Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 25 Oct 2019, 13:05 (Ref:3936698)   #126
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
Apologies for double post, but there will be no Retro 4WD this weekend at Croft due to lack of time to get them ready for transport to Barbados! Also on the entry list below, both Laim Doran and Andreas Bakkerud are down for driving in the RX150 buggies.

https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uplo...1-21102019.pdf

Supercars = 8
Supernational = 9
BMW Mini = 9
Swift Jnr = 8
Retro = 10
RX150 = 6
Swift Snr = 8

Total entries = 58.
It is a pitiful entry for the (supposed) end of season decider - 58 cars spread across 7 classes.

At least the winter series has a sensible class structure with all comers allowed and divided into just 4 main classes. Let's hope it actually happens, because people won't bother if there is any suggestion it may get cancelled.

They need to merge the series and just have one class for all production 2wd vehicles. There needs to be a cheap way for new people to join with older cars, like stockhatch and hot hatch. This exists in the BTRDA but there needs to be the same regs for the 'British' too so people can run at their local tracks more often.

I also cannot fathom why there are 2 historic series with completely different regs, serving only about a dozen drivers in total. Madness! Surely it is not beyond the wit of man to merge these two groups and have one set of common regs?
Old 25 Oct 2019, 14:00 (Ref:3936711)   #127
sal the 2nd
Rookie

sal the 2nd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I hadn't heard about that - is there an article anywhere with more details?

Also I saw something about 'winter rallycross' over the weekend - has anyone heard anything about that?
https://mailchi.mp/e28140a8f4f0/new-...t?e=a338829c8e

This is the article re no Rallycross at Croft in 2020. Dont know if its related to the circuit and their lack of "noise" days or a championship promotional things
Old 26 Oct 2019, 18:33 (Ref:3936918)   #128
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Leonidas

I have been saying the same thing for years, yet sadly it seems there are people involved and fans who are fine with two series, and even more importantly the people involved see no reason to change, as far as they see it, it is fine as it is.

Just not for a lot of fans. I just don't attend anywhere near as much RX as i used to years ago, less tracks and this silly two underpopulated series.

Just look, the replies will back it up, you will get each side they are great, grids are fine, there is no pit space for 100+ cars etc. And you are right about the retro thing, I was asked to leave a facebook group when mentioning it, and why the same car with two different drivers was not allowed, then allowed. It is just clicky nonsense I think sadly.

it's impossible, so just leave them to it and watch something else. I do, I am only here for the odd old days chat.
Old 26 Oct 2019, 18:49 (Ref:3936920)   #129
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So the big news is that for the next three years, Lydden Hill Circuit have won the tender to run the Brx. Lets see how this goes, it cant be any worse that it is at the mo.

https://lyddenhill.co.uk/brx2020/?fb...URkwDoz-mD5dwU
Old 27 Oct 2019, 09:54 (Ref:3937076)   #130
hoffman66
Racer

No Silverstone which means the rumours about it being dumped might well be true
Old 28 Oct 2019, 11:41 (Ref:3937313)   #131
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffman66 View Post
No Silverstone which means the rumours about it being dumped might well be true
I have heard that rumour but, given it's source (or at least where I heard it), I think it might be a bit of a presumptuous claim...

...as an aside I wonder if the standalone ERX round(s) will return next year? Potential for a bit more rallycross on British soil there?

Victory for Tohill in the final round yesterday, but another Championship for Godfrey. Heard some mixed stories about Julian over the years, but can't deny that he has done well to keep that Fiesta at the head of the field. Yes, there wasn't a lot of competition this year, but Tohill is using (what I am led to believe) is a well sorted car and Godfrey wasn't that far off matching the pace of Munnich at the Titans round earlier this year.
Old 28 Oct 2019, 11:52 (Ref:3937319)   #132
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well thats the 2019 Championship done and first off get the good things out the way first, well done to all the class champions:

Jnr Rx = Luke Constantine
Supernational = Tristan Ovenden
Swift Sport = Tom Constantine
BMW Mini = Drew Bellerby
Supercar = Julian Godfrey
S1600 = Craig Lomax
RX150 = Chrissy Palmer
Retro = Gary Simpson

Now for the bad, that was easily the worst Rx meeting ive ever been too. No Retro's running on the Sunday at all, basically giving 2 fingers up to the people who turned up to watch. No Doran, No Bakkerhud in the Buggies which turned out to be yet more crap from the organisers! There were a lot of very unhappy speccies there yesterday.

