Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 1 Feb 2005, 08:52 (Ref:1214357)   #1
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Special Offers For Marshals

As you are aware there are pretty strict advertising rules within ten-tenths for all the right reasons. However, as marshals we are aware that certain companies support our efforts through 'special offers'. My proposal is pretty simple really, anyone who wishes to make a special offer to marshals should drop me a PM or e-mail and I will then pass the details to anyone who asks via the same route.

If I receive details of a new offer then I will make it known in this thread so you will be able to see when something new has been offered.

Regards,

Stephen.
Old 1 Feb 2005, 08:52 (Ref:1214359)   #2
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
So, to kick off with, we have received an offer on cut price overals and fireproof underwear. Please PM me if you would like further details.
Old 1 Feb 2005, 09:02 (Ref:1214369)   #3
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
The latest offer is from AWS who are offering VAT free overals during Feb and Mch along with discounts on nomex underwear. Please contact AWS direct for further information...
Old 1 Feb 2005, 12:47 (Ref:1214576)   #4
ScottDay
Racer

United Kingdom
Derby
ScottDay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers for the info Stephen
Old 4 Feb 2005, 16:49 (Ref:1217532)   #5
F1JordanUk
Racer

England
Stroud, Gloucester, UK
F1JordanUk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great idea, good work!
Old 7 Feb 2005, 23:36 (Ref:1219872)   #6
Nighthawk
Veteran

United Kingdom
Swindon, Wiltshire
Nighthawk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
AWS ..Great i need a new pair of overals.. putting on to much weight......
Old 10 Feb 2005, 16:52 (Ref:1222119)   #7
tony_lemans
Rookie

tony_lemans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari stop watches / Bmmc training fund

After reading the previous posts on the matter, i have managed to source approx 50 of these stop watches and after speaking to Mr Green we came up with the idea offering these on the forum's with £5.00 going to the BMMC training fund. The price would be £20.00 a pop with approx £4.00 p+p. So really its open to you!!!!!!! Feedback welcome and wanted Contact tony tgregory_lemans@hotmail.com
Cheers
Old 10 Feb 2005, 20:43 (Ref:1222389)   #8
tony_lemans
Rookie

tony_lemans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More information

Hi there again, plenty of views but no comments??? So this is were iam coming from, ive been a Bmmc member for 15yrs man and boy and have been crewing on rescue units for the last 3/4 years so you could say i get around a bit, and do my share for motorsport including running the London marathon for the MSF. It is a serious offer and borne out in my companys advert in trackside. " Motorsport in the frame"
Cheers and thanks for your time, tony
Old 12 Feb 2005, 20:08 (Ref:1223898)   #9
craig hope
Racer

England
near darlington
craig hope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green
The latest offer is from AWS who are offering VAT free overals during Feb and Mch along with discounts on nomex underwear. Please contact AWS direct for further information...

what's there web address steve
Old 13 Feb 2005, 10:16 (Ref:1224165)   #10
Nighthawk
Veteran

United Kingdom
Swindon, Wiltshire
Nighthawk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Aws

http://www.advanced-wear.co.uk/index.htm

Try here......
Old 13 Mar 2005, 18:42 (Ref:1251028)   #11
pit bull
Racer

United Kingdom
In the pit lane, Cheshire
pit bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whilst I`m a great believer in discounts.
surley supporting your BMMC regalia should be first on your list, as profits go back to you the Marshals in one form or another.
Before I get Flamed I also agree with freedom of choice.
Just my tuppence worth.

Some say he spent it on fags, some say he exchanged it for a traffic light air freshner for his race car. all we know is he's called PIT BULL! :)[/QUOTE]
Old 13 Mar 2005, 23:51 (Ref:1251195)   #12
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Hi

whilst I agree with the sentiment above (being a member and regalia officer myself), you have to realise that this forum is read by more than just BMMC members, and that it is not owned by the BMMC!!!!! Therefore, we cannot automatically think that the BMMC will be placed first all the time!

