Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 22 Feb 2019, 23:45 (Ref:3886070)   #1
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Jim Woodley

Sorry to tell you that Jim passed away yesterday . He played a very important part of my motor racing for nearly ten years .We raced together in his Galaxie ,Lotus 17 and or corse his wonderful Westminster which was always my favorate car . Jim often came across as a difficult person to talk to and for sure it took a while for us bond as friends and team mates . Once you got to know him you found a most generous ,kind and clever man . I have missed him since he had to stop racing and now will miss him more as a very good friend . RIP Jim.

Last edited by Mike Bell; 23 Feb 2019 at 05:48.
Old 23 Feb 2019, 02:12 (Ref:3886079)   #2
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Sorry to tell you that Jim passed away yesterday . He played a very important part of my motor racing for nearly ten years .We raced together in his Galaxie ,Lotus 17 and or corse his wonderful Westminster which was always my favorate car . Jim often came across as a difficult person to talk to and for sure it took a while for us bond as friends and team mates . Once you got to know him you found a most generous ,kind and clever man . I have missed him since he had to stop racing and now will miss him more as a very good friend . RIP Jim.
Sorry to hear of the loss of Jim Woodley, Iain.

RIP Jim Woodley.

I found a pic of Iain and Jim talking to Jack Sears.... Silverstone Celebrate British Touring Car Championship Golden Years Ahead Of BTCC Return To The Home Of British Motorsport, Thursday 19 June 2008.

Old 23 Feb 2019, 04:02 (Ref:3886086)   #3
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Sorry to tell you that Jim passed away yesterday .

Very sorry to hear that Iain.

The very few times I met Jim some years back he came across as an interesting character and a committed enthusiast. He had to give up racing far too early of course and his passing is likewise too early.
Old 23 Feb 2019, 05:26 (Ref:3886091)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Very sorry to Read that Iain, RIP Jim.
Old 23 Feb 2019, 05:35 (Ref:3886093)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Iain asked me to start a thread on this, so I've moved the posts from tea break.

I first met Jim at Donington See Red over 10 years ago, when he was racing his Lotus 17 with Iain. A big man, I was impressed that he could shoe horn his frame into the tiny car! The Ford Galaxie that he ran at Goodwood a few times seemed more suitable, along the Austin Westminster he shared with Iain.

I cant add any more to Iain's words- they're spot on. I will always remember one birthday party supper in a dunes restaurant at Lagos, with Jim, Jackie, and many other friends of equally good company. That's what historic motor racing is about!

RIP Jim, and condolences to the rest of the Woodley family.

Last edited by Mike Bell; 23 Feb 2019 at 05:49.
Old 23 Feb 2019, 07:58 (Ref:3886105)   #6
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jim was a 'local man' when I was 'working' as motor sport reporter for BBC Three Counties Radio, and interviewed him on many occasions, he always came across as s proper enthusiast who truly enjoyed his racing, I best remember him telling me that racing his Lotus was "The most fun you could have with your clothes on."

A very friendly, and approachable man, so sorry to here the news.

God Bless you Jim.
Old 23 Feb 2019, 08:32 (Ref:3886108)   #7
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
RIP Jim, he was a Top Hat regular back when it was all good fun, Chimay 2005 was a standout, I think you guys were in the same restaurant as us one evening.
Old 23 Feb 2019, 09:43 (Ref:3886118)   #8
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very sad to learn this, Iain. He came up in our conversations on numerous occasions over the years.

RIP Jim
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 23 Feb 2019, 22:23 (Ref:3886207)   #9
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Recent years Jim and Jackie have lived in Antigua Jim enjoyed sailing . Jackie has told me they are having a sea burial . I made him an ash tray out of one of the old Galaxie pistons . She is sending that with him .
Old 24 Feb 2019, 00:05 (Ref:3886218)   #10
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jim in the Lotus. Spa.
Attached Thumbnails
1280px60_Jim Woodley_ONED0009.jpg  
Old 24 Feb 2019, 01:13 (Ref:3886225)   #11
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Thanks for nice words and photos
Old 24 Feb 2019, 11:02 (Ref:3886281)   #12
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A few more snaps of Jim.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8151.JPG   IMG_8422.JPG   IMG_8431.JPG  

IMG_9043.JPG   IMG_9088.JPG   IMG_9110.JPG