Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 9 Jul 2019, 21:07 (Ref:3916748)   #76
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Kalle Rovanpera has a full time drive for Toyota next season - so who's out? Meeke or Latavla? (or both)
Is he going to the big league a bit too early?

I reckon it's Latvala on his way out but that's just my gut feeling. Both are in the last chance saloon and I think they know it. Might kick Meeke into gear or it might make Latvala sink into a ever deepening self-doubt quagmire! Always beating himself up remorselessly about his mistakes and not have the 'feeling' with the car.
Old 17 Jul 2019, 11:50 (Ref:3918141)   #77
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Evans is going to sit out Finland after suffering an injury in Estonia - really bad luck for him. M-Sport still fielding 3 cars - Suninen, Paddon and Greensmith.
Old 17 Jul 2019, 19:14 (Ref:3918221)   #78
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was hoping that Tidemand would get another chance. But it seems like his WRC days has come to an end already ...
Old 29 Jul 2019, 13:23 (Ref:3920235)   #79
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was hoping that Paddon might be able to deliver a result for M-Sport this weekend, but that isn't going to happen now...

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...ter-test-crash

...the car looks absolutely buggered.
Old 29 Jul 2019, 13:59 (Ref:3920237)   #80
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
I can't imagine how crushed he must feel. I was hoping this would be start of a return for him.
Old 29 Jul 2019, 20:12 (Ref:3920304)   #81
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
What a shame, I was really looking forward to him coming back
Old 7 Aug 2019, 14:52 (Ref:3921820)   #82
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Finland done and dusted - I haven't watched the coverage yet but the result certainly helps Tanak towards the title. Good to see that the top 3 are all driving different cars as well - it shows how competitive the championship is again. I thought Breen had a pretty good weekend - will he get a full time seat again somewhere next season?

Tommi Makinen has come out in support of Meeke again after another bad weekend for him - what are the chances of Meeke being in the WRC next season? No way back at Citroen and you've got to think he's running out of chances at Toyota as well.

Evans will miss Germany as he's still not recovered from his back injury, Greensmith will be in the Fiesta again as a replacement - I thought they might have put Paddon in but I guess Greensmith has had more time in the car.
Old 7 Aug 2019, 18:34 (Ref:3921845)   #83
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Finland done and dusted - I haven't watched the coverage yet but the result certainly helps Tanak towards the title. Good to see that the top 3 are all driving different cars as well - it shows how competitive the championship is again. I thought Breen had a pretty good weekend - will he get a full time seat again somewhere next season?

Tommi Makinen has come out in support of Meeke again after another bad weekend for him - what are the chances of Meeke being in the WRC next season? No way back at Citroen and you've got to think he's running out of chances at Toyota as well.

Evans will miss Germany as he's still not recovered from his back injury, Greensmith will be in the Fiesta again as a replacement - I thought they might have put Paddon in but I guess Greensmith has had more time in the car.
I fear it may well be over for Kris come the season's end. I sincerely hope I'm wrong because I've always been a fan but if Toyota lose the manufacturer's title to Hyundai, he may well get the blame. As Latvala alluded to, driving under pressure like he was, isn't much fun and you tend to make more mistakes. Kris must be feeling the heat (like Mikkelsen was - allegedly).

Breen was very impressive on his cameo and Ott was just, Ott i.e. fast and fearless!

PS: It is me or do the organisers need to consider extending the 'landing' zone at the end of the RUUHIMÄKI super special?
Old 7 Aug 2019, 20:04 (Ref:3921858)   #84
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Standings after Finland:

1. EST Ott Tänak (Toyota), 180
2. FRA Sébastien Ogier (Citroën), 158
3. BEL Thierry Neuville (Hyundai), 155
4. GBR Elfyn Evans (Ford), 78
5. NOR Andreas Mikkelsen (Hyundai), 71
6. FIN Teemu Suninen (Ford), 66
7. GBR Kris Meeke (Toyota), 60
8. FIN Esapekka Lappi (Citroën), 58
9. FIN Jari-Matti Latvala (Toyota), 56
10. ESP Dani Sordo (Hyundai), 52
11. FRA Sébastien Loeb (Hyundai), 39
12. FIN Kalle Rovanperä, 16
Old 8 Aug 2019, 18:32 (Ref:3921977)   #85
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Tanak is looking good, just hope his Toyota holds together till the end of the season this time
Old 25 Aug 2019, 13:50 (Ref:3924127)   #86
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Tänak is superior alright, can't imagine him not winning the title and the Toyota looked just as strong this round. When was the last time a manufacture filled the podium in WRC?

