Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Dec 2020, 04:35 (Ref:4024271)   #326
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
"Hey F1, how much will you pay us not to run this embarrassment?" - Gunther Steiner probably.
Old 21 Dec 2020, 05:28 (Ref:4024274)   #327
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i mean, if caterham could crowd-fund a f1 race...
Old 21 Dec 2020, 07:16 (Ref:4024279)   #328
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i mean, if caterham could crowd-fund a f1 race...
🤣🤣🤣👍🏻
Old 21 Dec 2020, 10:05 (Ref:4024303)   #329
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Mazepin has also apparently deleted his public apology re the girl and his behaviour from his Twitter account.
This article even hints at the girl being paid off / bribed for taking the can and admitting responsibility for posting the "I did it admission" regarding the posting of the video on his account. (First thought that came to my mind when I read the girl's admission.)
Mazepin has also deleted everything from his Twitter account.
https://beyondtheflag.com/2020/12/19...re-turn/<br />
https://twitter.com/nikita_mazepin
Something smells a little fishy here. I guess we just have to watch this space.
Old 22 Dec 2020, 00:42 (Ref:4024478)   #330
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
What relationship does Mazepin have with the girl he violated?
Old 22 Dec 2020, 15:28 (Ref:4024587)   #331
Theunser
Racer

Theunser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
What relationship does Mazepin have with the girl he violated?
According to what they said, they are friends.
Old 23 Dec 2020, 02:29 (Ref:4024683)   #332
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theunser View Post
According to what they said, they are friends.
I saw that, but it is a word that covers all manner of relationships, from casual acquaintance to partner or wife.
Old 23 Dec 2020, 13:32 (Ref:4024761)   #333
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Confirmed on Autosport, Haas retain Mazepin.
Old 23 Dec 2020, 14:57 (Ref:4024786)   #334
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry for posting it in two places (I posted in the Mazepin thread). But yeah, Haas had to reconfirm that Mazepin was driving in 2021

https://twitter.com/HaasF1Team/statu...31640549240835

Them having to do that is again not where Haas would be wanting the conversation to be going. Maybe William Storey and Dmitry Mazepin can partner up on something? You know what they say... There is no such thing as bad press!

Richard
Old 23 Dec 2020, 15:31 (Ref:4024794)   #335
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So that settles that then. Mazepin will still be the driver next season. Maybe we all did read a little too much into. However what he does on and off the track will be closely monitored by pretty much everyone in and following the sport no doubt
Old 23 Dec 2020, 19:28 (Ref:4024841)   #336
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
Confirmed on Autosport, Haas retain Mazepin.
Retain his £illions more like...
Old 23 Dec 2020, 20:45 (Ref:4024861)   #337
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Billy Bleach.. Exactly.. Money talks.
Old 24 Dec 2020, 04:44 (Ref:4024937)   #338
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Billy Bleach.. Exactly.. Money talks.
Yep, the cynical side of me suggests that Gunther would have said this is not acceptable, threatened a test driver role.... Mazepin senior then found a few million extra in the petty cash and dropped it all on Gunther's desk. With a broom so the issue could all be swept under the carpet
Old 24 Dec 2020, 10:08 (Ref:4024982)   #339
S griffin
Veteran

I wouldn't be surprised if Guenther had a word with him about his twitter account
Old 27 Dec 2020, 02:59 (Ref:4025356)   #340
wnut
Veteran

Marko apparently tried to sign Vettel, sabatical for 2021 and full time for 2022, but Vettel wanted to drive and signed for Aston Martin.

https://www.maximumf1.com/formula-1/...o-aston-martin
Old 27 Dec 2020, 11:26 (Ref:4025393)   #341
S griffin
Veteran

I am not sure whether him taking a year out would have been of any benefit, even with a guarantee of a drive in 2022. He still loves the sport no doubt and would have hated being on the sidelines like that. When the Aston Martin offer came up, there was no chance of him taking up Marko’s offer.

That said it had been previously hinted that there would have been no chance of Vettel return to RBR, so it does make you wonder what was going on
Old 27 Dec 2020, 17:02 (Ref:4025425)   #342
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I am not sure whether him taking a year out would have been of any benefit, even with a guarantee of a drive in 2022. He still loves the sport no doubt and would have hated being on the sidelines like that. When the Aston Martin offer came up, there was no chance of him taking up Marko’s offer.

