Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 6 Apr 2012, 22:39 (Ref:3054661)   #26
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Mussa View Post
No problem, you were going the wrong way anyhow.
Ahhhhh. The benefits of local knowledge!!!!
Old 7 Apr 2012, 08:09 (Ref:3054720)   #27
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Were you using sat-nag Roger?
Old 7 Apr 2012, 10:02 (Ref:3054756)   #28
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
You can satisfy your craving here.

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132670

Wish I hadn't bothered.
Old 8 Apr 2012, 09:38 (Ref:3055234)   #29
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
Maybe everybody has gone away for the Easter Holiday or to Nurburgring?

Not exactly a holiday,well,it could be termed as such by some
Nurburg is very cold at the moment though,think Iain was thinking about lighting a camp fire!At least we had some sun on Friday,went tits up yesterday though,wet,snow,wet and bloody cold.
Old 8 Apr 2012, 10:07 (Ref:3055244)   #30
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Nurburg is very cold at the moment though,think Iain was thinking about lighting a camp fire!At least we had some sun on Friday,went tits up yesterday though,wet,snow,wet and bloody cold.
Ahhh, Easter! Far too early for motor racing. Come early May I might venture out if we are not subject to any 'freak' weather, as it seems to be known nowadays....

Old 8 Apr 2012, 10:18 (Ref:3055248)   #31
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Freak weather. Hmm, we designed our offshore platforms for the 100 year event. We just had a 10,000 year event! So a lot of the walkways and gantries that were torn off by the waves are now being raised and replaced!

It's 31C today and we're expecting showers. This is a desert!
Old 8 Apr 2012, 12:31 (Ref:3055321)   #32
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Ahhh, Easter! Far too early for motor racing. Come early May I might venture out if we are not subject to any 'freak' weather, as it seems to be known nowadays....

But we had freak weather last week Mike,even saw some sun bathing,seemed odd in March.
Old 8 Apr 2012, 14:39 (Ref:3055370)   #33
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

A late Easter last year and the HSCC event at Cadwell was, iirc, quite pleasant weekend over all if a little chill one night.

For the rest of the year, at least as far as multi-day trips were concerned, a lot of water at one or more points seemed to be the order of the days.

It wasn't always especially warm rain either ...

I would head south if I were you young man.
Old 8 Apr 2012, 14:48 (Ref:3055371)   #34
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post

It wasn't always especially warm rain either ...

I would head south if I were you young man.
I wouldn't, if I were you. It's overcast down here and I have turned on the central heating.
Old 8 Apr 2012, 15:00 (Ref:3055376)   #35
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Global warming.
Old 8 Apr 2012, 15:04 (Ref:3055378)   #36
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
I wouldn't, if I were you. It's overcast down here and I have turned on the central heating.
No, no, the SOUTH of Europe, not the Midlands!

It's also cheaper down there - or should be according to the news over the last year or so.
Old 8 Apr 2012, 16:27 (Ref:3055400)   #37
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Well, Barcelona beckons week after this coming, but the WSbyR boys had one wet day testing there last week. Hopefully that was it for the next month.........
Old 8 Apr 2012, 17:35 (Ref:3055422)   #38
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
This week in Mojacar Sunny skies daytime
26°c
(78.8°f)

Clear skies evening
11°c
(51.8°f)
I shall probably slip down to our gaff for a week or so in a few days
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 8 Apr 2012, 18:27 (Ref:3055457)   #39
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
This week in Mojacar Sunny skies daytime
26°c
(78.8°f)

Clear skies evening
11°c
(51.8°f)
I shall probably slip down to our gaff for a week or so in a few days
Gordon,

Are you normally good for the local weather or not?

If not you might consider waiting until Mr. Bell is leaving so that your influence does not provide negative input for the southern parishes of the EU.

On the other hand if you normally take good weather as a partner - go soon.

(Yes I lnow Spain is a big place but surely your influence is also broad ...?)

Old 8 Apr 2012, 22:18 (Ref:3055555)   #40
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I normally know what the weather is going to be as I have a reliable 14 day forecast and of course I can phone up a mate down there and ask !
The temperatures given are ambient and are much hotter in the sun, I just need a couple of days to sort out work in the workshop and get on a "sleazyjet" flight at Gatwick and can do it in 5 hrs door to door.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 9 Apr 2012, 03:01 (Ref:3055609)   #41
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Hmm. 5 hours eh? Tantric travelling?
Old 9 Apr 2012, 09:32 (Ref:3055714)   #42
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
I have been improving my teleportation system for years, I just hope a fly doesn't get trapped in with me !
As for the "Neotantra," side of things I am 65

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 9 Apr 2012 at 09:38.
Old 10 Apr 2012, 17:33 (Ref:3056601)   #43
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Gerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Two days working at Combe over the weekend, teaching young karters. Day off at Donington testing the 360 car on Monday, got in 50 or so laps with a couple of glitches, teaching the next generation of car racers at a sunny-but-cold Llandow yesterday for Racers Edge Junior Racing Academy. A day (mostly) in the office today before two days at Clay with Mini-M's TKM to make it four race circuits in a week

Fantastic! Plenty of 924 fettling going on as well. Just a couple of "small" jobs to do before the 360. Ahem!
And in your spare time mate?
Old 11 Apr 2012, 05:56 (Ref:3056928)   #44
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Taylor View Post
And in your spare time mate?
Off to Brum tomorrow to ogle Suzi Perry in a leather cat suit Gadget Show Live!
Old 11 Apr 2012, 06:05 (Ref:3056933)   #45
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
MotoGP has never been the same since she stopped doing the TV coverage...
Old 11 Apr 2012, 06:09 (Ref:3056934)   #46
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
I have been improving my teleportation system for years, I just hope a fly doesn't get trapped in with me !

I keep waiting for Martin Brundle to start the change!
Old 11 Apr 2012, 06:21 (Ref:3056938)   #47
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
We won't mention the first time you first tested it back in '73 and a bit of woolly Mammoth got stuck in the door . . .
Old 11 Apr 2012, 13:05 (Ref:3057143)   #48
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Sounds like a plan..........
Old 11 Apr 2012, 17:11 (Ref:3057265)   #49
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Two days working at Combe over the weekend, teaching young karters. Day off at Donington testing the 360 car on Monday, got in 50 or so laps with a couple of glitches, teaching the next generation of car racers at a sunny-but-cold Llandow yesterday for Racers Edge Junior Racing Academy. A day (mostly) in the office today before two days at Clay with Mini-M's TKM to make it four race circuits in a week

Fantastic! Plenty of 924 fettling going on as well. Just a couple of "small" jobs to do before the 360. Ahem!
May I say a thank you to the Castle Combe instructors for helping this old twit struggle through his ARDS exam.
Old 12 Apr 2012, 05:50 (Ref:3057610)   #50
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrognome View Post
May I say a thank you to the Castle Combe instructors for helping this old twit struggle through his ARDS exam.
I will pass on your message but can take no glory. I'm a kart racing instructor there not car. well done, and welcome to the money pit!

There's another well known Tenther who passed their ARDS test recently and cannot believe why they did not do it years ago, it is such FUN! Which despite all the hassles of racing life is exactly why we do it (lest we forget). So here's to you enjoying yourself half as much as I've done over the years!