Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Jun 2000, 12:52 (Ref:2026)   #1
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know a lot of the MS fans willnot appreciate their driver's DNF this weekend, but it does draw the championship battle back into contention. I must admit, that when I saw the Ferrari slow I thought, well there goes Barrichello's race. Its good to see DC get a little luck going his way for a change.

BTW, what happened to MH during that extra-long and early pit stop? He definitely looked well off his usual pace.
Old 5 Jun 2000, 14:33 (Ref:2027)   #2
Devlin
Racer

Devlin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, using Ron Dennis' (paranoid) logic of the late, here's what happened: Schumacher broke his exhaust/suspension on purpose, so DC could win the race and leapfrog MH in the championship standings, so him and MH start fighting even more over who is better, so he could have an easier job winning the championship this year - devide et impera!
Old 5 Jun 2000, 16:58 (Ref:2028)   #3
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Even though MS is one of the best ever at tactics and strategies in F1, I doubt even he would come up with a plan as byzantine as that.

Personally, I think he lost his concentration while reading the interval on the pit board between himself and DC after the McLaren had closed up from 33 secs adrift to just 8 secs after the pit stop. I think he was worried that DC might pass him when he had to make another stop and that slight distraction cost him.