Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 7 Oct 2020, 19:50 (Ref:4009057)   #101
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Charcoal would always be good. Think I have a couple bags and some lump for steaks. I'm just bringing the Aussie since I think there will only be the 5 of us this year.

Working on my food and provision plan right now. Have bourbon but need a bit of beer still. Bringing some of the bacon and some sausage for breakfast. And planning biscuits Friday and Saturday with them.
Old 7 Oct 2020, 21:45 (Ref:4009073)   #102
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure I'm really late to the game here, but I just noticed that PLM starts at 12:40p and there is a Porsche cup race beforehand.
https://roadatlanta.com/images/2020/...R-Schedule.pdf
Also, the fan track walk. Kinda cool too.
Attached Thumbnails
ttrack.PNG  
Old 7 Oct 2020, 23:00 (Ref:4009081)   #103
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
I'm sure I'm really late to the game here, but I just noticed that PLM starts at 12:40p and there is a Porsche cup race beforehand.

I'm thinking of coming up for that and then leaving. Need to find out if I can ride my bike; parts would be exhilarating and others would be awful.
Old 8 Oct 2020, 00:01 (Ref:4009086)   #104
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I missed the late start, knew they'd added extra Porsche races to replace cancelled events but figured they would squeeze it in Friday.
Old 8 Oct 2020, 01:59 (Ref:4009090)   #105
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

The extra porsche race is great but I'm super bummed I won't be there in time on Wednesday to partake in the track walk.
Old 8 Oct 2020, 02:35 (Ref:4009095)   #106
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I still miss the 830 race wake up call from the Panoz GTs on Saturday followed by warm up. The 1240 race start is a little annoying as we could actually make the roll out of pit lane easily this year with the late start but we're not allowed...oh well

I'll walk the track for you joeb.
Old 8 Oct 2020, 15:45 (Ref:4009183)   #107
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I still miss the 830 race wake up call from the Panoz GTs on Saturday followed by warm up. The 1240 race start is a little annoying as we could actually make the roll out of pit lane easily this year with the late start but we're not allowed...oh well

I'll walk the track for you joeb.
I don't mind the late start, but the race is going to be ending late! I'm going to have to pace myself to stay up!

Thanks field, walk the track once for me, and one lap for you.
Old 8 Oct 2020, 16:58 (Ref:4009192)   #108
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
No paddock access? Start this biatch at 10am. I don't need a Beetle race to warm up to.
Old 9 Oct 2020, 14:57 (Ref:4009349)   #109
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I've texted the usual campers but the rumors are circulating again at Historics weekend. All from old guys who have been saying it for a couple years so take it with a large grain of salt

Supposedly the track will be going to all reserved camping for 2021. I have not heard confirmation myself but it's out there again. No idea how it would work at all since we cram in any place we fit but. I will email to ask so I can keep everyone updated
Old 9 Oct 2020, 15:26 (Ref:4009358)   #110
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Got the confirmation, Turn 3/4 will be turned to reserved camping starting next year. He only mentioned this area so you might be ok on the Turn 10 area.
Old 9 Oct 2020, 15:40 (Ref:4009361)   #111
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I've texted the usual campers but the rumors are circulating again at Historics weekend. All from old guys who have been saying it for a couple years so take it with a large grain of salt

Supposedly the track will be going to all reserved camping for 2021. I have not heard confirmation myself but it's out there again. No idea how it would work at all since we cram in any place we fit but. I will email to ask so I can keep everyone updated
Quote:
Got the confirmation, Turn 3/4 will be turned to reserved camping starting next year. He only mentioned this area so you might be ok on the Turn 10 area.
Welp, I guess we need to get on that reservation list!

Road America has always been reserved camping only. The last time I went in 2012 they actually had painted lines on the grass, and security checked every night to make sure you were in the proper space.

Just can't imagine Road Atlanta doing that!
Old 9 Oct 2020, 15:58 (Ref:4009365)   #112
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:
Well f__k you very much I.S.C. & Road Atlanta.
I don't see them doing that in our area because the ground actually isn't great for setting up a camp without all the leveling that needs to be done. It's a steep-ish hill. We've been there for a couple decades and know how to make it work.
This is actually sh!tty news. Dominos will fall....
Old 9 Oct 2020, 16:04 (Ref:4009366)   #113
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yeah, he said just this area for 2021.

