Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 27 Mar 2013, 19:44 (Ref:3225697)   #1
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
ERX - Round 1 Lydden Hill March 31 - April 1

After the most discussed off season in the history of rallycross it's time to go racing. I think this event deserves it's own topic.

SUPERCAR
Number | Name | Nationality | Team | Car
1 Timur TIMERZYANOV RUS, Namus Hansen Motosport, Citroen DS3
4 Ronny SCHEVENEELS BEL, Oud-Turnhout Rally Team, Peugeot 207 WRC
5 Stig-Olov WALFRIDSON SWE, Helmia Motorsport, Renault Clio III
6 Davy JEANNEY FRA, Davy Jeanney, Citroen C4
7 Knut Ove BORSETH* NOR, Knut Ove Borseth, Skoda Fabia Mk2
8 Peter HEDSTRÖM SWE, Peter Hedström, Skoda Fabia Mk2
10 Jussi-Petteri LEPPIHALME FIN, Pekka Leppihalme, Ford Focus Mk2
11 Petter SOLBERG NOR, PS 110% AB, Citroen DS3
12 Julian GODFREY GBR, Julian Godfrey, Ford Fiesta
21 Timmy HANSEN SWE, Citroen Hansen Motorsport, Citroen DS3
22 Mats LYSEN NOR, Mats Lysen, Renault Clio
25 Alexander HVAAL NOR, Citroen Hansen Motorsport, Citroen DS3
26 Andy SCOTT GBR, Albatec Sport, Peugeot 208
33 Liam DORAN* GBR, LD Motorsports, Citroen DS3
34 Tanner FOUST USA, Olsbergs MSE AB, Ford Fiesta
46 Pat DORAN* GBR, Pat Doran, Citroen DS3
54 Jos JANSEN BEL, Jos Jansen, Ford Focus Mk3
66 Andreas BAKKERUD NOR, Bakkerud Motorsport, Citroen DS3
88 Henning SOLBERG NOR, Henning Solberg Motorsport, Saab 93
92 Anton MARKLUND SWE, Anton Marklund, VW Polo T16

TOURINGCAR
2 David NORDGAARD NOR, David Nordgaard, Ford Focus RS
3 Anders BRATEN NOR, Anders Braten, Ford Fiesta
4 Robin LARSSON SWE, Robin Larsson, Skoda Fabia
5 Koen PAUWELS BEL, Koen Pauwels, Ford Fiesta
6 Daniel LUNDH SWE, Daniel Lundh, Volvo C30
7 Roman CASTORAL CZE, Roman Castoral, Opel Astra
11 Derek TOHILL IRL, Derek Tohill, Ford Fiesta
73 Torleif LONA NOR, Torleif Lona, Ford Fiesta

SUPER1600
2 Ulrik LINNEMANN* DNK, Linnemann Motorsport, Peugeot 207
3 Ernestas STAPONKUS LVA, ASK Vilkyciai, VW Polo
4 Ildar RAKHMATULLIN RUS, Set Promotion, Renault Twingo
5 Ondrej SMETANA* CZE, L.S Racing SRO, Ford Fiesta
6 Vadim MAKAROV RUS, Vadim Makarov, Skoda Fabia RS
15 Reinis NITISS LIT, Set Promotion, Renault Clio
16 Sergej ZAGUMENNOV RUS, Sergej Zagumennov, Skoda Fabia RS
21 Eric FAREN SWE, Citröen Hansen Motorsport, Citröen C2
30 Ralph WILHELM DEU, ACN-Buxtehude, Renault Clio
37 René MÜNNICH DEU, René Münnich, Skoda Fabia
38 Mandie AUGUST DEU, Mandie August, Skoda Fabia
39 Kevin ERIKSSON SWE, Set Promotion, Renault Clio
42 Christian PETRAKOVITS AUT, RCC Süd, VW Polo
89 Timur SHIGABOUTDINOV RUS, Set Promotion, Renault Twingo
* Subject to confirmation and finalisation of the application dossier