For next year, the new organisers are going to have to perform miracles to try n put right all of the things that have been done by the current idiots who been running it. Also found out that it is Croft's decision to not have any Rx there next year. Think the might regret that.

Any hows here's my vid from the day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5R8ZRKX8PQ

Practice = 00:00 - 01:35
Q1 = 01:35 - 15:20
Q2 = 15:20- 26:40
Q3 = 26:40 - 36:42
Final's = 36:43 - 57:41

Last edited by geordiecriag101; 28 Oct 2019 at 12:16.
Old 3 Nov 2019, 21:15 (Ref:3938385)   #133
sihorton
Racer

England
up north, aka lancashire
sihorton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a great shame we won't have Croft on the British Rallyx Calendar for 2020, as i think for all involved in last weekend event showed what a great venue it can be, with some fantastic racing over the 2 days. No joker lap required to mix things up, just a fast RX circuit, some unpredictable weather and lots of commitment from the drivers.

For me personally, Croft is my favourite circuit on the calendar. It's a track that really suits myself and the Subaru, and the nearest thing to a home circuit. It will be missed in 2020, and hopefully its back on the calendar in the near future.

Here is a quite ride on-board from the supercar final

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okGjd38xrdA&t=1s
Old 5 Nov 2019, 23:18 (Ref:3938786)   #134
sashchris
Rookie

England
newton aycliffe
sashchris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now for the bad, that was easily the worst Rx meeting ive ever been too. No Retro's running on the Sunday at all, basically giving 2 fingers up to the people who turned up to watch. No Doran, No Bakkerhud in the Buggies which turned out to be yet more crap from the organisers! There were a lot of very unhappy speccies there yesterday.
I went on the Sunday , the first BRx round I'd been to for a few years and must say was a bit shocked at how bad it was (on the Sunday only 42 cars running !) 3 or 4 cars per heat made things fairly processional racing wise . What has gone wrong here ?

As for Croft this weekend, there were supposed to be a seperate series of races for 2WD only cars, ones that are not already in other classes. As expected, that came to nothing! There dosent seam to be any plan of what they doing, just hoping people will turn up and make up the numbers!
This I would think would be down to them wanting £300 per day entry fee , hardly they way to entice people into the championship / event , as a sometime competitor it certainly put me off
Old 6 Nov 2019, 08:19 (Ref:3938838)   #135
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The MSUK championship seems to be going from bad to worse - I can't help thinking MSUK would be better to pull the plug and support the BTRDA championship. The current MSUK is not a national championship in any meaningful sense when there are so few competitors.

And look at the calendar next year - only one track in England with the loss of Croft and Silverstone. What is going on? Maybe time to try to revitalise Mallory and Blyton?
Old 6 Nov 2019, 20:46 (Ref:3938938)   #136
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has anybody seen an entry list for the proposed Lydden Winter Rallycross this Saturday?
Old 6 Nov 2019, 21:03 (Ref:3938943)   #137
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
The meeting is still going ahead as they have the Fireworks display that was postponed from last weekend due to the bad weather after the racing finished. The entry list should be out tomorrow from what Lydden have said.
Old 7 Nov 2019, 11:58 (Ref:3939056)   #138
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The entry list should be out tomorrow from what Lydden have said.
Where have they said it? I haven't seen any updates on the Website or social media since the events were first announced. They really don't help themselves sometimes.
Old 7 Nov 2019, 14:26 (Ref:3939071)   #139
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Where have they said it? I haven't seen any updates on the Website or social media since the events were first announced. They really don't help themselves sometimes.
They (Lydden Hill) replied to a message that geordiecriag101 posted on Facebook Bert, I saw the post appear in my timeline a few days ago and commented on it: will try and find it later but the post said Thursday evening or Friday morning for an entry list.
Old 8 Nov 2019, 08:55 (Ref:3939177)   #140
flagwaver2
Rookie

