Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 Jun 2006, 11:28 (Ref:1635751)   #676
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Hey guys,

I usually watch Lemans despite not being much of a sportscar fan.

Is this race likely to be close?

Ive watched in the past to see 3 Audi's shoot off into the distance with no chance of being caught?

Is there actually going to be a race?

I thought the 1999 Lemans was the best ive seen.
Old 16 Jun 2006, 11:31 (Ref:1635753)   #677
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
yes should be close
Old 16 Jun 2006, 11:55 (Ref:1635771)   #678
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
LM is more exciting then a F1 season.
Old 16 Jun 2006, 12:58 (Ref:1635797)   #679
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
LM is more exciting then a F1 season.
Yep, thats hardly difficult...
Old 17 Jun 2006, 12:54 (Ref:1636265)   #680
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Almost here ..... Hey , "thenewbob" ..... i know your sitting at home watching the TV too . Last minute boob !!! Im the same .

I wish ye all a magic race and "I" am there in spirit , all set up with Motors TV (thank you motors TV) and lap top with Radio Le Mans , and a huge thank you to them as well .

16 years of being there and i know i would not have had a clue about what was happening , but for their sterling and funny commentry .

Cheers all ..... have a good one
Old 17 Jun 2006, 13:21 (Ref:1636271)   #681
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
haha perhaps Martyn is shorter to write for you guys rather than my username! But unfortunately I don't even have access to Motors TV! So it's Radio Le Mans all the way for me.

"They say there is nothing wrong with the car... what, apart from the fact that it's been smashed into the barriers!?" - gotta love RLM!

The big day's here, then, hope everyone at the track enjoys it! (I know my brother enjoyed ragging the Pinzgauer round the Houx-Annexe roundabout on 3 of it's 6 wheels last night!). Now, bets on how long it'll be until a Le Mans 2007 thread is started...?
Old 17 Jun 2006, 13:40 (Ref:1636276)   #682
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
Now, bets on how long it'll be until a Le Mans 2007 thread is started...?
Right Martyn ..... I dare ya
Old 17 Jun 2006, 17:40 (Ref:1636365)   #683
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know how reliable this is but, it could throw a spanner in the works tomorrow morning...
http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/...ocationID=1758
Old 17 Jun 2006, 19:07 (Ref:1636400)   #684
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, there is talk of storms.

However, that remains to be seen doesn't it.....

Audi 7 is plagued by problems it seems today...now for number 8.
Old 17 Jun 2006, 19:51 (Ref:1636423)   #685
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's gonna take some heroics if Mr Kristensen is going to make it 8...
Old 17 Jun 2006, 19:57 (Ref:1636425)   #686
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A miracle even.

I wish Delahunty would stop saying Pescalairo's!

Audi #8 still annoyingly problem free. I have been surprised at Audi's pace relative to Pesca all week.
Old 17 Jun 2006, 20:38 (Ref:1636443)   #687
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
I want the #8 Audi to fail just for the sake of competition...
Old 17 Jun 2006, 21:04 (Ref:1636454)   #688
The Badger
Veteran

Can anyone explain how the Radical can carry http://www.bruichladdich.com/ , which is whiskey , and the Gordon 911 has had to disguise its beer with GO!!ON .

I thought alcohol advertising was banned in France ?
Old 17 Jun 2006, 21:10 (Ref:1636459)   #689
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Can anyone explain how the Radical can carry http://www.bruichladdich.com/ , which is whiskey , and the Gordon 911 has had to disguise its beer with GO!!ON .

I thought alcohol advertising was banned in France ?
I find this also strange.
Old 17 Jun 2006, 21:25 (Ref:1636469)   #690
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not sure if it's related, but isn't thier an exception for French Champaign, with regards to advertising.

Maybe it's related to this!
Old 17 Jun 2006, 21:25 (Ref:1636470)   #691
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Maybe they are advertising another product?

For example, Marlboro used to advertise at the Brit GP under a clothing brand?

I don't know...
Old 17 Jun 2006, 21:33 (Ref:1636476)   #692
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Maybe they are advertising another product?

For example, Marlboro used to advertise at the Brit GP under a clothing brand?

I don't know...
I don't think that's allowed anymore
Old 17 Jun 2006, 21:37 (Ref:1636478)   #693
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well, who knows?

I am as mystified as anyone.

Still, it won't interrupt my sleeping pattern.
Old 17 Jun 2006, 22:12 (Ref:1636492)   #694
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm all set up! I am sitting at my PC, raidio lemans on, Le Mans.org Chronos on and a detailed map of the circuit as well as Ten-Tenths!
Old 17 Jun 2006, 22:13 (Ref:1636494)   #695
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Exactly what i have,except i just accidentally closed chat...
Old 18 Jun 2006, 00:16 (Ref:1636511)   #696
The Badger
Veteran

When the Audi makes a stop , just after the refueling is finished , there is this dude who appears with a red cannister with a nozzle on it and does something near the fuel inlet valve .

Whats he doing exactly ?
Old 18 Jun 2006, 00:25 (Ref:1636514)   #697
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
When the Audi makes a stop , just after the refueling is finished , there is this dude who appears with a red cannister with a nozzle on it and does something near the fuel inlet valve .

Whats he doing exactly ?
Isn't he activating the hydraulic jacks to lift the car so they can change the tyres?
Old 18 Jun 2006, 03:07 (Ref:1636528)   #698
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Any idea on fuel tank size

Any idea on the regs on tank sizes, esp for LMP1 cars? Roommate and I are tryin to determine fuel mileage estimates
Old 18 Jun 2006, 08:08 (Ref:1636571)   #699
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I Whached the race through the night, I went through 3 cups of tea and finnally gave up at 04.00! whatching it just now with a nice cup of tea!
Old 18 Jun 2006, 08:44 (Ref:1636584)   #700
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Having the race start at 11 am EDT here in the US makes for a LONGGGG night. Too much daylight to enjoy the racing and drink a few beers leads to a long night with red bull to watch it all for the 3rd straight year.