Steve
Old 14 Mar 2005, 08:10 (Ref:1251309)   #13
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Thats a fair point Steve. It also comes down to personal choice of design etc, I have had three pairs of AWS overals and find them both comfortable and good value for money.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 11:19 (Ref:1252302)   #14
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Always a pleasure Dan
Old 11 Apr 2005, 09:41 (Ref:1275322)   #15
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Dear Sir/Madam,
I have been loooking around your site and have been impressed by the content and layout, and at present the company that I work for is working with the safety team at Rockingham Motor Speedway to provide Safety Clothing for their staff. The Safety team manager Paul told me that the marshalls all being dedicated sport fans have to provide their own Safetywear. As a company we are in the position to do this at a very reasonable cost. By this I dont mean just a couple of pounds off,we are talking real reductions. Alongside one of our major suppliers we are offering marshalls the chance to buy DICKIES Hi-Viz jackets,Trousers and boots for £55 FOR A SET. As you may know DICKIES is the leading brand in Safetywear and we are able to put forward this deal because they like us appreciate the work of the track marshalls.
Should you or any of your members require any further info please get in touch,we will deal with individual orders or club.
YOURS
Joe Scarborough
PHOENIX SAFETYWEAR LTD(Sales Manager)
Old 11 Apr 2005, 09:42 (Ref:1275323)   #16
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Guys and Gals,

I hope the above special offer is of help to some of you? If so, please contact Joe (details on the post)

Stephen.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 19:06 (Ref:1275770)   #17
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A great offer me thinks!
Downside........Dickies stuff, whilst being quality......isn't proban protected.
Old 12 Apr 2005, 07:07 (Ref:1276036)   #18
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
I think it's rain gear isn't it?
Old 12 Apr 2005, 07:09 (Ref:1276037)   #19
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Thats what I thought.
Old 16 Apr 2005, 08:26 (Ref:1279470)   #20
JCR
Rookie

JCR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nimbus M/Sport still offer ringers gloves (extracation and others) TO MARSHALS at a reduced cost, tel 01377236170, mention this site and JCR please,
Old 17 Apr 2005, 13:36 (Ref:1280370)   #21
p15pathfinder
Rookie

England
p15pathfinder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please please please do not waste your money on Nomex or any other type of fire resistant underwear! I do not want to seem as though I am putting the Kybosh on the offer but take it from someone who was a fireman........... if, near a fire, it is feeling 'HOT' then you are too bloody close! So why wear fire resistant underwear???? Keep your money in your pocket.
Old 17 Apr 2005, 17:23 (Ref:1280534)   #22
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Regarding the offer of Dickies rain gear from PHOENIX SAFETYWEAR (see above) I've just been told that they have dropped the price to £50
Old 17 Apr 2005, 19:37 (Ref:1280608)   #23
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hold out for another week guys - it'll be down to £45 !!!!

I actually do need new boots and & jacket so will be calling them!
Old 20 Apr 2005, 18:26 (Ref:1283233)   #24
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I spoke to the guy from Phoenix today and believe he will try to come to sign on at this weekends 750MC meeting at Brands to explain the offer and have flyers.
He says BMMC have agreed to put something in their mag, so no conflict there.
Old 20 Apr 2005, 21:07 (Ref:1283339)   #25
Dutch chap
Veteran

European Union
Holland
Dutch chap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by p15pathfinder
Please please please do not waste your money on Nomex or any other type of fire resistant underwear! I do not want to seem as though I am putting the Kybosh on the offer but take it from someone who was a fireman........... if, near a fire, it is feeling 'HOT' then you are too bloody close! So why wear fire resistant underwear???? Keep your money in your pocket.

You are referring to the situation that a marshal approaches a fire. But how about when the fire approaches you? It does not happen every day, but you know we are hardly in a safe position. I always wear a nomex (not proban, but the real stuff) overall, and most of the times I wear my nomex underwear too. And that’s from another ex-fireman….