And yes joeb we're on the list to be talked to and get our space saved before the area goes public. He's coming around during Petit to meet with us. The postman has actually found himself a purpose and I've made sure Adam knows we've been there a while now.
Old 9 Oct 2020, 16:27 (Ref:4009369)   #114
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
There is always this to look forward to....
Attached Thumbnails
weather.PNG  
Old 9 Oct 2020, 16:31 (Ref:4009371)   #115
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yup, looking much better than this weekend so far. Rain to dampen the clay a bit.

A very breezy and cool 72 here this afternoon. Barely any sun but no rain so far. Decent track activities, better than usual Fall Historics but pale in comparison to The Mitty.
Old 9 Oct 2020, 16:33 (Ref:4009372)   #116
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:
Yup, looking much better than this weekend so far. Rain to dampen the clay a bit.

A very breezy and cool 72 here this afternoon. Barely any sun but no rain so far. Decent track activities, better than usual Fall Historics but pale in comparison to The Mitty.
who is going to be driving the poo-joe? I wonder if they'll be hitting any lap times close to what it was doing back in 2011.
Old 9 Oct 2020, 16:49 (Ref:4009380)   #117
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
The timing and scoring app requires subscription and no radio coverage. David Porter is the listed driver

Gotta love HSR, same class has 3 TA mustangs, CTS-V coupe, SLS GTR, R32 skyline with turbo noise, multiple years of Porsche Challenge cars and 1980 Chevy Nova. And the Nova is the fastest by a wide margin.
Old 9 Oct 2020, 17:40 (Ref:4009386)   #118
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
who is going to be driving the poo-joe? I wonder if they'll be hitting any lap times close to what it was doing back in 2011.
He turned a fastest lap of 1:13.978. 1.6 seconds clear of John Reisman in Corvette DP, 2.2 up on the Acura ARX-03b.
Old 10 Oct 2020, 15:02 (Ref:4009494)   #119
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Damp and misty morning and the 908 waived the white flag. Only the Vette DPs and P3 car out for the race today, no 908 or ESM ARX

And 2 laps before VisitFlorida spun on the curb at 3 and came to say hi
Old 11 Oct 2020, 19:44 (Ref:4009949)   #120
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I started packing as in I made the same list I did last year at this time. Now I'm smoking a cigar in honor of the Dawgs taking down rocky top and what I hope is the final nail in DQ's coffin.

Still hoping all is gonna work out well, even tho we know 2 of our regulars won't be joining us this year
Old 11 Oct 2020, 20:28 (Ref:4009968)   #121
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yeah, it will be a weird year but it's still race cars, beer, bourbon and cigars. Just bought a couple crowlers of IPA and a good ribeye from my local butcher. Taking tomorrow off for the first time to prep and load the truck to leave early Tuesday. Still need the full beer run tomorrow.

Planning the usual steak night Friday and grilling baby potatoes tossed in beef butter. Trust me, you'll like em. Some of my homemade bacon Fri or Sat morning and sausage and cinn rolls the other. Have a box of brownie mix if we're so inclined. And will bring a few of the collected bourbon as well.

It appears the only activity on track Wed is a couple test sessions after the morning track walk. Well be nicer to have a reserved spot and show up Wed afternoon next season.
Old 12 Oct 2020, 01:05 (Ref:4010028)   #122
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Yeah, it will be a weird year but it's still race cars, beer, bourbon and cigars. Just bought a couple crowlers of IPA and a good ribeye from my local butcher. Taking tomorrow off for the first time to prep and load the truck to leave early Tuesday. Still need the full beer run tomorrow.

Planning the usual steak night Friday and grilling baby potatoes tossed in beef butter. Trust me, you'll like em. Some of my homemade bacon Fri or Sat morning and sausage and cinn rolls the other. Have a box of brownie mix if we're so inclined. And will bring a few of the collected bourbon as well.

It appears the only activity on track Wed is a couple test sessions after the morning track walk. Well be nicer to have a reserved spot and show up Wed afternoon next season.
I can't wait to get there in 3 days time! I will be rolling in with my wifes CX5 so don't try to run me off as i park under the oak...

I have a little shopping left to do, but am mostly there. I have lots of things laying around in small piles, but nothing packed per se. I almost lost all my ice this weekend with the Hurricane induced power outage.
Old 12 Oct 2020, 01:31 (Ref:4010038)   #123
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Hopefully you can find some too, guessing it was selling well.
Old 12 Oct 2020, 02:29 (Ref:4010042)   #124
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Chamber of Commerce weather for Petit. Joeb, bring your winter clothes
Old 12 Oct 2020, 02:55 (Ref:4010046)   #125
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Chamber of Commerce weather for Petit. Joeb, bring your winter clothes
Looks perfect. *knock on wood*

I'll grab some firewood!!