Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Jul 2019, 05:46 (Ref:3915800)   #796
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
What do you mean here?
Ignore that statement, I asnwered a comment whch was totally irrelevent to the original posts.
Old 5 Jul 2019, 07:25 (Ref:3915975)   #797
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
An owner whose identity is undisclosed.
Owns a Porsche that runs out of the same workshop.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 13 Jul 2019, 01:08 (Ref:3917249)   #798
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
GRM ordered another 3 Alfas:
https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/07/13...QheYxtWuDRwsf0
Old 13 Jul 2019, 02:20 (Ref:3917256)   #799
twinwebbers
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
twinwebbers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting to know what is going on at GRM... Garry (and Barry) are smart operators always ready to make a buck. Super 5000 builds, more TCR cars and investigating building Renaults, they seem to be branching off into areas other than their Supercar team.

Meanwhile the major sponsor of the Supercar team is moaning and whinging in public (noting that he has form) about the lack of speed in the team.

Perhaps they are looking at spreading risk or perhaps selling the V8 team to Mr Adderton shortly and carrying on having fun (and making money) elsewhere.

Interesting times at GRM....
Old 13 Jul 2019, 04:02 (Ref:3917258)   #800
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Word around the traps is Boost might be more than just a sponsor of the Supercar team, which makes me think the TCR deal is where GRM will ultimately land.
Old 13 Jul 2019, 05:42 (Ref:3917271)   #801
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Word around the traps is Boost might be more than just a sponsor of the Supercar team, which makes me think the TCR deal is where GRM will ultimately land.
GRM have enough other stuff going on that losing the Supercar team wouldn't have them scrambling to find work for other people to do as some teams would.
Old 13 Jul 2019, 05:55 (Ref:3917274)   #802
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
GRM have enough other stuff going on that losing the Supercar team wouldn't have them scrambling to find work for other people to do as some teams would.
What is the impact of all these other racing series and engineering projects on the competitiveness of the Supercar operation?
Old 13 Jul 2019, 06:28 (Ref:3917285)   #803
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
What is the impact of all these other racing series and engineering projects on the competitiveness of the Supercar operation?
Since Volvo's exit its been mid-pack at best. With experienced drivers I think it could be further up than it is now.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 08:49 (Ref:3917461)   #804
Mixer
Veteran

Btw for those that thought I was stupid for questioning Lynk and Co's relationship with Cyan Racing in WTCR:
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2019...uring-car-cup/

Cyan Racing has 4 cars, none are planned to be built or offered to anybody else for WTCR or any other series.

Quote:
“I think everyone can see Lynk & Co is a full manufacturer programme. I don’t need to comment, as the facts are there.
Hyundai threatening to pull out of WTCR over it...
Old 14 Jul 2019, 10:44 (Ref:3917476)   #805
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
GRM look to be getting into development of the underdone Renault TCR car:
https://autoaction.com.au/2019/06/24...tyYkbra-i64W2k
Vukovic and GRM may wish to get this in motion, with 3 of the 5 Meganes in active competition sustaining some degree of crash damage this weekend.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 12:22 (Ref:3917492)   #806
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Btw for those that thought I was stupid for questioning Lynk and Co's relationship with Cyan Racing in WTCR:

Cyan Racing has 4 cars, none are planned to be built or offered to anybody else for WTCR or any other series.

Ah Lynk and Co the Cadillac of TCR
Old 14 Jul 2019, 14:56 (Ref:3917529)   #807
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Hyundai's problem from that article seems to be more than just with Cyan or Lynk & Co, but with WTCR and its effect of global BoP in general

Ironic part being that Cyan Racing last year effectively ran the WTCR winning YMR Hyundai's.......maybe some sour grapes on Hyundai's part that Cyan went back to Geely this year?
Old 14 Jul 2019, 20:51 (Ref:3917668)   #808
Petoli
Rookie

United Kingdom
Petoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Execept under TCR Regulations they have to build and supply cars to customers

From the TCR Regulations

"For certification the minimum race car production will be 10 units in 12 consecutive months starting with the date of the
application. After the certification the cars have to be offered on the market with maximum 3 months delivery time"

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2019...olvement-wtcr/

Bit more detail about Lynk and Co
Old 14 Jul 2019, 21:18 (Ref:3917676)   #809
Mixer
Veteran

Reading from that article it seems clear they have no intention of complying with the 3 month rule.

This does seem like it is in contravention of the rules, but I guess plenty of other manufacturers never delivered cars either.

Either way I can't see the organisers taking any action, they need the Chinese with their money, stars and 4 cars.
Old 23 Jul 2019, 02:41 (Ref:3918941)   #810
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very interesting that ARG, the mob that run the TCR series have just taken over management rights of the TCM series. I wonder how this effects the relationship between TCR/TCM and Supercars going forward?
CLICK HERE