Ogier said he cannot drive the C3, oof!
Old 25 Aug 2019, 18:59 (Ref:3924156)   #87
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Tänak is superior alright, can't imagine him not winning the title and the Toyota looked just as strong this round. When was the last time a manufacture filled the podium in WRC?
Really good from Tanak and well done to Toyota on the podium lockout. Has to be said that Neuville was really unlucky with the puncture, without that he's have spoiled the Toyota party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Ogier said he cannot drive the C3, oof!
Savage. The drivers said it was a handful last year and Lappi has at times looked broken this year tring to wrestle a result from it. Ogier saying it though has got to hurt - he's Citroens golden boy.
Old 1 Sep 2019, 19:28 (Ref:3925272)   #88
Alex Langheck
Racer

Alex Langheck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So the prodigal son has returned, and still hasn't sorted the troublesome car out....

In all seriousness, it was always going to be a difficult task. The car obviously has design flaws that just can't be ironed out. And all this after taking 2016 out to hit the ground running in 2017.

Going by the end of stage interviews, Ogier looks browbeaten trying to drive the car consistently quick.
Old 2 Sep 2019, 13:06 (Ref:3925395)   #89
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Langheck View Post
So the prodigal son has returned, and still hasn't sorted the troublesome car out....

In all seriousness, it was always going to be a difficult task. The car obviously has design flaws that just can't be ironed out. And all this after taking 2016 out to hit the ground running in 2017.

Going by the end of stage interviews, Ogier looks browbeaten trying to drive the car consistently quick.
It's an odd one isn't it? Citroen had built decent WRC cars (arguably the best) for some time, the regs changed and they haven't been able to get a handle on the new car at all (even with the year of testing as you say). The car certainly looks 'edgy' - Meeke was always on the verge of an accident (or having one), Breen was constantly having problems with it and now neither Lappi nor Ogier can consistently get the car to behave as they want. At times this season Lappi and Ogier have looked and sounded like broken men - how have Citroen got it so wrong with this car?

In other new Hyundai have announced their lineups for Spain and GB:

Spain: Neuville, Sordo, Loeb
GB: Neuville, Mikklesen, Breen

No real surprise to see Loeb and Sordo in for Spain, interesting to see Breen get another run out though, I'd assumed his previous outing was a one off.
Old 6 Sep 2019, 08:54 (Ref:3926153)   #90
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Paddon is getting a couple more WRC event outings - in an R5 Fiesta on rally GB then in a WRC Fiesta in Australia. Hopefully he has a bit more luck this time!
Old 2 Oct 2019, 18:46 (Ref:3931555)   #91
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Rally GB this weekend - is anyone going to any of it?

Should be a good one - the entry looks strong (and has the added interest of Solberg vs Solberg) and from what I've seen the stages look to be in good condition (and the weather looks like it might be typical rally GB weather).
Old 3 Oct 2019, 13:35 (Ref:3931694)   #92
S griffin
Veteran

Well C5 is showing extensive coverage like they usually do, so should be good to watch
Old 3 Oct 2019, 17:24 (Ref:3931733)   #93
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well C5 is showing extensive coverage like they usually do, so should be good to watch

Extensive coverage?

25 minutes at 10.20am on Saturday
30 minutes at 10.30am on Sunday
and to be fair
90 minutes of the Power stage at 12 noon on Sunday.

Allegedly S4C are showing more but I'm struggling to find it....

Edit - on S4C Ralio: Rali Cwmru GB
30 minutes at 10.30pm tonight
90 minutes from 8pm on Friday
70 minutes from 2pm on Saturday
90 minutes from 9pm on Saturday
100 minutes from Noon on Sunday
60 minutes from 9pm on Sunday
30 minutes Highlights at 6.30pm Monday.

