Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who do you think the driver of the Spanish Grand Prix is?
Lewis Hamilton 10 33.33%
Valtteri Bottas 0 0%
Max Verstappen 4 13.33%
Alexander Albon 0 0%
Sergio Pérez 1 3.33%
Lance Stroll 1 3.33%
Lando Norris 0 0%
Carlos Sainz 3 10.00%
Charles Leclerc 0 0%
Sebastian Vettel 9 30.00%
Daniel Ricciardo 0 0%
Esteban Ocon 0 0%
Pierre Gasly 0 0%
Daniel Kvyat 0 0%
Kevin Magnussen 1 3.33%
Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Kimi Räikkönen 1 3.33%
Antonio Giovinazzi 0 0%
George Russell 0 0%
Nicholas Latifi 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16 Aug 2020, 12:12 (Ref:3995717)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: Spanish Grand Prix 2020

Who do you think the driver of the Spanish Grand Prix
Old 16 Aug 2020, 14:54 (Ref:3995745)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lewis. Masterful.

Kudos to Vettel for making the softs last!
Old 16 Aug 2020, 14:55 (Ref:3995747)   #3
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sainz.
Old 16 Aug 2020, 15:08 (Ref:3995755)   #4
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ham just controled it.
Old 16 Aug 2020, 16:08 (Ref:3995782)   #5
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Hamilton. F1 while the rest of the drivers were competing in F1.5
Old 16 Aug 2020, 16:12 (Ref:3995785)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Vettel, an amazing result considering that the team were purposely hobbling him.
Old 16 Aug 2020, 18:08 (Ref:3995810)   #7
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
No one was that outstanding but think Vettel got that dog of a car into the points so voted for him
Old 16 Aug 2020, 18:38 (Ref:3995814)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He had a good race. Made it work for him.
Old 16 Aug 2020, 19:55 (Ref:3995829)   #9
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I voted for Lewis. Never put a foot wrong all race.

Aside from that of course verstappen is single handedly keeping the championship alive. We did not see it in TV, but Russell must have had a good race. Gasly is having a good season, and did well again today
Old 16 Aug 2020, 22:09 (Ref:3995852)   #10
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Sainz for a superb untroubled charge at his home race.
Albon for valiantly battling on after that dodgy first pit call for the wrong tyres!
Max for never giving up.
Old 17 Aug 2020, 04:15 (Ref:3995873)   #11
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lewis with kudos to Max and Seb.
Old 17 Aug 2020, 04:17 (Ref:3995874)   #12
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Vettel, an amazing result considering that the team were purposely hobbling him.
Don't know if they were doing it purposely, it seemed they forgot that they had two cars running.
Old 17 Aug 2020, 07:18 (Ref:3995890)   #13
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I went with Sainz.

Kudos to Lewis who did what we expect with what he has, but also to Albon who seems to be a sacrificial lamb when it comes for being a test mule in strategy to see what will be best for Max. (ie pitting Alex earlier than needed for hard tyres which practice had shown to be the least preferred long stint option.) Just to give them guidance for Max.
Old 17 Aug 2020, 08:12 (Ref:3995895)   #14
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Checo, for a decent performance after being out for a couple of races
Old 17 Aug 2020, 08:58 (Ref:3995909)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hamilton. Made it look a complete breeze and showed why Bottas is a very definite no.2...

Probably should have picked Magnussen. I don't think I saw him baulk or punt anyone off track in this one.
Old 17 Aug 2020, 09:26 (Ref:3995918)   #16
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
I voted for Lewis. Never put a foot wrong all race.

Aside from that of course verstappen is single handedly keeping the championship alive. We did not see it in TV, but Russell must have had a good race. Gasly is having a good season, and did well again today
Old 17 Aug 2020, 11:49 (Ref:3995943)   #17
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Hamilton. Made it look a complete breeze and showed why Bottas is a very definite no.2...
He just looked to be on another planet yesterday. Metronomic and perfect, lap after lap after lap.

Quote:
Probably should have picked Magnussen. I don't think I saw him baulk or punt anyone off track in this one.
Well... there was the point earlier in the weekend with Ocon...
Old 17 Aug 2020, 13:08 (Ref:3995972)   #18
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Vettee - dragged his car to the end in a more respectable position. Kudos to Sainz, Gasly and shockingly Stroll for good performances.
Old 17 Aug 2020, 14:11 (Ref:3995990)   #19
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I really can't understand the votes for Vettel. For most of the race he was way behind his teammate, having qualified behind him. Finally he dragged it into seventh by virtue of plodding around on old tyres and saving a tyre stop.
Old 17 Aug 2020, 14:19 (Ref:3995995)   #20
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
I really can't understand the votes for Vettel.

He got my vote for being the most entertaining on the radio.
Old 17 Aug 2020, 20:29 (Ref:3996066)   #21
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Vettel, Sainz or Perez?

Let's give it to SV this time ...
Old 17 Aug 2020, 23:00 (Ref:3996086)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I really can't understand the votes for Vettel. For most of the race he was way behind his teammate, having qualified behind him. Finally he dragged it into seventh by virtue of plodding around on old tyres and saving a tyre stop.
Relief as much as anything I guess? People just happy to see him reach the finish in a moderately decent placing, even with the team having a meltdown?

I do find myself willing Seb on to some degree these days, if not to victories. I don't like to see him humiliated so often and so I do a little internal cheer if he manages to reach the end with no calamitous errors. But it is a bit like cheering someone for not slamming their fingers in the car door really.
Old 17 Aug 2020, 23:06 (Ref:3996087)   #23
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I really can’t understand why so many people don’t understand other’s views.
Old 18 Aug 2020, 01:12 (Ref:3996107)   #24
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I really can’t understand why so many people don’t understand other’s views.
People be people
Old 18 Aug 2020, 10:00 (Ref:3996166)   #25
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I voted for Vettel because he dragged the car forwards from a lowly qualifying position and made the one stop strategy work. There weren't any real standout drives so Vettel's was the best of the bunch.