Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Jul 2021, 22:45 (Ref:4064062)   #126
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
As we all say "contracts are meant to be broken", but Norris signed an extension with McLaren a month or so ago. Given McLaren's new form, why would Norris want to go to Mercedes to be #2 when there is a strong argument he is #1 at McLaren?

Richard
Yes that's my sort of take too.

I don't think Ricc will be replaced unless he tanks for the rest of the season. Looks like he is getting there although pretty ordinary in both FP's today!

The way I see it there is:
1 Merc seat
1/2 Sauber seats
1/ Dorilton seat
1/ Haas seat.
Old 31 Jul 2021, 04:01 (Ref:4064083)   #127
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Yes that's my sort of take too.

I don't think Ricc will be replaced unless he tanks for the rest of the season. Looks like he is getting there although pretty ordinary in both FP's today!

The way I see it there is:
1 Merc seat
1/2 Sauber seats
1/ Dorilton seat
1/ Haas seat.
I tend to agree regarding Ricciardo. He seems to be generally improving, but slowly.

I saw it said somewhere that once Mercedes makes a decision on their second seat, that various other potential open seats will be quickly resolved.

Richard
Old 31 Jul 2021, 08:49 (Ref:4064100)   #128
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I saw it said somewhere that once Mercedes makes a decision on their second seat, that various other potential open seats will be quickly resolved.

Richard
Yes I also think once Merc confirm the dominoes will quickly fall into place
Old 2 Aug 2021, 07:27 (Ref:4064779)   #129
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I tend to agree regarding Ricciardo. He seems to be generally improving, but slowly.

Richard
I think Ricciardo like some of the other drivers who switched teams are looking forward to the new cars next year. It seems many of the drivers who moved are having problems adapting to differences to cars in their new team

Should Ricciardo or the others perform badly they will likely be moving elsewhere.
Old 2 Aug 2021, 07:34 (Ref:4064784)   #130
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
I think Ricciardo like some of the other drivers who switched teams are looking forward to the new cars next year.
Out of interest, who else can you see struggling? Not sure I can really see any.
Old 2 Aug 2021, 15:18 (Ref:4064903)   #131
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post

Which of course kicked Kvyat out, who incidentally is in the frame to replace Russell at Williams, should he be promoted to Merc, because of RB's interest.
This just cannot be serious, surely....?
Old 3 Aug 2021, 16:39 (Ref:4065165)   #132
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Williams have let Ticktum go from their Driver Academy.

Apparently this happened last week, and since then he's been bad-mouthing Latifi online. Some people will never learn.
Old 3 Aug 2021, 16:50 (Ref:4065168)   #133
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post

Apparently this happened last week, and since then he's been bad-mouthing Latifi online. Some people will never learn.
What a relief. We just can’t have Ticktum in Formula 1. He should have been given a lifetime ban from motorsport after Silverstone 2015.
Old 3 Aug 2021, 18:16 (Ref:4065177)   #134
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Some people will never learn.
I tend to think it was just a matter of time before he augered in again.

Richard
Old 3 Aug 2021, 18:23 (Ref:4065180)   #135
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:

Probably try and take his Dad’s money to another team though.
Old 3 Aug 2021, 22:09 (Ref:4065207)   #136
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Probably try and take his Dad’s money to another team though.
Where though?!
Old 4 Aug 2021, 05:18 (Ref:4065215)   #137
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Where though?!
HAAS would seem the ideal place for such an individual
Old 4 Aug 2021, 08:19 (Ref:4065227)   #138
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
HAAS would seem the ideal place for such an individual
Ticktum and Mazepin - what a driver lineup that would be
Old 4 Aug 2021, 08:34 (Ref:4065233)   #139
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Ticktum and Mazepin - what a driver lineup that would be
Mazepin sr could go for that to clean up jr’s image!

Might need a Uralkali contribution as not sure Dick can pay more than Mick though.
Old 4 Aug 2021, 10:13 (Ref:4065257)   #140
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Mazepin has done alright of late, he was unlucky in Hungary thanks to Alfa not spotting him in the fast lane of the pitlane

I'm sure Haas will find a way to continue, hopefully the backing this year will help, they don't need anymore outside help. We'll see where Mick goes, he might be on his way to another team on current team form, but we'll see
Old 4 Aug 2021, 20:37 (Ref:4065378)   #141
peebee2
Veteran

Speaking to some who were in Hungary, the idea of Stroll paying to drive for Merc and Russell being placed at Aston seems to be getting some traction at the very least.
Old 5 Aug 2021, 02:05 (Ref:4065416)   #142
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Yeah I'm not sure Jacques Villeneuve's crazy ramblings really constitute paddock talk in Hungary. But each to their own.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/jv-lan...mercedes-idea/
Old 5 Aug 2021, 04:50 (Ref:4065423)   #143
peebee2
Veteran

This was from members of the champion team’s workforce.
Old 5 Aug 2021, 07:45 (Ref:4065430)   #144
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Yeah I'm not sure Jacques Villeneuve's crazy ramblings really constitute paddock talk in Hungary. But each to their own.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/jv-lan...mercedes-idea/
Flag fits.
Old 5 Aug 2021, 10:07 (Ref:4065444)   #145
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Flag fits.
Indeed, location checks out.
Old 5 Aug 2021, 13:33 (Ref:4065472)   #146
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well we'll have to wait and see what comes up in this summer break
Old 5 Aug 2021, 14:02 (Ref:4065482)   #147
Richard C
Veteran

Any scenarios in which Mercedes would want Stroll in the car next year seems to be a real stretch of the imagination. I see many more reasons for it to not happen.

Why not just keep Bottas? Does anyone really think Stroll would do a better job than Bottas is now? Why would Stroll Sr. fund one team and then (probably) pay to have his son in another (even if he is moved up the ladder)? Is the Aston holding back Stroll and only his true potential can be exposed in the Mercedes? I don't think so. What would Mercedes get out of this? I see only downsides for them short of maybe a tiny cost savings.

Richard
Old 5 Aug 2021, 14:55 (Ref:4065493)   #148
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
definitely seems a stretch. an intriguing one but a stretch none the less.

its a Merc team and i doubt they want a pay driver but ownership structure has changed...maybe they need or at the least more willing to accept a pay driver now?
Old 5 Aug 2021, 15:13 (Ref:4065495)   #149
peebee2
Veteran

I suspect it would come down to how much Dad would pay.
Old 5 Aug 2021, 15:35 (Ref:4065498)   #150
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Cant believe its being given any traction tbh. His dad literally bought him an entire F1 team, hes hardly going to move him to another team is he?

I see Mahaveer Raghunathan tested for Alfa in Hungary...