Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 9 Oct 2021, 01:42 (Ref:4077550)   #226
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
That has a microwave in it????

Also, serious question, can you fit in that?
Microwave? They all have that, it's got a mfking oven in it man, an oven for the wife. And yes, that made her happy

It is just over 8' at the peak and that's a true queen 60x80 mattress. I've done my research. Important to me is no shtter to be full, I don't want extra bits I don't want or need. Has hot water and external shower wand I can extend and use a shelter if needed

Problem is Morgan's market schedule takes almost the full week for production and weekend markets. Hard for us to get a couple weekends of use and 2 track weekends. But man I want it

Last edited by broadrun96; 9 Oct 2021 at 01:55.
Old 9 Oct 2021, 04:30 (Ref:4077565)   #227
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Wow. I know nothing of caravans in this part of the world, but that strikes me as a decent price. ????
Look at the baller over here. $18k is pocket change to the Brit.
Old 9 Oct 2021, 10:45 (Ref:4077595)   #228
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, why not buy two.
Old 9 Oct 2021, 13:29 (Ref:4077607)   #229
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If we don't get today's weather for Petit I want a refund.

Oh wait, Tues to Thurs sucked so maybe not
Old 9 Oct 2021, 18:18 (Ref:4077637)   #230
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
If we don't get today's weather for Petit I want a refund.

Oh wait, Tues to Thurs sucked so maybe not
There was drainage ditch cleaning and additional gravel added at Casa dela Field yesterday. This week was a mess and its still sloppy so yeah, gimme sun and I can handle whatever temps we get!
Old 9 Oct 2021, 20:23 (Ref:4077654)   #231
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
More talk of mud! My previous picture of Le Mans mud was a useless one. Camping in 2016 photos. Quattro.

Is IMSA radio broadcast at the circuit?
Do I bring the radio ear defenders?
Attached Thumbnails
37D2B4D8-1C2F-4356-80A2-F23194D9AD94.jpeg   6F958BA2-2CC6-4FCB-AE36-9595625E770F.jpeg  
Old 9 Oct 2021, 20:29 (Ref:4077655)   #232
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
More talk of mud! My previous picture of Le Mans mud was a useless one. Camping in 2016 photos. Quattro.

Is IMSA radio broadcast at the circuit?
Do I bring the radio ear defenders?
Yeah, track radio is 98.1, IMSA radio for the race I believe, other coverage for the rest of the races. I use a couple digital radio mp3 players, decent reception.

Look at the actual soil, ummm we don't have that here FYI. Your sht will be orangish red even if it's dry. And we don't do those even straight rows, it's a free for all.
Old 9 Oct 2021, 20:57 (Ref:4077657)   #233
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Yeah, track radio is 98.1, IMSA radio for the race I believe, other coverage for the rest of the races. I use a couple digital radio mp3 players, decent reception.

Quote:
Look at the actual soil, ummm we don't have that here FYI. Your sht will be orangish red even if it's dry. And we don't do those even straight rows, it's a free for all.
If the weather is bad we can come in an SUV. Except, it’s er a FWD only! Not like the Quattro above! What is the point of that?
Old 9 Oct 2021, 21:32 (Ref:4077663)   #234
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

If the weather is bad we can come in an SUV. Except, it’s er a FWD only! Not like the Quattro above! What is the point of that?
It's red clay, it really doesn't matter what you drive, you're not going anywhere.
Old 10 Oct 2021, 01:18 (Ref:4077705)   #235
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
It's red clay, it really doesn't matter what you drive, you're not going anywhere.
Nah, you might end up further down the hill, minus lower body parts on the car. And your freshly cleaned suit flung in the mud from the trunk
Old 11 Oct 2021, 19:41 (Ref:4078093)   #236
RX7Mandingo
Rookie

United States
Jacksonville, FL
RX7Mandingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know if there's any sort of vendor list available? I'm just curious what kind of options there will be for food/drinks/merchandise
Old 11 Oct 2021, 20:44 (Ref:4078117)   #237
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Honestly very little food outside of a fried carnival trailer, Sonny's BBQ, some ice cream and maybe a Papa Johns trailer in Vendor Village. Whatever the sponsoring Bud distributor is pushing this year will be in their area across from Vendor Village. Talked to a few vendors in 2019 and many were open that it was their last year, the prices were far too high. The Mitty this spring had VERY few, used to have a fairly full area at the top of the hill. They expanded and paved more of it but now it looks sad and empty. Maybe they will get more turnout this year but honestly I would prepare to bring everything you need, or duck out to Publix. Or go to the support side and hit the Paddock Grill, don't worry, you WILL NOT forget it's there over the PA.

