Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 26 Jul 2006, 12:44 (Ref:1664973)   #76
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MxplFADCi...elated&search=

I love the Nigel Mansell tribute.
Old 26 Jul 2006, 13:16 (Ref:1664997)   #77
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Porsche 956 Nordschleife lap with Derek Bell. [7:02]
Old 26 Jul 2006, 14:31 (Ref:1665038)   #78
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was whatching this clip (I wont post it because I think it includes a fatal crash) It was a sort of tribute to f1 i think, anyway, there was a clip where Ayrton Senna was coming out of blanchimant, and he drove through loads of dust, with a car spinning across the track, then he stops, gets out of his car and runs to the crashed car. Can anyone tell me about this? I've never seen it before.
Old 26 Jul 2006, 14:50 (Ref:1665047)   #79
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sounds like qualifying at Jerez when Senna stopped after Martin Donnely crashed. Hence why they added the chicane...
Old 26 Jul 2006, 15:04 (Ref:1665057)   #80
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Could be Zanardi's Eau Rouge accident in the Lotus in '93. Sounds most probable.
Old 26 Jul 2006, 15:26 (Ref:1665077)   #81
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1
I was whatching this clip (I wont post it because I think it includes a fatal crash) It was a sort of tribute to f1 i think, anyway, there was a clip where Ayrton Senna was coming out of blanchimant, and he drove through loads of dust, with a car spinning across the track, then he stops, gets out of his car and runs to the crashed car. Can anyone tell me about this? I've never seen it before.
Either Zanardi @ Eau Rouge or Erik Comas - neither were fatal
Old 26 Jul 2006, 16:45 (Ref:1665129)   #82
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
OK I have many online vids at Youtube. at the moment i am uploading the whole 1985 Indy 500. And also the 1992 Indy 500. I also have many more classic CART races and Champ Car. And also IRL crashes....

CART 1985 Indy 500 PART 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eevlaq12YBg (uploading all 8 parts each day)

CART 1988 Al Unser Jr onboard lap at Portland http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNOMEtWHPUs

CART Long Beach 1990 Danny Sullivan / Emmo Fittipaldi tangle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQS7F0_Il_w

CART 1996 Road America last lap http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWSwRL4MUkM

CART 1996 Laguna Seca last 2/1 lap http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywsB65YfLOQ

CART 1997 Arie Luyendyk Fontana crash http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5SBjKyvm00

CART Rockingham 2001 last 10 laps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdsbRdGKkQo

Click on my profile 'IceBud' there for my 3 pages of vids currently online...
Ah, so you're IcedBudweiser. I'm having to put you on my subscription list. Keep up the good work.
Old 26 Jul 2006, 16:48 (Ref:1665130)   #83
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
Sounds like qualifying at Jerez when Senna stopped after Martin Donnely crashed. Hence why they added the chicane...
I think I have seen the aftermath of that crash, not the actual crash its self, but I saw him lying on the ground and the wrecked car being picked up by a crane, the cockpit was ripped in half.
Old 26 Jul 2006, 16:59 (Ref:1665132)   #84
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1
If it was Blanchimont, it had to be Comas. 1992, I believe.
Old 26 Jul 2006, 21:07 (Ref:1665345)   #85
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Zanardi donuts at Portland 1998....what a legend, what a showman. [2:03]

And Mark Blundell's tense, dramatic first win, at Portland a year earlier. [0:49]
Old 26 Jul 2006, 21:10 (Ref:1665347)   #86
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Just a quick reminder chaps to describe the content of your posted video and also to inform us of the length of the video.

And please, no distasteful videos. Let's keep the quality high and the dross out.
Old 28 Jul 2006, 17:03 (Ref:1666727)   #87
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Automobile Antics

A quick view of an acrobatic GT-1 PORSCHE 1n 1998 at Road Atlanta.

All's well!

Old 4 Aug 2006, 15:06 (Ref:1673188)   #88
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ricky Craven and Kurt Busch Darlington Race, a close finish. 3min 01.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV7hAz-75UA
Old 4 Aug 2006, 17:30 (Ref:1673292)   #89
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
A proper motor race - Michigan 500 of 2000. Andretti vs. Montoya. [3:51]

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K5AoTROb0...michigan%20500
The voice of the narrator during that last lap pretty much says it all doesn't it? That was one of the very few days I'be been close to having a heart attack.

Some of my favorites:

Tiff Needell tests the M5 (I know clarkson is a lot of fun, but for a professional review nobody beats Tiff)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_zYWOqm_Zkc

A nice JPM F1 tribute:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1W6UQyZIwXs

Gilles Villeneuve tribute

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hhnm6MHmoHg

Finally, an interesting race in Imola between A Fiat (brava I believe), A ferrari 550 maranello and a Ferrari F1 car:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SvBJBNrEAvU

Inappropriate link removed - Knowlesy

Last edited by Knowlesy; 4 Aug 2006 at 19:46.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 18:49 (Ref:1673361)   #90
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
This is a race with two drivers driving with no cars, its a stop motion video, tis quite funny!
2:10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq7ar7hGkxA
Old 4 Aug 2006, 19:57 (Ref:1673427)   #91
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Can I draw your attention to this "not that recent" post.

Quote:
Just a quick reminder chaps to describe the content of your posted video and also to inform us of the length of the video.

And please, no distasteful videos. Let's keep the quality high and the dross out.
Can we please take heed of this rather than ignore it or this thread will not last very long.

There is some good quality stuff in here, so let's keep it that way.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 20:20 (Ref:1673445)   #92
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ARGH! I'm supposed to be working and not watching videos on youtube!!

Anyway, guess it's all part of the "friday syndrome"....

For those who like the mechanical part of racing, I'm sure they'll enjoy this video of the winner at this year's 24 heures du Mans (BTW, that engine sounds pretty nice for a diesel)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTEVe...elated&search=

Not motorsports related but I'm sure those who remember the good old Atari 2600 days will rejoice (BTW; this video can also be used as an example that some people don't have a life).

http://tentenths.com/forum/newreply....te=1&p=1673427
Old 4 Aug 2006, 20:33 (Ref:1673457)   #93
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The second link isn't very useful Sharky.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 20:35 (Ref:1673461)   #94
Sharky
Veteran

Quote:
The second link isn't very useful Sharky.

here is the correct link. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyzStoxnTKs
Old 4 Aug 2006, 21:02 (Ref:1673501)   #95
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Lap of Silverstone with Nigel Mansell.... [1:41]

"Accelerating as hard as one can..."
Old 4 Aug 2006, 21:18 (Ref:1673525)   #96
Sharky
Veteran

Quote:
Lap of Silverstone with Nigel Mansell.... [1:41]

"Accelerating as hard as one can..."
Had seen that video a few years back. Fantastic. Those were the days....

The master of monaco shows how a flying lap is done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah_FbT25K1Q
Old 4 Aug 2006, 21:30 (Ref:1673538)   #97
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Montoya gets to grips with Jeff Gordons NASCAR. [7:50]

Last edited by Knowlesy; 4 Aug 2006 at 23:53.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 22:15 (Ref:1673568)   #98
Sharky
Veteran

Quote:
Nope, that seems to be Nigel Mansell getting to grips with his own Williams Renault at Silverstone.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 22:23 (Ref:1673576)   #99
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Sorry about that post Knowlsey, I did say you could remove it.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 23:25 (Ref:1673620)   #100
Sharky
Veteran

JPMs pole lap at detroit in 1999 (1:48). I'd never seen sparks flying from a wall....and it was still a pole position...amazing: (In spanish BTW)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpZ3GnHyvW8