Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Mar 2019, 22:30 (Ref:3888506)   #26
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
I'm not rooting for anybody or any team in prticular, or wishing anyone or any team bad things.
Likewise, although I've been known to gloat from time to time when things don't go quite according to plan for one or two teams!

I'm a bit torn this year - but I'll come back to that.

I want McLaren to have a better year than they've had recently; I really want Williams to get out of their doldrums (but I don't think they will); I want Renault to improve just a little and bunch up the midfield some more.

I'm torn, because part of me really wants to have Merc hammer everyone again this year with a car/driver/team combo that is as close to perfection as we've ever seen, but I fear that would be a bad thing at the same time.

I hope it doesn't rain at Silverstone. I also hope it isn't about 300 Celsius like it was in 2018!
Old 6 Mar 2019, 05:05 (Ref:3888545)   #27
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi
Old 6 Mar 2019, 05:49 (Ref:3888549)   #28
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Hopefully Hartley will get a run in a Ferrari..otherwise I'm just rooted.
Old 11 Mar 2019, 13:09 (Ref:3889643)   #29
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Im getting old. Dont do much rooting anymore.
But I will be cheering on Danny big time!
Old 11 Mar 2019, 16:42 (Ref:3889690)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Kimi
There's a shock!!!!

Old 13 Mar 2019, 22:57 (Ref:3890253)   #31
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Being Australian I hope DR does well steal a race and finish on the podium a few times, same too for the Hulk.
Old 14 Mar 2019, 00:45 (Ref:3890271)   #32
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Just like every other year it will be Ferrari. As a young kid too young to really understand what was going on (and have but the briefest flashes of memory of F1 at that point) I liked red, as I do now, and they were red ones that were prominent so there you have it. I can't see it changing in the future. Definitely lucked out that it is a team that is certain to have a stab at titles every few years which makes it easier to endure the years of domination by other teams (one can focus on the light at the end of the tunnel).

I really hope the team is bit more with it in 2019. It is Ferrari, so you entirely expect them to get in their own way in a pretty painful fashion (the Todt-Brawn-Schumacher era was different as they made a point of, well, kinda taking the Ferrari out of Ferrari). It'd be nice if Binotto could manage a bit of that; obviously I mean the side that gets in the way. However, I am prepped for the more usual ****ing things up: this is the way Ferrari roles, so it is unwise to really expect too much outside of that.

I am very excited at the prospect of seeing what Leclerc can do: now we find out if he really is the real deal (which it tentatively seems like he just might be), or just another very good driver. It is mostly for the big picture of F1 that I truly hope he is, but, of course, that he would be driving for Ferrari for the next some years in that event would be a delightful bonus without question.

Vettel I have nothing against but he has never really excited me. I would certainly appreciate a season with him easing off on the rashness a touch. I may be wrong but I am assuming Ferrari are ultimately eyeing up shuffling him out the door in a couple of years if Leclerc is up to snuff.

So, in short, I am rooting for Ferrari (so clearly I want their drivers to achieve the most), but as for others I am interested in paying attention to as opposed to actively supporting:

- there is rational self-interest in seeing AR and HAAS succeed (particularly AR given the path they and Ferrari are taking).

- now that Hulkenberg has Ricciardo as a team-mate we can really get a handle on just how good he is.

- seeing how Honda get on with RBR.

- Williams. Oh, my. I concluded a couple of years ago, despite a couple of reasonable years, that I felt they had passed the event horizon of the death spiral, and, well, this year may well be a real confirmation of that hypothesis. It is so sad when you watch former goliaths whither away, but it is part of the sport.

Last edited by Dutton; 14 Mar 2019 at 01:01.
Old 14 Mar 2019, 02:02 (Ref:3890287)   #33
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Im hoping to see Mclaren and Williams back on pace to be at least competitive in the mid field

Last edited by bathurst77; 14 Mar 2019 at 02:07.
Old 14 Mar 2019, 02:33 (Ref:3890295)   #34
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
Im getting old. Dont do much rooting anymore.
Agreed.
Any team that provides entries and all the pilots thereof.
Best and safe wishes to everyone involved.

jimclark
Old 20 Mar 2019, 17:09 (Ref:3892203)   #35
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well hoping that some fresh faces appear at the sharp end but suspect it will be the usual Mercs, Ferrari and red bull mix. But ever hopeful
Old 20 Mar 2019, 17:26 (Ref:3892212)   #36
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well we might have Alfa up there in due course, but only to join Ferrari and Mercedes, not beat them everytime. Red Bull could lose it all though. I have a fair idea of how the season will develop
Old 20 Mar 2019, 22:16 (Ref:3892306)   #37
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Alfa can only get better. Imagine seeing them up there with Ferrari and Merc. RBR better watch out. And the other teams need to get their acts together
Old 22 Mar 2019, 18:30 (Ref:3892796)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think you should write them a stern letter to let them know!
Old 22 Mar 2019, 20:18 (Ref:3892818)   #39
S griffin
Veteran

Or even better each of us wins the lottery and we buy them all out to make it better
Old 23 Mar 2019, 00:13 (Ref:3892854)   #40
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Or even better each of us wins the lottery and we buy them all out to make it better
Liberty already did that, and look how far it got them!