Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 11 Aug 2002, 21:01 (Ref:355510)   #1
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
XP and steering wheels

I've just bought GP4 but my steering wheel that i used to use on my old pc <win 98> (thrustmaster charger) doesn't work on my new pc which has XP, do any of you guys know if i can download any updates to make my steering wheel work, and if not, advise me what steering wheels you use with XP? I was going to buy a new wheel today, Thrustmaster ferrari modena but the guy at pc world said that i might still have to download off the internet as it's designed for win 98 and win ME, if i gotta do that then i might aswell try and get an update for my old wheel that i really like and don't really want to waste!

Please help, i'm really sad looking at my unopened GP4 box!
Old 11 Aug 2002, 21:11 (Ref:355522)   #2
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Id still buy a new Modena wheel , as your old one is pants !

get a new one , and if it dont work , take it back and get a refund !

thats my advice !
Old 15 Aug 2002, 19:06 (Ref:358559)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There's only one wheel to buy mr. v, the Logitech Momo Force. Mine arived on Monday. Fantastic!.

My previous wheel (now my "spare") was/is also a Logitech - one of the yellow Wingman Formula non-FF wheels. Exceptionally good. Nothing at all wrong with it, but my wife thought I deserved a treat with the Momo.

By the way, don't bother with GP4 - give yourself a reat treat - pick up a copy of GPL for £4.99 - not a game - a simulation - the best there is. (IMHO)
Old 16 Aug 2002, 15:05 (Ref:359205)   #4
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GPL ....whats that then Aysedasi ?
Old 16 Aug 2002, 19:16 (Ref:359315)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
GPL ....whats that then Aysedasi ?

Pardon me for saying this, Sato san, but are you serious?

GPL = Grand Prix Legends by Papyrus. Acknowledged by most as the truest motor racing simulation of them all. Although the game is now over 4 years old, it still beats the pants off everything else. I can't believe that such a gem is now consigned to the £4.99 bargain bins. If you do try it - persevere - you will find it very difficult at first. It's based on the 1967 F1 season - Lotus, Ferrari, Brabham, Eagle, BRM, Coventry* and Murasama** (*Cooper and **Honda - names changed for various copyright reasons). You know you're finally getting there when you make it through the Masta Kink at the old Spa with little or no lift! Try it - you won't regret it. (And of course there is a whole empire out there for downloads and advice).
Old 16 Aug 2002, 20:13 (Ref:359356)   #6
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
..yer.ive had that game a while back....its got the old silverstone circiut on it.i didnt think it was that good.....i hope im thinking of the right game here.....i will have to go and check
Old 17 Aug 2002, 10:38 (Ref:359660)   #7
f1grandprixshop
Veteran

f1grandprixshop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.papy.com/

7650-wallpaper Yahoo! Groups - F1 Wallpapers for your Nokia phones
Old 18 Aug 2002, 16:54 (Ref:360402)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
..yer.ive had that game a while back....its got the old silverstone circiut on it.i didnt think it was that good.....i hope im thinking of the right game here.....i will have to go and check

Not that good?????

Yes, it's got a lot of old circuits on it - 35 years old, to be precise. Simply the best.
Old 22 Aug 2002, 10:41 (Ref:363535)   #9
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
GPL ....whats that then ?
Sato san, you are silly, thats the game you gave me, u can borrow it back if you like as i still haven't installed it yet (and i've had it about 2 years! )
Old 22 Aug 2002, 10:48 (Ref:363539)   #10
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
are you blind ..you idiot !......read 4 posts above .

yes , i know what the game is now , Aysedasi explained whayt it was !...now wonder your printing is so bad if you cant even see 4 posts above !

Old 22 Aug 2002, 10:58 (Ref:363545)   #11
Mr V
Veteran

England
Are you trying to say that you can't even remember things until you are reminded what they are? who's the idiot?
Old 22 Aug 2002, 21:54 (Ref:363985)   #12
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
mmmmmmm..you i think !
Old 23 Aug 2002, 10:50 (Ref:364328)   #13
Mr V
Veteran

England
i beg to differ, but who really cares anyway!
Old 23 Aug 2002, 12:46 (Ref:364417)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
When you two have settled your differences, I suggest that you both install Grand Prix Legends!
Old 23 Aug 2002, 18:47 (Ref:364628)   #15
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
will do !..i will give it another try , if mr v ever gives it back to me .
Old 28 Oct 2002, 22:38 (Ref:415921)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
will do !..i will give it another try , if mr v ever gives it back to me .

Well?!!
Old 29 Oct 2002, 05:23 (Ref:416103)   #17
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Mr v, Sato - Handbags at 20 paces please ladies

*side note to Mr v - never mess with a mans women, car or games*