Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 5 Oct 2009, 19:16 (Ref:2554682)   #76
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I had a good couple of days...Saturday on post at Bridge/Luffield in on Saturday and then running around looking after the Dunlop Saloons.

Sorry to race control for confusing them when I took over the radio while Bob had a quick break and as for Ferrari number 24 (i think)...when we tell you we're going to push you away from the track on the grass you do not steer towards the track and as for the guy that dumped the contents of his gear box all over the track...grrr...although a great bit of team work through the post and we got it all sorted!
Old 5 Oct 2009, 19:36 (Ref:2554703)   #77
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The STIG View Post
http://www.comm-spec.com/think.php

There is however still grounds for being pulled for driving without due care and attention.

Walkie Talkies are great though, just remember that they're not a secure network, and other people can use the same channels and interfere with your communications.
As I work for the government, I obviously take care whenever - I don't want to lose any discs do I?? I don't think "where are you?" needs a secure channel, but take the point that some information can be given out inadvertantly.
Old 6 Oct 2009, 05:45 (Ref:2554905)   #78
emma74
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cambridgeshire
emma74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
This is my second visit to Silverstone the last being last years Britcar 24Hr race funny thing was we had a large oil spill at Stowe any one see a pattern developing here lol.
I notice you didn't tell me this till after.
Thanks for all your, and John's, help over the weekend. I presume 'Captain Slow' has made it back by now

I'd also like to thank everyone for their help with clearing up the massive oil slick and bits of engine all over Brooklands. It was a great bit of team work and was very much appreciated.
And of course I'd like to thank the fantastic team that i had at Brooklands over the weekend that made the whole weekend enjoyable and my life as IO a lot easier. Thanks
Old 6 Oct 2009, 09:28 (Ref:2555031)   #79
Dunc
Rookie

Scotland
Methil, Fife
Dunc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by emma74 View Post
I notice you didn't tell me this till after.
Thanks for all your, and John's, help over the weekend. I presume 'Captain Slow' has made it back by now

I'd also like to thank everyone for their help with clearing up the massive oil slick and bits of engine all over Brooklands. It was a great bit of team work and was very much appreciated.
And of course I'd like to thank the fantastic team that i had at Brooklands over the weekend that made the whole weekend enjoyable and my life as IO a lot easier. Thanks
Just gutted I was relagated to spectating Sunday but area round my hernia was feeling tender so decided to err on side of caution. As for Cpt Slow the slow cam shows him at M6 toll road so should be back up intime for the next race at Knockhill no doubt my post next year will have extra detergent, cement dust and brushes
Old 6 Oct 2009, 11:49 (Ref:2555119)   #80
Lord Summerisle
Veteran

England
Lancs
Lord Summerisle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnage arnie View Post
Had a good time at the Britcar 500 yesterday. Was a great race with the top3 running close at the end. Shame about the penalty to the #10 Porsche, whatever that was for. Had a bit of rain, which gave us a few moments at Copse-#47 Aston span & ended up straddling the track as cars swerved around him & the eventual winner span in sympathy, ending up facing the wrong way! Good banter on post, as usual. Look forward to the 24 hours next year, and sampling one of Alan's famous pies!!
Glad someone got that Aston's number, i couldnt see it from my position at Copse Out, and while i was watching what the mosler was doing the Aston scampered away in a group and i missed his number.

Sunday at Brooklands was a nice change tho. a little warmer than Copse.
Old 8 Oct 2009, 16:05 (Ref:2556709)   #81
anna_blakemore
Racer

anna_blakemore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have just seem this on You tube, it a clip from the mini race after they crossed the line and took the flag!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJobhAp6_SU
Old 20 Oct 2009, 14:53 (Ref:2565488)   #82
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
covering the Britcar 500. Enjoy!!
Old 28 Nov 2009, 20:01 (Ref:2590916)   #83
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just spotted that Motors TV are showing the race tomorrow (Sunday 29 Nov) at 13.00.