Last edited by Lancsbreaker; 3 Oct 2019 at 17:35.
Old 3 Oct 2019, 22:37 (Ref:3931800)   #94
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Just watched the first report on S4C - not bad, once I found the subtitles button

Mind you I did discover that there appears to be no Welsh word for "sideways" - either that or the welsh speaking commentator just forgot it and reverted to English in his excitement!
Old 7 Oct 2019, 12:54 (Ref:3932469)   #95
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like Tanak then.. barring a disaster in the final two rounds.

Evans was more than a bit unfortunate to be only fifth after seven stage wins. That mistake on day one was a killer.

Sadly there was very little coverage on the UK mainstream media. It seems the WRC are happy to simply preach to the converted via their premium website. It is unfortunate when the new WRC video game seems to be doing very well and potentially creating lots of new rally fans.
Old 7 Oct 2019, 13:13 (Ref:3932475)   #96
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
Looks like Tanak then.. barring a disaster in the final two rounds.
Definitely looks to be Tanaks to lose (and to be fair it has done for some time). Neuville looks destined to be a 'nearly man' doesn't he?

Quote:
Sadly there was very little coverage on the UK mainstream media. It seems the WRC are happy to simply preach to the converted via their premium website. It is unfortunate when the new WRC video game seems to be doing very well and potentially creating lots of new rally fans.
Agreed - there really hasn't been anything on mainstream media channels, not even a passing mention it's been on. The big positive for me was having a stage at Oulton Park - that was pushed via MSV channels, so whilst it's still promoting to a motorsport crowd it may have brought in people that wouldn't otherwise have shown any interest in a rally. Back in the day stages like those at Chatsworth or the Silverstone Super Special were shown live on the BBC and again brought in crowds of the less hardcore rally fans - surely something like that would be viable now?
Old 7 Oct 2019, 13:52 (Ref:3932483)   #97
Alex Langheck
Racer

Alex Langheck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

The UK mainstream media aren't interested, and haven't been for years, which is sad when you remember the old RAC coverage.

I do wonder what the WRC get out of their visit to our shores, as there can't be much national publicity.
Old 7 Oct 2019, 17:50 (Ref:3932522)   #98
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Rally GB this weekend - is anyone going to any of it?
I went! Travelled to Myherin on Saturday: spent about 10 hours in the car getting there (and back) and about the same on the stage. It was a very long, but excellent, day.

The latest specification cars continue to astonish me. The speed they are are carrying on loose surface is just mind-bending. Despite lurking in the treeline I got absolutely blasted by a (very sideways) Meeke during the second running of the stage, totally worth the trek though.

Spent yesterday catching up with the Red Bull coverage. Real shame Oliver didn't last the duration, as he seemed to have an immense amount of speed. Nice to see Petter go out on a high as well.

I hoped it would be between Tanak and Ogier this year and that looks like how the season is going to end. As said again it is for Ott to lose now, hope he keeps his head. Would be nice to see Meeke and Evans rack up a few more points and at least finish the season in the top five.
Old 7 Oct 2019, 18:06 (Ref:3932527)   #99
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Standings after Britain:

1. EST Ott Tänak (Toyota), 240
2. FRA Sébastien Ogier (Citroën), 212
3. BEL Thierry Neuville (Hyundai), 199
4. NOR Andreas Mikkelsen (Hyundai), 102
5. GBR Kris Meeke (Toyota), 98
6. GBR Elfyn Evans (Ford), 90
7. FIN Jari-Matti Latvala (Toyota), 84
8. FIN Esapekka Lappi (Citroën), 83
8. FIN Teemu Suninen (Ford), 83
10. ESP Dani Sordo (Hyundai), 72
11. FRA Sébastien Loeb (Hyundai), 39
12. FIN Kalle Rovanperä (Å*koda), 18
Old 7 Oct 2019, 18:51 (Ref:3932543)   #100
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never, ever again, worst RAC I've ever been involved with.
I was in a Radio car on Alwyn yesterday.
Only 48 cars with the first batch going @ 3 minute intervals,made it as dreary as the weather.
Absolute rubbish.