Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 Jan 2004, 08:13 (Ref:840048)   #1
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Le Mans Dödens Cirkus ? What's this movie ?

I'm embarrased to spam the forum with this question, but as it's about Le Mans...

Does anybody know a swedish movie nammed SUMMER LOVE (aka Le Mans, scorciatoia Per L´inferno - aka Le Mans Dödens Cirkus - Aka Le Mans circuit d'enfer - Aka Le Mans short cut to hell), realised in 1970, directed by Richard Kean (Aka Osvaldo Civirani, Aka Glen Eastman), with Lang Jeffries, Erna Schurer, Maurizio Bonuglia, Edwige Fenech ?

If you know it, is it worth a purchase ? It seems to be what we named a "turnip" in french (very bad movie)... er, just in case the movie has some sort of interrested regarding the LM race...

Paul and Ayse, feel free to delete this...

Last edited by Fab; 16 Jan 2004 at 08:20.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 08:24 (Ref:840059)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No, lets leave it up - someone might know something about it. I've never heard of it. Where did you get the info from?
Old 16 Jan 2004, 08:28 (Ref:840065)   #3
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
You'll find here a poster of the thing... i can't recognized the track... oh my, a fake one again...

The movie is mentionned in the Le Palmier bookshop, specialized in cars books and movies (I bought a second hand movie of the 1989's race)...

I'm afraid it's a real ...

And it seems to be openwheels cars, BTW...

Last edited by Fab; 16 Jan 2004 at 08:29.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 08:33 (Ref:840072)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What track is that?
Old 16 Jan 2004, 09:10 (Ref:840094)   #5
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The old Kyalami, perhaps?
Old 16 Jan 2004, 09:54 (Ref:840132)   #6
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's supposed to be a Formula 1 film based around a Grand Prix at Le Mans (remember that the Bugatti circuit was used once for the French Grand Prix in the 1960's).

According to the Internet Movie Database it is also known as, "Monza, scorciatoia per l'inferno"? I think it is an Italian film.

BTW, the search on "Le Mans" also comes up with,
Le Mans 1952 (1952) (a documentary) and
Tom Kristensen - Fra Mou til Le Mans (2002) (V) a Danish documentary.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 10:21 (Ref:840162)   #7
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by iucrmh
According to the Internet Movie Database it is also known as, "Monza, scorciatoia per l'inferno"? I think it is an Italian film.
It's a Swedish movie, but the director is an Italian fellow with lots of different idents...

Thank you for the other infos iucrmh.

Well, let's forget it... there's nothing to do with Le Mans, I made a mistake opening that thread. Sorry all !
Old 16 Jan 2004, 11:02 (Ref:840201)   #8
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe the film is so bad that it's actually good?
I've seen many "horror"films that should have been classified as comedy because of their sheer hilariousness(sp?)...

Last edited by ASCII Man; 16 Jan 2004 at 11:02.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 11:05 (Ref:840206)   #9
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Le Manshire - the 87th British county
Gilles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by iucrmh

BTW, the search on "Le Mans" also comes up with,
Le Mans 1952 (1952) (a documentary) and
Is someone able to find me a copy of this movie ?

PLEASE

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Old 16 Jan 2004, 13:10 (Ref:840302)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Can't see anything on Google........
Old 16 Jan 2004, 13:18 (Ref:840313)   #11
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
eBay is one of the best places to find rare, old videos (and magazines for that matter) - I've found plenty of interesting items there.

Granted it requires a bit of luck as well, but if you check on a regular basis you're bound to stumble across something interesting.

For example, after a quick search I came up with these two hits;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=41630
(NTSC video about the success of the Ford GT40 between 1966-1967)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=2875
(PAL video about the 1969 Le Mans 24 Hours)
Old 16 Jan 2004, 13:20 (Ref:840319)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
The second one is the Motorsport freebie from last year...... (Its sitting on my shelf and was well worth the price of a great mag! )