Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Nov 2019, 19:26 (Ref:3938346)   #26
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Leclerc is going to Plan B.
Do Ferrari ever just run Plan A? Can we just make Plan B the new Plan A?
Old 3 Nov 2019, 19:28 (Ref:3938347)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Do Ferrari ever just run Plan A? Can we just make Plan B the new Plan A?
Old 3 Nov 2019, 19:28 (Ref:3938348)   #28
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Check this out, you don't see them whinging about bumps!

Is it possible for the drivers to point out there are bumps and that this is a challenge without them being branded and softies and not like the hard driver's of the past? Or should they keep their mouths shut so we don't even know?

I'm not saying no one is whinging, but most of what I've seen has been measured.
Vettel might be soon.
Old 3 Nov 2019, 19:29 (Ref:3938349)   #29
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Vettel out, with a right rear suspension failure.
Old 3 Nov 2019, 19:37 (Ref:3938350)   #30
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not sure Max putting the hards on will get him back into this race.
Old 3 Nov 2019, 19:38 (Ref:3938351)   #31
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Not sure Max putting the hards on will get him back into this race.
I'm guessing it's a gamble. Current strategy would be 3rd at best. So lets switch. Should still beat Ferrari, can't get worse than 3rd.
Old 3 Nov 2019, 19:40 (Ref:3938352)   #32
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
True and Bottas only came out marginally ahead.

Lets see what LH can turn out now but i think Merc just handed him a top step championship celebration.
Old 3 Nov 2019, 19:42 (Ref:3938353)   #33
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
True and Bottas only came out marginally ahead.

Lets see what LH can turn out now but i think Merc just handed him a top step championship celebration.
Indeed. They've comprimised Bottas just in case. They've let Lewis stay on the optimal strategy.

Leclerc is in no-mans-land.
Old 3 Nov 2019, 19:47 (Ref:3938354)   #34
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Should Leclerc try the undercut?
Old 3 Nov 2019, 19:48 (Ref:3938355)   #35
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
I think i spoke too soon about the Max stop...this might actually become a race.
Old 3 Nov 2019, 19:50 (Ref:3938356)   #36
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Should Leclerc try the undercut?
Nevermind. Ferrari messed up again.
Old 3 Nov 2019, 19:52 (Ref:3938357)   #37
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
lol Ferrari. Amazing. What a stop.

They say that if you're an F1 driver, Ferrari is a team you just have to drive for at some point. It's special. Kinda like that other Italian thing - the Alfa Romeo. If you're a car nut, you have to own one. The passion and history and all the things that come with it. Including the pain of it breaking down in the middle of the night, stranding you at the side of the road.
Old 3 Nov 2019, 19:56 (Ref:3938358)   #38
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So far it's just.as I predicted. Tedious.
Old 3 Nov 2019, 20:15 (Ref:3938363)   #39
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
So far it's just.as I predicted. Tedious.
What is it that you want though? Constant passing and diving like Nascar or Indy? It's still a matter of whether the car and its attached parts can survive. Red Bull chewed up its hard tires in 2/3s of what Lewis has to do. It's not wheel to wheel but it's still who's fastest over 56 laps.
Old 3 Nov 2019, 20:20 (Ref:3938364)   #40
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Definitely expected LH to get further with these hards. Surprised he overdrove earlier in the stint.
Old 3 Nov 2019, 20:27 (Ref:3938365)   #41
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Surely LH must pit now to cover a possible SC and Leclerc no?
Old 3 Nov 2019, 20:40 (Ref:3938367)   #42
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think he has to stay out now and possibly let Bottas by and settle in to 2nd or 3rd. But it looks like he'll fight every inch of the way and could see them both taken out being crazy

Honestly wouldn't be surprised to hear Toto on the radio to tell Bottas to hold station. Guess not now.

And there's no way 4 seconds in 5 laps when it has taken Verstappen multiple laps to gain 2 seconds. No matter how excited the guys on SkySports want to be
Old 3 Nov 2019, 20:41 (Ref:3938368)   #43
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Bottas takes the lead.
Old 3 Nov 2019, 20:45 (Ref:3938370)   #44
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What I want is unpredictability. What we have is ecided after the first lap.
Old 3 Nov 2019, 20:47 (Ref:3938371)   #45
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
It's hard to say this was decided after the first lap given the different strategies. We just had a pass for the lead with a few laps to go. I'm not saying it's brilliant, but lets be reasonable.
Old 3 Nov 2019, 20:49 (Ref:3938372)   #46
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Congrats to Lewis on his 6th WDC and congrats to Bottas on the win.
Old 3 Nov 2019, 20:49 (Ref:3938373)   #47
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Yup, cause how it plays out has no part in getting to the end. Do you just fast forward to the end of races?

Hope Max doesn't need that engine, sounds like he's ragged it out coming off the corners late in the race. But it's late in the season and guessing more than a few are on the run it until it blows engines
Old 3 Nov 2019, 20:51 (Ref:3938374)   #48
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Given the state of those hards, its as if LH was driving a damaged car for the last 20odd laps of the race.

Not the greatest race of course, but plenty enough drama for me.')
Old 3 Nov 2019, 20:53 (Ref:3938375)   #49
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
IndyCar is unpredictable and the racing is close.
Old 3 Nov 2019, 21:03 (Ref:3938380)   #50
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
You mean you didn't see that coming? After the first lap it was a no brainer. There was plenty of fun being had further back, but not much at the front.