Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 18 Jun 2006, 08:56 (Ref:1636586)   #701
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96
Any idea on the regs on tank sizes, esp for LMP1 cars? Roommate and I are tryin to determine fuel mileage estimates

90 litres .. for LMP1 & LMP2

Ciao Marco
Old 18 Jun 2006, 10:58 (Ref:1636618)   #702
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
90 litres .. for LMP1 & LMP2
anybody else estimate 6 mpg(30 l/km) on the audi and a little lower for Pescarolos? if so I am pretty amazed having never actually thought to do the math but going 0n 32 hours up straight leads to weird trains of thought. Pretty damn good compared to the NASCAR morons who ive been told are gettin close to 2-3 mpg dependin on track.
Old 18 Jun 2006, 10:59 (Ref:1636619)   #703
bf1
Racer

Ireland
Waterford, Ireland / Swansea, Wales
bf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good Morning everyone
Sorry I havent been on until now, just posting to say hello. I managed 13+ hours of the race uninterupted (and without energy drinks although I should have got some..)

I have two set-ups MotorsTV and/or Canal+ with RLM as commentary, sticking with MotorsTV because of the commentary talking about whats on screen, not to take away from the RLM crew and the fantastic job they are doing

Anyway there is still a bit to go and we all know that anything can happen.I can see one of the leading cars encountering problems before the finish but I won't say which one..

Okay I'm off for now,
bye
Old 18 Jun 2006, 11:07 (Ref:1636622)   #704
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
LIster to dump LMP1 program?

Has anybody else seen anything about Lister dumping the LMP1 program at season end to possibly return to a GT1 style car? Mariantic racing news had it as an update EARLY this mornin but havent seen it anywhere else or heard it on RLM, figured they would know considerin the apparent followin the program has in the UK.
Old 18 Jun 2006, 11:09 (Ref:1636624)   #705
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic
Isn't he activating the hydraulic jacks to lift the car so they can change the tyres?
I dont think so , as there was no airline attached to it .
Old 18 Jun 2006, 11:14 (Ref:1636627)   #706
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Has anybody else seen anything about Lister dumping the LMP1 program at season end to possibly return to a GT1 style car? Mariantic racing news had it as an update EARLY this mornin but havent seen it anywhere else or heard it on RLM, figured they would know considerin the apparent followin the program has in the UK.
Thats what Laurence Pearse was talking about . Thats the story .....

Yeah ..... BF1 , whose going to retire , how about 8-17-7 and have 009 for the win !!!
Old 18 Jun 2006, 11:22 (Ref:1636635)   #707
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
See the Lister GT1 topic.
Old 18 Jun 2006, 12:11 (Ref:1636652)   #708
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Maybe they are advertising another product?

For example, Marlboro used to advertise at the Brit GP under a clothing brand?

I don't know...
Had a better look at the car. Below Bruichladdich is the text: Islay Spring Water. So they are not advertising for whiskey but for bottled water....but at their website I can't find bottled water (only that they use the Islay water for whiskey). I think Bruichladdich did the same like Marlboro did with their cloting brand...
Old 18 Jun 2006, 12:39 (Ref:1636656)   #709
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Anybody else amazed that the Vette and DBR9 managed to go 9-10 hours pitting almost simalteanously, lap after lap until the inevitable? And you had to expect the 009 was gonna break in the waning hours, Prodrive has for the last 3 years when leading the class. If the other classes could be as close it would be EXHAUSTING just to watch the whole race.
Old 18 Jun 2006, 13:45 (Ref:1636672)   #710
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LNT Panoz looking to win GT2
Old 18 Jun 2006, 14:28 (Ref:1636680)   #711
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakkiman
LNT Panoz looking to win GT2
gettin close, would tires have helped out? more time but maybe faster but porsche has no 3rd gear supposedly, accordin to speed channel. everybody else is pretty set, r10, rml lola and c6r
Old 18 Jun 2006, 15:14 (Ref:1636684)   #712
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
well, another race another audi and corvette win, history has to change at some point, right? at least it wasnt the usual porsche win, how many years has it been that porsche hasnt won at least one class?
Old 18 Jun 2006, 15:29 (Ref:1636687)   #713
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I find it more remarkable that since that class was first introduced in 1999, this is the first time that something other than a Porsche has been on the podium, nevermind a class victory!