England
flagwaver2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure there is really the enthusiasm for a winter series in the UK at the moment.
Old 8 Nov 2019, 19:23 (Ref:3939293)   #141
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The meeting is still going ahead as they have the Fireworks display that was postponed from last weekend due to the bad weather after the racing finished. The entry list should be out tomorrow from what Lydden have said.
Has anybody seen an entry list, is the timetable as advertised before the fireworks were added, 10:30am to 4pm?
Old 8 Nov 2019, 21:46 (Ref:3939307)   #142
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen H View Post
Has anybody seen an entry list, is the timetable as advertised before the fireworks were added, 10:30am to 4pm?
I haven't seen one yet. I have seen three drivers say they are going on Facebook and that's it so far.

Think I'll try and call the circuit first thing in the morning before setting off.
Old 9 Nov 2019, 07:26 (Ref:3939375)   #143
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Forgive the double post, but the entry list appeared late last night:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...35955316415468

Just over 20 cars in attendance. As much as I want to support the event, its a long journey for me to see 20ish cars.

Fingers crossed the December meet gets a better turnout, as that's a bit further into the off season (and doesn't clash with a WRX weekend either).
Old 9 Nov 2019, 12:27 (Ref:3939424)   #144
hoffman66
Racer

I fail to see the point in all honesty.
Old 9 Nov 2019, 13:07 (Ref:3939428)   #145
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
Hopefully the entry for the second proposed date in december will be a better showing. As for the reason behind the winter series, I would take a pot shot at this being Lydden Hill having a few smaller events to get used to running and organising an event by them selfs as they will have to do next year being the newly awarded championship organisers. THis whole winter series was never mentioned by either the out going organisers (BARC) or the BTRDA but only by Lydden Hill.
Old 9 Nov 2019, 21:01 (Ref:3939512)   #146
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Hopefully the entry for the second proposed date in december will be a better showing. As for the reason behind the winter series, I would take a pot shot at this being Lydden Hill having a few smaller events to get used to running and organising an event by them selfs as they will have to do next year being the newly awarded championship organisers. THis whole winter series was never mentioned by either the out going organisers (BARC) or the BTRDA but only by Lydden Hill.
Sounds like a decent reason, plus I wonder if they're keen to go down the line of a venue like Santa Pod which runs 'something' virtually every weekend. Certainly can't argue with whatever Keith Bartlett is doing as it's obviously working, given how much SP were able to spend on relaying the track recently.
Old 10 Nov 2019, 13:40 (Ref:3939703)   #147
hoffman66
Racer

Not a great comparison.

You can't really offer a cheap run what yer bring type thing at a rallycross track.

And they do a lot of drifting etc there aswell. F1 teams used to test there, all sorts of things are done there.

Plus it is the only true drag racing track in the UK and they run events for all kinds of things like Jap cars, Ford, bikes, VW, that are long established, or used to run at places like Silverstone, most of them have found a better home at Santa Pod.

But it the core of drag racing, and that taps into road cars aswell as race, and bikes, hence why it runs stuff every weekend.

Something you could only do at Lydden if you ran track days, race meetings every weekend, and I doubt they can do that for noise reasons.
Old 10 Nov 2019, 14:04 (Ref:3939707)   #148
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffman66 View Post
Not a great comparison.
I'm not making a comparison, just wondering if that's what Lydden are trying (they always seem to be pushing various trackdays and drifting stuff most weekends).

Not saying it IS what they're doing, that it would work or even that they should, just that I wonder if they're looking at doing it on the basis that people through the gate earns money.
Old 10 Nov 2019, 14:50 (Ref:3939716)   #149
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
I've not seen this mentioned, but there was a full electric Rx car running at Lydden, see what you think.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...08337509320684
Old 10 Nov 2019, 21:32 (Ref:3939798)   #150
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
So did anyone go? I opted for Brands instead as I did at least know what was happening there. If they can get an entry list out a bit sooner for the next one they I might pop down.