Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Aug 2020, 23:20 (Ref:3994643)   #1
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Spain to Belgium Question

I didn't really want to start another covid thread but... would I be right in thinking that anyone who attends the Spanish GP this weekend, can't come back to the UK before the Belgium event?

They are going to have to stay somewhere in continental Europe or face a 14 day quarantine back in the UK which would then rule them out of travelling to Belgium?

Or does the F1 bubble allow them back into the UK with out quarantine?
Old 11 Aug 2020, 08:36 (Ref:3994692)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No real idea. Are you thinking team members? My lad was spannering at the ELMS last weekend and came back from Belgium with no quarantine requirement. He tells me that the team have some kind of paper authorisation which provides exemption, but I've not seen it (nor has he, I suspect).
Old 11 Aug 2020, 10:02 (Ref:3994708)   #3
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not just teams but anyone in the F1 bubble, FIA and FOM personnel, on site broadcast crews etc.
Old 11 Aug 2020, 13:28 (Ref:3994765)   #4
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe, that subject to having acceptable testing and social distancing procedures in place, there are exemptions for Elite sports and some industries.
Old 11 Aug 2020, 13:54 (Ref:3994770)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
From the (admitedly little) info that I have, I believe that's correct.
Old 11 Aug 2020, 14:02 (Ref:3994772)   #6
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
I believe, that subject to having acceptable testing and social distancing procedures in place, there are exemptions for Elite sports and some industries.
My understanding also
Old 11 Aug 2020, 14:21 (Ref:3994777)   #7
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Which seems strange to me, because if the government are going to make sweeping assumptions about people potentially carry a virus, when did sportspeople's lives become more important than anyone else's with regards to inconveniencing them for 2 weeks?

(Mini rant from someone returning to the UK from Spain at the beginning of September. )
Old 11 Aug 2020, 14:53 (Ref:3994784)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm guessing it has something to do with the level of care, protection and bubbling that they are subject to while 'performing', which cannot be said of 'Joe Public'....
Old 11 Aug 2020, 15:03 (Ref:3994788)   #9
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Or does the F1 bubble allow them back into the UK with out quarantine?
presumably quarantines only apply if one wishes to stay in the country after the quarantine period ends.

so upon returning, you quarantine with your family for however many days (up to 14 days) you are in country but if you decide to leave before those 14 days then you are free to break your quarantine provided you are directly leaving the country?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Which seems strange to me, because if the government are going to make sweeping assumptions about people potentially carry a virus, when did sportspeople's lives become more important than anyone else's with regards to inconveniencing them for 2 weeks?

(Mini rant from someone returning to the UK from Spain at the beginning of September. )
this may be unpopular or controversial to say, but there are already exemptions for people on gov't business, involved in the transportation industries, as well as people with legitimate business needs so i would place an individual involved in an international sport providing entertainment to many millions as also more important then people returning from a vacation or a second property in a foreign country.

that said, neither group should be more important than those who lack the means to leave a place at all. imo, they have the preeminent right to protect the health integrity of their own communities.
Old 11 Aug 2020, 15:11 (Ref:3994790)   #10
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
F1 is not essential so, for the love of god, please stay away.
Old 11 Aug 2020, 17:53 (Ref:3994810)   #11
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post

Since when has HMGs response to Covid made any sense? I guess the special treatment is because those involved are all either very wealthy or related to Dominic Cummings (Rasputin to BoJo).
Old 11 Aug 2020, 18:08 (Ref:3994814)   #12
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
presumably quarantines only apply if one wishes to stay in the country after the quarantine period ends.

so upon returning, you quarantine with your family for however many days (up to 14 days) you are in country but if you decide to leave before those 14 days then you are free to break your quarantine provided you are directly leaving the country?

this may be unpopular or controversial to say, but there are already exemptions for people on gov't business, involved in the transportation industries, as well as people with legitimate business needs so i would place an individual involved in an international sport providing entertainment to many millions as also more important then people returning from a vacation or a second property in a foreign country.

that said, neither group should be more important than those who lack the means to leave a place at all. imo, they have the preeminent right to protect the health integrity of their own communities.
Nothing is too controversial with this, as the pandemic has some big questions at its heart.

I understand, though, that transport workers are in a situation where it is normal they can move more freely. I also accept Aysedasi's point about F1 personnel being subject to tests, so they are better protected. My criticism is more with the lack of support and testing for the rest of us who have lives to live and things to do that don't involve staying stuck in.
Old 11 Aug 2020, 23:27 (Ref:3994862)   #13
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrumpet View Post
Since when has HMGs response to Covid made any sense? I guess the special treatment is because those involved are all either very wealthy or related to Dominic Cummings (Rasputin to BoJo).

The whole Western World's response is Monty Pythonesqu, so inconsistent that it is just plain laughable (in a horrible black farce sort of way).
Old 12 Aug 2020, 07:38 (Ref:3994894)   #14
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
[QUOTE=wnut;3994862]The whole Western World's response is Monty Pythonesqu, so inconsistent that it is just plain laughable (in a horrible black farce sort of way).[/QUOTE

Yeah, who needs satire when you have certain world leaders who do it for real? Funny how life can imitate art eventually. Things like Monty Python have really prepared us for some good laughs it seems
Old 12 Aug 2020, 11:19 (Ref:3994937)   #15
Dipster
Rookie

Dipster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm guessing it has something to do with the level of care, protection and bubbling that they are subject to while 'performing', which cannot be said of 'Joe Public'....
I am perhaps more cynical and think it is really a question of money! F1, and other sports, have become such big business that they have a bit of clout. And I suspect they have used it.
Old 12 Aug 2020, 15:33 (Ref:3994999)   #16
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Journalists at Spa are also considered Elite Sportspersons ;-)
Old 13 Aug 2020, 20:28 (Ref:3995285)   #17
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With no spectators F1 is worth the square root of nothing if TV and other media aren't allowed to turn up.
Old 13 Aug 2020, 20:32 (Ref:3995287)   #18
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrumpet View Post
With no spectators F1 is worth the square root of nothing if TV and other media aren't allowed to turn up.
TV has been there but no other media generally in any paddocks so far.
Old 13 Aug 2020, 21:51 (Ref:3995295)   #19
greentrumpet
Racer

Dunno, I wasn't there!
Old 17 Aug 2020, 09:10 (Ref:3995912)   #20
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
You mean wearing a mask and touching your face every few seconds? (Remember, at the beginning of this we were told not to touch our faces. That has all gone away now.)
Old 20 Aug 2020, 05:24 (Ref:3996582)   #21
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
You mean wearing a mask and touching your face every few seconds? (Remember, at the beginning of this we were told not to touch our faces. That has all gone away now.)
No, you are still not supposed to do that. It just has not been mentioned as often, similar to washing hands and sneezing in your elbow not having been mentioned as often anymore.
Old 20 Aug 2020, 07:48 (Ref:3996599)   #22
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Maybe it's gone away where you live, but it's certainly mentioned a lot north of the border.

Also, try not to touch your face out in public.
Old 20 Aug 2020, 12:43 (Ref:3996649)   #23
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Perhaps the government needs to start saying this again and not credit the public with too much sense. Those things are pretty obvious.

Here is a public information film from KT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYsZYlrzQxU
Old 20 Aug 2020, 14:31 (Ref:3996674)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
KT? King Trump?
Old 20 Aug 2020, 14:52 (Ref:3996680)   #25
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I hardly think Trump wants to have something that makes him sound like a girl