6 is a U2 formula Junior
Merci Monsieur rbs.

Interesting link Mike. I like the quotes:
“There is nothing quite so light as nothing” “The competition begins when the regulations are published”

I guess bauble heard about Mallock who was a very competent cyclist. Picture may be, Bob?
Old 10 Dec 2019, 18:17 (Ref:3945973)   #687
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Merci Monsieur rbs.

Interesting link Mike. I like the quotes:
“There is nothing quite so light as nothing” “The competition begins when the regulations are published”

I guess bauble heard about Mallock who was a very competent cyclist. Picture may be, Bob?
A remarkable man, and very clever at chassis design and suspension set up. If you think about it, the U2 was mid (front) engined, as opposed to mid (rear) engined.....
Old 10 Dec 2019, 18:37 (Ref:3945976)   #688
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
A remarkable man, and very clever at chassis design and suspension set up. If you think about it, the U2 was mid (front) engined, as opposed to mid (rear) engined.....

And back in the 60s, the Mallocks and the Lotuses used to battle royal in the Clubmans races.
Old 10 Dec 2019, 20:50 (Ref:3946000)   #689
bauble
Veteran

England
Harking back to more heroic times, when motor sport really was dangerous;
Attached Thumbnails
Rev 13 a (2).jpg   Rev 13 a (5).jpg   Rev 13 a (7).jpg  

Rev 13 a (18).jpg   Rev 13 a (11).jpg   Rev 13 a (6).jpg  

Old 10 Dec 2019, 22:24 (Ref:3946023)   #690
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

Nice history of Arthur Mallock here.... https://www.arthurmallock.com/about
What a great article Mike . Thanks for sharing. I have a long standing fondness of all things Mallock. (actually not just Mallock but all things Clubmans derived.... I must have owned a dozen or more Clubmans cars over the years.)

Last edited by E.B; 10 Dec 2019 at 22:29.
Old 11 Dec 2019, 00:33 (Ref:3946042)   #691
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Proper cars!
Now for a photo of a Singer
If only I could get my hands on a works car.
Nearly sorted one last week ex Le Mans , TT ,Donington , Brooklands
Where do I find one for sale?
Old 11 Dec 2019, 07:36 (Ref:3946077)   #692
bauble
Veteran

England
John,
I have been concerned about upsetting you with my displays of 'modern rubbish', so will scour the archives for a Singer or two, I must have some. As a youth I too admired the marque, and contemplated buying one. Alas I ended up with a Vauxhall.
Kind regards,
Bob.
Old 11 Dec 2019, 10:51 (Ref:3946109)   #693
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
John, are you talking about this one?
https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1181686
Old 11 Dec 2019, 16:20 (Ref:3946169)   #694
bauble
Veteran

England
Wundebar!

l
Attached Thumbnails
Pre War 1.jpg   Pre War 2.jpg   Pre war 8.jpg  

Pre war 5.jpg   Pre war 3.jpg   Pre war 9.jpg  

Old 11 Dec 2019, 16:32 (Ref:3946170)   #695
bauble
Veteran

England
St. Mary's 2012.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5749.JPG   IMG_5756.jpg   IMG_5761.JPG  

IMG_5763.jpg   IMG_5769.JPG   IMG_5770.JPG  

Old 11 Dec 2019, 16:40 (Ref:3946171)   #696
bauble
Veteran

England
Sorry for the emphasis on Vintage, but that is where I have been in the cellars of my collection. I will find something a little more up-to-date, soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Rev 13 a (3).jpg   Rev 13 a (9).jpg   Rev 13 a (12).jpg  

Rev 13 a (15).jpg   Rev 13 a (16).jpg   Rev 13 a (19).jpg  

Old 11 Dec 2019, 17:06 (Ref:3946174)   #697
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
The wunderbach set is really wundeschön! Vielen danke!
Its the first time you show the little Renault. Must a be a 4 CV in Le Mans guise. Is the owner french?

I remember the entry of what you call 750 if I'm right was made almost in secret and certainly against the will of the Renault board.I had a good one and you could not expect more than 130 kph in a long straight.

Surprising to see a RHD Borgward. Incredible to see a 603 racing nowadays!!!

Last edited by Gerard C; 11 Dec 2019 at 17:15.
Old 11 Dec 2019, 18:47 (Ref:3946190)   #698
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Hope rbs at least will bring some light to #679.
Old 11 Dec 2019, 19:02 (Ref:3946191)   #699
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I correct myself, the petite Renault has a french owner, I met him several times. Incredible he got an invite at GW. Well done.
The first 4 Chevaux at Le Mans in '49 was pedaled by Camille Hardy and Maurice Roger. They did only 21 laps before one or several valves collapsed. Those two were not at all supported by Régie Renault but they showed the right way. In 1950, five privateers entered the great race, three finishing, one best in category finishing 24th overall. In '51, the official team entered five heavily altered cars another being a semi official. This Satecmo car was supported by a gearbox builder. Le Mans saw those "mottes de beurre" till 1954. Renault made 80 of those special R1063. If you can put your hands on a 5 speed Claude gearbox "offered" as an option, you're lucky!! Even a 4 speed Claude is very rare.
Sorry for the waffle!!!
Old 11 Dec 2019, 19:43 (Ref:3946205)   #700
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re 679, sorry Greard I thought they were quite straight forward.
1 Frazer Nash Single Seater (Shelsley), 2 2 x Talbot Lago's 3 ERA R4D, 4 Maserati 4CLT, 5 Parnell MG K3, 6 Maserati 4CM.