My prediction:
1. Timerzyanov
2. Foust
3. Hvaal
Old 27 Mar 2013, 20:31 (Ref:3225717)   #2
paul1982
Racer

paul1982 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope my friens Hvaal and bakkerud will end on top but i think it will be like this:
1. Timerzyanov
2. Doran
3. Foust
4. Jeanney
5. Bakkerud
6. Walfridsson
Old 27 Mar 2013, 21:15 (Ref:3225732)   #3
sashchris
Rookie

England
newton aycliffe
sashchris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will have a go with
1. Foust
2. Timerzyanov
3. Solberg P
4. Doran L
5. Bakkerud
6. Solberg H
Old 27 Mar 2013, 23:30 (Ref:3225783)   #4
pettersolberg29
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK, Kent
pettersolberg29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Literally can't wait for the start - going to my first RX event this weekend and the fact it combines with possibly the most anticipated season ever makes it even better.

I want to be biased and say Petter for the win but can't see it myself! Going to go for:
1: Timerzyanov
2: Foust
3: Bakkerud
4: Doran
5: Jeanney
6: Petter
Old 28 Mar 2013, 08:51 (Ref:3225902)   #5
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pettersolberg29 View Post
Literally can't wait for the start - going to my first RX event this weekend
Enjoy - it'll be like nothing you've seen before. If you do nothing else this weekend make sure you stand by the start grid for at least one of the supercar heats or finals - there is nothing else quite like it in motorsport and at Lydden you can get really close And another thing - wrap up warm! Lydden can be cold at the best of times but this weekend it's going to be a bit arctic!

Anyway, my predictions:

1) Timerzyanov (assuming he's allowed into the country this time )
2) Foust
3) Doran

There should be some cracking racing - but I suspect the cars won't be looking quite so pristine by the end of the weekend!
Old 28 Mar 2013, 08:56 (Ref:3225903)   #6
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
make sure you stand by the start grid for at least one of the supercar heats or finals - there is nothing else quite like it in motorsport
+1 No matter how much footage you see, there is nothing like seeing/hearing it for yourself!

Despite the uncertainty of IMG's involvement I still can't wait for the racing this weekend. Would like to see Petter in the final, but I'll think he'll have his work cut out for him!

My prediction for the final (in no particular order):

1. Timerzyanov
2. Foust
3. Jeanney
4. Bakkerud
5. Doran
6. Hvaal
Old 28 Mar 2013, 10:33 (Ref:3225933)   #7
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Despite the lower-than-ideal entry numbers, I too am very excited for the weekend. The quality is certainly there, so let's hope the racing makes up for the small entry list.

Predictions (toughest call for a final that I can recall):
1. Foust
2. Timerzyanov
3. Bakkerud
4. Doran L
5. Solberg P
6. Marklund
Old 28 Mar 2013, 12:43 (Ref:3225977)   #8
pettersolberg29
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Enjoy - it'll be like nothing you've seen before. If you do nothing else this weekend make sure you stand by the start grid for at least one of the supercar heats or finals - there is nothing else quite like it in motorsport and at Lydden you can get really close And another thing - wrap up warm! Lydden can be cold at the best of times but this weekend it's going to be a bit arctic!
Cheers for the tip, I'll make sure I do! Never even been to Lydden before as I'm a converted WRC fan so am excited to get to grips with it all. Everything I've seen so far is very positive, and despite seeing some worries on here about the new direction of RX I can safely say from talking to mates and stuff that new fans are being attracted to the sport so it's not all negative! Hopefully this weekend will live up to the expectations and be an excellent start to the new era
Old 28 Mar 2013, 13:12 (Ref:3225989)   #9
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Cheers for the tip, I'll make sure I do! Never even been to Lydden before as I'm a converted WRC fan so am excited to get to grips with it all. Everything I've seen so far is very positive, and despite seeing some worries on here about the new direction of RX I can safely say from talking to mates and stuff that new fans are being attracted to the sport so it's not all negative! Hopefully this weekend will live up to the expectations and be an excellent start to the new era
I hope mate you enjoy the weekend/ day whatever
Some things to watch out for, as they say start line 5 abreast is a must power smell. Contact into first corner and who dives for the joker awesome. Tyre warm ups on the way to the grid awesome. Yes Lydden is bloody cold wrap very warm.
You will see some not so good races and some brilliant, but you will still enjoy
There will be one guaranteed that you will be shouting at to urge whoever on and you will get goosebumps after that me thinks along with everyone else you will be hooked. If it rains it is one of the best weekends ever in Rallycross power slides and a great equaliser.