Well done to Audi, RML, Corvette and LNT for wins, and to everyone else for either finishing or simply participating.
Old 18 Jun 2006, 15:32 (Ref:1636688)   #714
Erki
Racer

Estonia
Tartu, Estonia
Erki has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I wish those last seconds with Diana would ahve lasted longer. :P
Old 18 Jun 2006, 15:48 (Ref:1636692)   #715
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Generally interesting race. Already looking forward to the remainder of the seasons and next year's race of course. Is it too early to start a LeMans 2007thread?
Old 18 Jun 2006, 15:59 (Ref:1636695)   #716
Animeishdwarf
Rookie

United States
Pennsylvania
Animeishdwarf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must concur this race was a real treat. And very long green flag runs, last year, it seemed like there were loads of crashes and spills.

The only 2 smudges on it were, that last night, while I was working/attempting to watch the race, from about 8 to 9:30 p.m. EST, SPEED channel was having really bad problems with their feed.

And, the second complaint is more like a question actually.

The track was absolutely littered with debris. I mean, I saw some tire rubber the size of softballs. Wouldn't be safer to clean that up??? I mean it's okay if you don't get out of the racing groove, but what if you had to...also, the gravel is very sharp in the gravel pits, I think those which caused the 37(I think) LMP2 car's tire to explode earlier yesterday. -shrug-

Also, I'm really interested to see how Peugeot will do next year.

All in I really enjoyed it, can't wait till next year. Congrats to Audi, Panoz, and Team Corvette

Last edited by Animeishdwarf; 18 Jun 2006 at 16:02.
Old 18 Jun 2006, 16:11 (Ref:1636700)   #717
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
don<t know about others, but I kinda wish that Pesca would haave been a bit faster, as in the end, the endless efficiency of the Audis made it a bit boring. Nice to see the Panoz privateer team benefit from a rare lapse of German relentless 911 efficiency with the missing shift lever....

cheers, need a nap....
Old 18 Jun 2006, 16:37 (Ref:1636704)   #718
Animeishdwarf
Rookie

United States
Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb

cheers, need a nap....
Ahh, you pulled a no sleeper too?

Yeah, it would have been nice to see Henri's group win, or atleast put up a fight. It seems to me that they keep having persistant problems with their gearboxes. Maybe they'll work on that for '07
Old 18 Jun 2006, 18:52 (Ref:1636758)   #719
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, I'm tired after that. But fun race IMO.

Shame the Pescas couldn't pull it off, but still did well considering their performance disadvantage this year. That #8 R10 was almost totally reliable to compliment its ludicrous lap-time potential.

Gutted for Prodrive too, although it doesn't feel so bad losing to the Corvettes......a pleasant rival.
Old 18 Jun 2006, 19:44 (Ref:1636789)   #720
Animeishdwarf
Rookie

United States
Pennsylvania
One thing I didn't see this year was the "odd ball entries". Like the Morgan Aero 8 (so stylish), or any TVR entries. But Lamborghini's Murcielago, and the Spkyer Squadron (they were there last year too), made up for it.

I just can't help but to root for those small, underfunded, underdog teams. ^_^;;
Old 18 Jun 2006, 19:51 (Ref:1636792)   #721
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good race, loved the race long Chevvy/Aston battle.
I also pulled an all ngihter, and by 11pm tonight it would be 36 hours
Next year i'm expecting alot more diesel entrys (aside from Audi and Peugeot)
Old 18 Jun 2006, 19:54 (Ref:1636793)   #722
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
What happened to the Prodrive boys?
Old 18 Jun 2006, 19:57 (Ref:1636797)   #723
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
One Aston was leading but broke down in the dying hours.

The other had earlier difficulties.
Old 18 Jun 2006, 19:59 (Ref:1636801)   #724
Animeishdwarf
Rookie

United States
Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
One Aston was leading but broke down in the dying hours.

The other had earlier difficulties.
XD same deal as last yaer, just different trouble.

With about 3 hours left last year, the Prodrive blew it's radiator/tire.

This year, same time remaining about, and they blew the clutch out.
Old 18 Jun 2006, 20:29 (Ref:1636817)   #725
Garp
Racer

Garp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a shame, again bad results in LMP1 and GT1.

Please give the non factory teams a bit more luck next year.