Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 25 Jun 2019, 13:09 (Ref:3914123)   #91
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Maybe time to assert the 130% lap time rule?
Oops, isn't it a new version of Pandora box? I didn't have a look to lap times in some series but guess it would keep many out of racing.
Old 25 Jun 2019, 13:59 (Ref:3914130)   #92
ClaireSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
ClaireSmith has a real shot at the podium!ClaireSmith has a real shot at the podium!ClaireSmith has a real shot at the podium!ClaireSmith has a real shot at the podium!ClaireSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Oops, isn't it a new version of Pandora box? I didn't have a look to lap times in some series but guess it would keep many out of racing.

will, worms, can, of, open, that

if you re arrange.... lol and agreed 100 %
Old 25 Jun 2019, 15:19 (Ref:3914137)   #93
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!
As a casual spectator in all of this I'll just throw m y ten-pennyworth in here if you don't mind. If there are any particularly slow cars tat could be causing un-necessary hold-ups, I agree with the suggestion that they are black flagged into the pits & out of the way. This is not as a punishment, it's just removing the additional hazard from the snake behind the safety car. These cars can then be held out of the way until the race is re-started, and then let back out to play on the track once the train has passed by the pits. Even if they're held in the pits for a few laps, it shouldn't affect their results if they're that slow!
Old 25 Jun 2019, 16:00 (Ref:3914148)   #94
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
if you re arrange.... lol and agreed 100 %
Bonjour, Madame Claire Smith. Thanks for your explanations, clear and well documented points of view and your smile. Réjouissant.
Old 25 Jun 2019, 16:14 (Ref:3914151)   #95
ClaireSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
ClaireSmith has a real shot at the podium!ClaireSmith has a real shot at the podium!ClaireSmith has a real shot at the podium!ClaireSmith has a real shot at the podium!ClaireSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Bonjour, Madame Claire Smith. Thanks for your explanations, clear and well documented points of view and your smile. Réjouissant.

Bonjour, J'espère que vous allez bien as we say in Essex
Old 25 Jun 2019, 16:26 (Ref:3914153)   #96
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Malgré l'âge qui avance, inexorablement, je vais aussi bien que possible, merci. Thanks to you I had to Google the Essex history and learned about your "comté cérémonial". Not surprised to read a perfect french language from You.
Old 25 Jun 2019, 16:45 (Ref:3914158)   #97
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!
Don't they do the FIA regs in Portuguese?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 21 Jul 2019, 08:32 (Ref:3918708)   #98
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
An update on the original point (not being able to overtake until passing the start line)..... at the recent Hungaroring event, a meeting was held to discuss the issue. An invited panel of drivers (of different nationalities) sat down with the series race director and organising supremo, and were all in agreement that the ISC regulation is far from satisfactory when applied to historic racing.

Obviously nothing can happen unless the ISC/FIA wish it to, but representation will be made, which is a result in itself!