Timor to win
Foust and Jeanney,Bakkerud top monster athlete, I kinda think Solbergs will have a hard weekend at least I hope,so hate them to come in and rule the show they need to work at.

Last edited by schanche; 28 Mar 2013 at 13:17.
Old 28 Mar 2013, 14:35 (Ref:3226010)   #10
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Weather looks dry, which is a bonus, but looks to be cold! http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2651048?day=3

Watching by the start line/chicane is definitely a must. Watching the supercars go through the chicane flat out and get air off the kerb is the highlight for me.

I'd imagine that if you've come from watching rallying, the first thing you'll enjoy is being able to see the whole track from everywhere around the track.

And, I was actually talking to a client today about rallycross and the fact that WRC stars have/are giving it a go - so hopefully its popularity is on the rise again.
Old 28 Mar 2013, 14:49 (Ref:3226012)   #11
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Literally can't wait for the start - going to my first RX event this weekend (...)
You'll love it. As Bert said, there's nothing else quite like it in motorsport! Some of the Supercars accelerate to 100 km/h faster than Formula 1 cars, and it's non-stop action from start to finish. Another advantage of Lydden is the view - the cars won't disappear from your view very often.

On another point, has anyone got a link to the Final Instructions and/or timetable for this weekend?
Old 28 Mar 2013, 17:27 (Ref:3226069)   #12
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Timetable

Sunday
31 March 2013

Practice starts:
12:30
Heat 1 starts:
14:30 (approx.)
Heat 2 starts:
Immediately after completion of Heat 1

Monday
1 April 2013

Morning warm up:
09:00

Heat 3 starts:
10:15

Heat 4 and finals:
Will follow on with a lunch break

http://www.lyddenhill.co.uk/uploads/...s%20Finals.pdf
Old 28 Mar 2013, 21:38 (Ref:3226177)   #13
mivec
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
mivec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
As you are a WRC fan, you will see cars overtaking each other and actually see who wins!
Things you don't see in WRC rally's.
Old 28 Mar 2013, 23:49 (Ref:3226212)   #14
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Cheers for the tip, I'll make sure I do! Never even been to Lydden before as I'm a converted WRC fan so am excited to get to grips with it all.
Sure you'll soon be a convert like the rest of us! I still really enjoy watching rally; but rallycross gives you many of the same positives with a lot of the negatives of watching rally removed!
Old 28 Mar 2013, 23:59 (Ref:3226214)   #15
pettersolberg29
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Sure you'll soon be a convert like the rest of us! I still really enjoy watching rally; but rallycross gives you many of the same positives with a lot of the negatives of watching rally removed!
To be honest just watching highlights of the last couple of years has made me a semi-convert already! And being such a huge fan of Solberg then there's no question that I'll blindly follow wherever he goes the fact there's a round of RX so near to me too is such a positive, when normally it's about 300 odd miles to get to the best rally events in the UK from my base in Kent!
Old 29 Mar 2013, 10:08 (Ref:3226308)   #16
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fella wrap up warm, If you are gonna buy food, buy it at the little hut near the paddock on the outside of Paddock.