That said it had been previously hinted that there would have been no chance of Vettel return to RBR, so it does make you wonder what was going on
Vettel seems like the type that could take advantage of a one year sabbatical. He could have done le mans, sebring, maybe the indy 500 or some other indycar races, and just gone the all around route like Alonso. I've seen segments where f1 has an old historic car doing laps around the track, and he's one of the few drivers by the fence watching, so he has an appreciation for history and cars, so a year off to drive all different kinds might have been rejuvenating for him. Oh well.
Old 27 Dec 2020, 20:17 (Ref:4025439)   #343
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Just so we're clear, Verstappen's contract runs out after 2023, so we're talking about #2 seat.

So what I don't get is why RBR would require Vettel take 2021 off and then sign him for 2022, while they had an opportunity to give him that very same #2 seat in 2021, which they later had to fill with Perez.

Were they so determined to "give Albon another chance" knowing they'll sack him anyway a year later?! What's the point?

None of this makes sense to me. I feel like something was lost in translation here.
Old 27 Dec 2020, 21:15 (Ref:4025444)   #344
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
If you look around a bit, you'll notice that maximumf1.com is a Dutch site, and is mainly focussed on Red Bull and - even more - Max Verstappen.

That's not a bad thing in itself, but sometimes that makes you question how reliable some of the posted news/rumours is/are.

Just as an exemple, these are the 5 items in the 'more news' category:
* Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.
* Ricciardo: "Verstappen has no tricks, he is just extremely fast"
* Verstappen does not want to know about any clause: "I just signed until 2023"
* Verstappen is single again: "I'm alone again"
* Verstappen: "Doesn't matter if it rains or not, we're still coming up short"

Makes me wonder if this is really an F1 news site or an F1 fanclub site.

I have seen nobody else report that Vettel was offered a contract (or given a proposal) but turned it down, so ...
Old 27 Dec 2020, 22:35 (Ref:4025457)   #345
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last thing I read was Marko said Vettel was never an option, because Vettel had already signed at Aston Martin when they decided to replace Albon.
Old 28 Dec 2020, 04:28 (Ref:4025478)   #346
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post

I have seen nobody else report that Vettel was offered a contract (or given a proposal) but turned it down, so ...
This. I must confess the source had me wondering the validity if any of the article.
Old 28 Dec 2020, 10:23 (Ref:4025493)   #347
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
Last thing I read was Marko said Vettel was never an option, because Vettel had already signed at Aston Martin when they decided to replace Albon.

Considering RBR said there was little to no chance of Vettel coming back there prior to him signing for Aston, I see why that story from that website has a lot of doubt about it.
Old 28 Dec 2020, 14:22 (Ref:4025502)   #348
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
If you look around a bit, you'll notice that maximumf1.com is a Dutch site, and is mainly focussed on Red Bull and - even more - Max Verstappen.
Well, when your site is named MAXimumf1.com of course it is about Max!

Seriously, I do wonder if that site existed prior to Max joining F1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Marko apparently tried to sign Vettel, sabatical for 2021 and full time for 2022, but Vettel wanted to drive and signed for Aston Martin.

https://www.maximumf1.com/formula-1/...o-aston-martin
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
So I looked at the maximumf1.com article. It is attributed to be based upon content from sport1.de. So I look there. I can't find any article that gives the quotes from the maximumf1.com site, but I don't really doubt it exists. I just don't think I found it. I did find an article that does talk about Marko and why he didn't sign Vettel. And that article seems to be be attributed to be based upon content from motorsport-total.com. We are now two or three layers deep in what seems to be the "telephone game" method of writing F1 articles. In that someone creates an initial source and then subsequently (and usually more and more minor) F1 sites re-write the article using their own particular slant.

https://www.motorsport-total.com/for...egbar-20122401

In the linked article above. Mark says as much as steve nielsen says above. Which is that RBR didn't sign Vettel because he was already signed. Also note some of the last comments in the article (Google translation from German to English)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmut Marko (in link above)
It is clear, however, that Vettel "made far too many mistakes of his own" out of uncertainty, "and the driving skills were very often not Vettel-level".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmut Marko (in link above)
When asked whether he trusts Vettel to become the old man again, he replies: "I hope so for him."
Given that Marko said the above, does that sound like someone who really wanted Vettel at RBR or is he just trying to be nice and polite by not speaking ill of a former driver who brought championships to his team? I think that is Marko being as polite and as nice as he is able to be and RBR had zero intention of bringing Vettel back.

Richard
Old 28 Dec 2020, 14:36 (Ref:4025506)   #349
S griffin
Veteran

Marko being nice about an ex driver? That’ll be a nice change! Then again it is the driver who gave them 4 titles
Old 28 Dec 2020, 14:48 (Ref:4025508)   #350
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Well, when your site is named MAXimumf1.com of course it is about Max!

Seriously, I do wonder if that site existed prior to Max joining F1?
Nope!

Domain was registered Nov 2017, first articles appeared Jan 2018.