Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 18 Feb 2020, 17:52 (Ref:3958305)   #121
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Ironic if the hypercar rules came about because of Aston wanting to run a road car and then Aston pulls out before it even begins.
It looks that way. Who else really asked to run their road hypercar? I know many were saying to combine the rules between imsa and wec but who said "lets run a road car"? I can see stylized prototypes but only Aston Martin was a taker or pusher for using something like the Valkyrie. McLaren was just a rumor and they're the only other party I can recall being in the news about a hypercar.
Old 18 Feb 2020, 18:41 (Ref:3958313)   #122
Anyopenroad
Racer

European Union
London
Anyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I think the ACO saying dpi 2.0 can race is the reason.
I'd suggest it's a convenient excuse rather than a legitimate reason.

I never believed there would be a Valkyrie at Silverstone in September. Aston Martin has been a basket case for a while and the WEC project was just another flight of fancy by a blowhard CEO who hasn't delivered on any of his wild promises.

The ACO has disgraced themselves with the Hypercar saga, prostrating themselves at the feet of manufacturers while neglecting a potentially strong privateer field and GTE, the one class where manufacturers do want to play.
Old 18 Feb 2020, 19:14 (Ref:3958320)   #123
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
I'd suggest it's a convenient excuse rather than a legitimate reason.

I never believed there would be a Valkyrie at Silverstone in September. Aston Martin has been a basket case for a while and the WEC project was just another flight of fancy by a blowhard CEO who hasn't delivered on any of his wild promises.

The ACO has disgraced themselves with the Hypercar saga, prostrating themselves at the feet of manufacturers while neglecting a potentially strong privateer field and GTE, the one class where manufacturers do want to play.
Not that many. You have really 2 fully committed and 2 playing in their local sandbox. And a yacht racing club. You have as many committed to the Hypercar ranks so it's not like they are tearing down the doors to get in to GTE either.
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 18 Feb 2020, 20:38 (Ref:3958333)   #124
Anyopenroad
Racer

European Union
London
Anyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
You have as many committed to the Hypercar ranks so it's not like they are tearing down the doors to get in to GTE either.
That's after several years when ACO have made it perfectly clear that all they really cared about was LMP1.

GTE makes sense because it is a showcase for the one type of motor racing which manufacturers are fully committed to: selling GT3s to customers.

Go back to 2017, let Toyota have their solo Le Mans win then announce that GTE would be the World Championship class and LMP would become privateer pro (LMP1) and pro-am (LMP2). I reckon you could add 2-3 more GTE makes right away.

But we've been over this and I'm just repeating myself. Aston in Hypercar always looked like a fantasy given the state of the company. ACO bought it because they were pathetically desperate to get manufacturers in LMP1 despite it being perfectly clear that major car makers are no longer interested in factory prototype programmes.
Old 19 Feb 2020, 09:20 (Ref:3958448)   #125
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
The Big Smoke
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
At the end of the day, I really canít believe Andy Palmer has failed to deliver on a wild promise. Who saw that coming?
Old 19 Feb 2020, 09:37 (Ref:3958452)   #126
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
At the end of the day, I really canít believe Andy Palmer has failed to deliver on a wild promise. Who saw that coming?
Heís like a cross between Dany Bahar and Cyril Abitofbull.
Old 19 Feb 2020, 11:37 (Ref:3958478)   #127
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is a really huge mess now.
Old 19 Feb 2020, 11:39 (Ref:3958479)   #128
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As i said to someone, its like one ACO dept was deciding on Hypercar rules, while down the corridor another dept was working on a deal with IMSA to scupper them.
Old 19 Feb 2020, 12:09 (Ref:3958485)   #129
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Current conditions at the ACO offices

It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 19 Feb 2020, 14:00 (Ref:3958505)   #130
dwh43scale
Racer

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
The disappointment is that neither this specifically, nor hypercar more generally, do anything for the reputation of motorsport more generally. Regarding the gentleman in question, one wonders how long he will be in his current position.
Old 19 Feb 2020, 14:17 (Ref:3958510)   #131
veeten
Veteran

United States
Fort Washington, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
@broadrun96 ...and there it is, folks.
We all knew that when the first announcement of the alignment between LMP1 & DPi rules that, eventually, Hypercars would be the odd-man out, even as they tried to include them. Cost & useability issues were going to push more manufacturers towards LMDh, where it's just powertrain that would determine the side-by-side comparisons.

The chassis manufacturers would hold the cards, not only with the first four but with others coming soon after, expanding the overall line of choice.
Old 19 Feb 2020, 16:57 (Ref:3958543)   #132
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Current conditions at the ACO offices

https://www.fiawec.com/en/news/state...programme/6637

Statement in response to Aston Martin release on Valkyrie race programme

Quote:

In the meantime, the strategy concerning Le Mans Hypercar and LMDh remains unchanged.

Old 19 Feb 2020, 17:15 (Ref:3958549)   #133
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
ďTo run at the 24 Hours of Le Mans and in the FIA World Endurance Championship, at this level of technology and budget, is an undeniable opportunity for a manufacturer to demonstrate its competitiveness. This covers a whole range of fields: technical, efficiency, improved fuel consumption, sustainable mobility. The ACO/IMSA convergence does not impact this category, and the next elements on the technical details of that common platform, to be given at Sebring in mid-March, will confirm that."

Hahahahahahahhaha
Old 19 Feb 2020, 17:50 (Ref:3958556)   #134
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!
Sounds like Aston has not won many friends here.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...ercar-not-dpi/
Old 19 Feb 2020, 18:03 (Ref:3958561)   #135
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Sounds like Aston has not won many friends here.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...ercar-not-dpi/
I think saying that is the usual Dagys over-the-top. First and foremost, only 2 cars were reasonably assured and only 1 has appeared. Think we're all willing to give Toyota a bit of room to produce their car in the flesh. Second, DPi 2.0 hasn't been nailed down yet and the "balanced" LMDh/LMH rules package hasn't even been announced. So to say one has destroyed the other is a bit OTT. Hypercar could have delayed the global 'DPi 2.0 styled" rules package but the older LMP1s would be allowed to run 20-21 under the previous rules so they can still run and gives LMDh a chance to build before 21-22 rules package and would have 2020 and 2021 LM24 before they had to be on track.