Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 24 Dec 2000, 16:45 (Ref:54081)   #1
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
HAS ANYBODY SEEN THE NEW PICTURES OF THE ASTRA COUPE YET? IT IS ABSOLUTELY STUNNING
Old 26 Dec 2000, 22:41 (Ref:54332)   #2
Tim.Lad
Racer

Tim.Lad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Where at ???
Old 26 Dec 2000, 22:56 (Ref:54333)   #3
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, a few of us from here saw the mock-up car at the Motor Show back in October. I think Danielsun posted some pictures on the forums at the time. (I never got round to scanning my photos)
Old 26 Dec 2000, 23:55 (Ref:54342)   #4
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, Carrie, indeed he did. I was very pleasantly surprised when I saw the mock up at how attractive it was - i'd seena photo in the paper that week, and it looked like dogshyte. However, upon seeing the photos when they'd been developed, I was once again a little disappointed... I guess it's just that it doesn't photograph well... take my word for it though, it is quite stunning in the flesh... can't wait to see it alongside the 406 Coupe, IS200 and the Alfas come April

Old 27 Dec 2000, 09:24 (Ref:54395)   #5
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hey, I went and found those photos but when I went to them I couldn't get them to work I had intended on re-posting one of them in this topic.
Old 27 Dec 2000, 21:07 (Ref:54460)   #6
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I got them on http://www.crashnet.com. You do have to register though. Go to Rally GB pictures then search under'ASTRA'
Old 27 Dec 2000, 21:09 (Ref:54463)   #7
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama

Sorry, that was meant to be crashnet.co.uk. I'm not sure though.
Old 27 Dec 2000, 21:26 (Ref:54467)   #8
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Do you mean http://www.crash.net ?
If the pics are in the Rally GB section, are you sure they aren't the F2 Rally Astra. Similar in terms of wide arches but a very different beast.
Old 28 Dec 2000, 19:04 (Ref:54594)   #9
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Yes it is http://www.crash.net. But there are BTCC ASTRAS in there. First go to the site and at the right there should be a picture of a Rally Astra and it should read 'RALLY GB PICTURES'. Click on that picture and at the left of the next screen click on 'News Search'. Don't choose a category but enter 'ASTRA' in the box below that. If it comes up that these pics are unavailable choose to register and then you should get them.
Old 28 Dec 2000, 19:13 (Ref:54596)   #10
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I've tried a couple of times now, but each time I get this error:

Quote:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near ')'.

/britishrally/search_news_results.asp, line 91
Poxy Microsoft shyte!
Old 28 Dec 2000, 21:26 (Ref:54611)   #11
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
I've got a great new computer for sale. Yours for only £200.
Old 28 Dec 2000, 21:40 (Ref:54616)   #12
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Maybe you should drop them a line and offer it to them - if they're using ASP then they'll likely buy anything some bloke down the pub told them was good quality...
Old 28 Dec 2000, 22:31 (Ref:54625)   #13
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Nope sorry, still not convinced. Tried searching and got 2 news stories with pictures. The top on had an artist impression of the car, the one which looks like an R/C model. The second story has a pic of a yellow/white Astra but that's the Opel DTM car.
Old 29 Dec 2000, 21:15 (Ref:54756)   #14
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
There are more page numbers at the bottom. Try clicking on them.
Old 30 Dec 2000, 00:06 (Ref:54818)   #15
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Nope - their server is still throwing errors... if you're lucky enough to get connected to the site, how about simply posting the pictures here ?
Old 30 Dec 2000, 00:16 (Ref:54822)   #16
Carrie
Veteran

I found these images on that site:

Old 30 Dec 2000, 00:23 (Ref:54825)   #17
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Yep - that's the BTCC mock-up car... as you can see, the top photo which was taken at the motorshow too
Old 30 Dec 2000, 00:27 (Ref:54829)   #18
Carrie
Veteran

I think Daniel commented a while back on the wing on that car and looking at those photos it really does look enormously silly.
As for the crash.net site, it's such a bugger to navigate that I think I did well just to find those pics - you have to register to see the larger pics.
Old 30 Dec 2000, 00:35 (Ref:54834)   #19
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Doesn't look that silly - in fact I kinda like it However, I suspect it's just something they bolted on for the mock-up show car - it's probably one of the only things that Muller didn't destroy when he was battering his car around, so i'm sure they've got a few spare ones

Anyone got any idea when the car is officially launched ? Is that going to be at Autosport too ?
Old 30 Dec 2000, 09:56 (Ref:54895)   #20
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
I've never heard anything about the Astra being launched, but I'm sure I seen something in Autosport saying the 406 was being launched. Vauxhall must be way behind on getting it ready because they've known about it for months now.
Old 30 Dec 2000, 22:16 (Ref:55002)   #21
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You'd have thought that Vauxhall would be right on the ball, especially since they were the first team to stick their hand up for participation in next year's BTCC.

Don't tell me they've fallen into Honda's complacency trap (see 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000) and will just turn up expecting to win everything without doing any pre-season work...