Go for a walk in the pits a few times to keep warm. Go and walk round the track, there will be plenty of practice, find a protected spot and don't let the annoying amateur photographers get in your way, you have as much right to be outside the fence as they do, so don't let their bolshy attitude put you off!

And if it is wet try and somewhere half level to park your car!
Old 29 Mar 2013, 11:44 (Ref:3226323)   #17
pettersolberg29
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK, Kent
I see a continuing theme of it being ridiculously cold haha I was at Wales Rally GB 3 years ago when temperatures hit -12 and was out in the forest for about 8 hours so I'm hoping it won't be quite that bad again! Ice in the tache isn't ideal...
Old 29 Mar 2013, 12:26 (Ref:3226341)   #18
dex92
Racer

dex92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you do happen to get stuck put your hazards on and someone will rescue you.
As everyone has said its going to freeeeeeeeeezing at lydden, even in the summer its cold.
Dont get the comment about photographers, even people without cameras can get funny with you just for you standing in there spot and anyway at Lydden there's enough room for everyone and still see the track and take photos.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 12:29 (Ref:3226342)   #19
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like shorts weather to me
Old 29 Mar 2013, 14:09 (Ref:3226368)   #20
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
dex was referring to a few years back when a few people who couldn't get a press pass were hogging the finish area, they were shouting at the press men and stuff to get out of the way, was a bit off that's all
Old 29 Mar 2013, 14:17 (Ref:3226371)   #21
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The one thing about Lydden is that if its very cold on 1 spot move around and you will soon find shelter from the wind. Two week ago it was cold at the Elbow, freezing at North Bend but not too bad at the bottom of the hill and the chicane. I would also advise shoes or boots with plenty of grip as last year and 2 weeks ago it became very muddy in place.

I second what Chunder said about the food, ignore all the commercial catering units at the top of the paddock,go to the unit at the bottom of the paddock which has been there for years in various guises, it may have a long queue and the others maybe empty but theres a good reason for that!It will cost you less as well.

Im still a little concerned at the amount of racing there will be on the Monday (approx 25 races over 6-7 hours!)if it is 2 heats and finals, the casual fan who makes regular Easter Monday trips to Lydden maybe a little disappointed. Sunday will see probably more racing than previous years (18 races as things stand)Still dont know if a reduced weekend ticket is available on the gate or whether its £45 for both days, no one seems to be able to give an answer. Though the kid that commentated 2 weeks ago had a brave attempt at it (thats when it could be heard) I hope someone with more experience is behind the mic this weekend.

Predictions, assuming everyone gets through without mechanical issues or damage (unlikely)
1st TT
2nd Foust
3rd Bakkerud

Liam to try to hard and end up in a lump and Henning to out perform Petter!

Super 1600
1st Rakhmatullin
2nd Shigaboutdinov
3rd Linnemann

Touring Cars
1st Larsson
2nd Tohill
3rd Pauwels
Old 29 Mar 2013, 14:35 (Ref:3226377)   #22
dex92
Racer

dex92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
dex was referring to a few years back when a few people who couldn't get a press pass were hogging the finish area, they were shouting at the press men and stuff to get out of the way, was a bit off that's all
Oh, agree with you on that, that isn't on at all.

In regards to weekend pass on lydde n facebook page they have said weekend passes are available on gate for 35 pounds
Grandstand is a fiver if that interest anyone as well.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 14:52 (Ref:3226383)   #23
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dex92 View Post
Oh, agree with you on that, that isn't on at all.

In regards to weekend pass on lydde n facebook page they have said weekend passes are available on gate for 35 pounds
Grandstand is a fiver if that interest anyone as well.
Thanks, weekend ticket it is then.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 18:15 (Ref:3226509)   #24
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Will there be live timing or ticker? Can't find a link on rallycrossrx.com
Old 30 Mar 2013, 09:02 (Ref:3226753)   #25
Schanche1965
Rookie

Schanche1965 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know when and where this event is going to be televised?