Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 23 Apr 2008, 21:41 (Ref:2185301)   #126
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey
I'd like to call my first witness then m'lud.........

From post by brands at 11:16 on April 21st
"However the worst practice I saw was from a "proper" pro, who was shooting by numbers with a 1D series....."

And for my next witness......

From my post at 19:03 yesterday
"On a 1D it doesn't have a traditional shutter - it turns the sensor on and off for the exposure"

No mention of 1DmkII, 1DmkIIn or 1DmkIII.......

The prosecution rests, and respectfully request the case against my client be dismissed, on account of the defence having........well....no defence

Just correcting the more outlandish misinformation

Like you said, don't pick fights you can't win......
Old 23 Apr 2008, 21:44 (Ref:2185303)   #127
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ladies, handbags. That's hardly on topic. I prefer it when you're all having a go at me, it's far more interesting (entertaining?) than shutters on Canons *yawn*
Old 23 Apr 2008, 21:45 (Ref:2185305)   #128
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Hubble, I repeat. What is your narcotic of choice? Take more water with it, FFS?
I send you a link to a specific reference to a 1D mkIIn SHUTTER. The camera you flat outstated did not have such a thing, but 'switched the sensor on and off'...

Er, no.

End of discussion, you are now on my 'ignore' list.

Sorry.
Old 23 Apr 2008, 21:48 (Ref:2185308)   #129
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler
I do not intend to come across as arrogant, and if i do i apologise.

PS: Hubble: is this low enough?

http://flickr.com/photos/jymp/2437547448/
No. Try this - only 450x300pix

I'm still interested to know where my gallery is
Attached Thumbnails
MidF1 02.jpg  
Old 23 Apr 2008, 21:52 (Ref:2185311)   #130
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
i bow to your superior knowledge. But with your head mimicking mine (apparently) in making a b-line for it's owner's intestines, i hope it doesn't grow much bigger, 'cause it just won't fit no more. And that'll hurt.
Old 23 Apr 2008, 21:52 (Ref:2185312)   #131
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Quote:
Hubble? Just what are you smoking?
A Canon 1D DOES have a perfectly normal, everyday, shutter, along with that mirror flipping up n down.

Go read Canon specs if you don;t believe me.

So, just who were you having a pop at over 'soft' shots? Me?
At least I didn't spend X thou on a 1d mkIII only to find the AF couldn't keep up.

Don't pick fights you won't win.
.....?
Old 23 Apr 2008, 21:55 (Ref:2185317)   #132
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Quote:
i bow to your superior knowledge. But with your head mimicking mine (apparently) in making a b-line for it's owner's intestines, i hope it doesn't grow much bigger, 'cause it just won't fit no more. And that'll hurt.
Again Jake, I tried to offer advice....I said you had some nice shots, but the the shot at bridge needed to be lower. It was advice. Like I said, check the websites, see how they present that shot....
Old 23 Apr 2008, 21:57 (Ref:2185318)   #133
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Quote:
Hubble, I repeat. What is your narcotic of choice? Take more water with it, FFS?
I send you a link to a specific reference to a 1D mkIIn SHUTTER. The camera you flat outstated did not have such a thing, but 'switched the sensor on and off'...

Er, no.

End of discussion, you are now on my 'ignore' list.

Sorry.
Don't be sorry....I wasn't expecting a card or anything....
Old 23 Apr 2008, 21:58 (Ref:2185321)   #134
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Most important thin is that my employer was impressed, liked what i shot, and has asked me to do more. I set this up for advice on procedure really- i'm fairly happy with my stuff.

It's not what you're saying necessarily, it's how you're saying it.

Sorry mate, but you're coming across as just as arrogant as i apparently am.
Old 23 Apr 2008, 22:04 (Ref:2185324)   #135
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Quote:
Have i not seen galleries of yours of bsb before?

or was that someone else?
That was someone else
Old 23 Apr 2008, 22:04 (Ref:2185325)   #136
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm hardly a pro (or even an amateur, haven't taken a photo since Feb!) but I'm picky but I think his sets are improving every time he goes out. good work Jake.
Old 23 Apr 2008, 22:11 (Ref:2185330)   #137
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Thanks Zac, it's nice to hear some praise haha!

Hubble, i think i'm gonna make this my final word- i respect you, i really do, if you are making a living out of motorsport photography. You are living my dream. But take a moment to think about the fact you were once in my position, and not get in arguments on internet forums because some "cocky kid" has wound you up.

OK, I've come across as cocky, but all the stuff that was told to me in this thread i took on board and used to my advantage.

Thank you one and all, but i think it's time for me to resign from this thread...
Old 23 Apr 2008, 23:28 (Ref:2185365)   #138
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OK, let's keep this friendly and on topic. Discussions about the merits of working as a "professional" are fair enough - let's not have a slagging match over shutters because we don't agree with each other.
Old 24 Apr 2008, 00:04 (Ref:2185381)   #139
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHoyer
OK, let's keep this friendly and on topic. Discussions about the merits of working as a "professional" are fair enough - let's not have a slagging match over shutters because we don't agree with each other.
And also because it is quite sad! Common, think we have better things to do rather than that.
Old 24 Apr 2008, 12:01 (Ref:2185690)   #140
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
MM, I've been trying to find something constructive to say to you but sadly I can't and I doubt it would be worth it anyway.

Sadly I think you have no idea how much damage you have done to your prospects with the attitudes that you have shown on this thread.

Good luck in the future.
Old 24 Apr 2008, 19:10 (Ref:2185987)   #141
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks for the PM MM, hope you don't mind if don't respond
Old 24 Apr 2008, 19:50 (Ref:2186013)   #142
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What ever happened to "attack the post, not the poster". Dissapointing.