I've never seen an actual list published before myself. You could always try emailing the track, they are VERY responsive and quick, I've gotten a response at 930 on a Friday evening from them, info@roadatlanta.com
Old 12 Oct 2021, 13:03 (Ref:4078204)   #238
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So it's one of those events where you should bring your own food? At least there's some things there you can have as a treat.
Old 12 Oct 2021, 16:14 (Ref:4078223)   #239
RX7Mandingo
Rookie

United States
Jacksonville, FL
I'm already planning on being a bunch of food to cook, was just hoping there'd be good options for snacks as I'm known to eat all day, especially when I've had a few drinks. Maybe I'll bring a bunch of boiled peanuts to have ready at the camp site.
Old 12 Oct 2021, 17:25 (Ref:4078227)   #240
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Even though I'm sure we've spoken about it (as I camp w/ broad), I guess I'm just now grasping with what he wrote previously in this thread. There used to be local places (including a Twin Peaks ) with 'food trucks' or trailers, the Patron hospitality area, the Aussie Meat Pie place, a spot on spectator hill and yes, the carnival / fair style food (where one can get a frozen corndog). Never been to or tried the paddock grill as we've just about always bring what we need.

Is Sonny's still there? Not that I'd call their product 'food'.
Old 12 Oct 2021, 18:40 (Ref:4078238)   #241
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To add another wrinkle to the late in the year race. It is going to be dark when i arrive.
Old 12 Oct 2021, 18:54 (Ref:4078241)   #242
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
To add another wrinkle to the late in the year race. It is going to be dark when i arrive.
Only thing better than sitting up camp in the dark is sitting up camp in the dark and in the rain! Hoping it's just dark!!
Old 12 Oct 2021, 19:23 (Ref:4078244)   #243
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yeah, well his camp is a tent for a child, an air mattress and then unload his cheap hooch so think he can manage in the dark. Fewer haircuts and you can make better time sir.

Remember, time does change the weekend before the race as well
Old 12 Oct 2021, 21:00 (Ref:4078253)   #244
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yeah, well his camp is a tent for a child, an air mattress and then unload his cheap hooch so think he can manage in the dark. Fewer haircuts and you can make better time sir.

Remember, time does change the weekend before the race as well
I take an appropriate number of haircuts, and as you said, with the time change it's going to be dark!

Also have the added difficulty of not knowing exactly where I'm going to be setting up with the oak tree out of contention.
Old 12 Oct 2021, 21:43 (Ref:4078255)   #245
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
You'll have space, I paced it out and somehow I have an extra 8ish feet over our neighbors spot.

I don't know if I can explain how stupid this is. I need to replace the old tan canopy this year, I can replace a piece and the cover but may just get a new one. But in my search I found this from Ace Hardware.

Yes Mr field you'll have to deal with huge picture. But it appears they added a grommeted drain hole in the usual space behind the side rail that catches water. So you get a steady stream of water UNDER the canopy? Seems like engineering a solution that could be fixed without defeating the purpose
Old 13 Oct 2021, 03:33 (Ref:4078277)   #246
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I take an appropriate number of haircuts, and as you said, with the time change it's going to be dark!
Time change causes haircut schedule adjustment. You must plan accordingly.
Old 13 Oct 2021, 10:36 (Ref:4078297)   #247
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well hopefully enough barbers are flexible to change appointment times, but it's not always easy
Old 14 Oct 2021, 01:22 (Ref:4078374)   #248
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
2021 keeps delivering turds, not the best artwork they've had
I'll probably still buy a shirt since I need more 3xls, goddamn good food

Oh, and you can see the new design for the RV parking at the top of the Esses in it. And the tree dead center, ok it's multiple trees, is our camp.
Old 14 Oct 2021, 14:07 (Ref:4078442)   #249
RX7Mandingo
Rookie

United States
Jacksonville, FL
Does anyone know if there is a driver listing for any of the teams available? Me and a friend were planning on getting some shirts made to commerate Mazda's last race and I wanted to incorporate the drivers into the design somehow.
Old 14 Oct 2021, 14:21 (Ref:4078447)   #250
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I would guess Ticknell and Jarvis as all season, I wouldn't expect the entry list for another couple weeks.