Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Jan 2019, 14:53 (Ref:3874157)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
(NZ) Classic Speedfest

Last of the race meetings with invited 3 Formula Juniors.
Old 11 Feb 2019, 06:36 (Ref:3883121)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Teratonga circuit website with track layout etc- http://www.teretonga.org.nz

General Highlands Park info here- https://highlands.co.nz
Old 11 Feb 2019, 07:12 (Ref:3883122)   #3
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks for posting up Mike . I’m told by the locals this is best track out of the three . Will go steady in practice and Qualy then I’m going to drive flat out . Just like Michael Delaney . 🙄
Old 11 Feb 2019, 07:34 (Ref:3883123)   #4
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Thanks for posting up Mike . I’m told by the locals this is best track out of the three . Will go steady in practice and Qualy then I’m going to drive flat out . Just like Michael Delaney . 🙄
As your mate Murray would say- It's GO GO GO...…!
Old 11 Feb 2019, 08:11 (Ref:3883128)   #5
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just had lovely walk around lake in Omematata. Goodness knows where these names come from . Bit like quasssooonnnssss
Old 11 Feb 2019, 08:49 (Ref:3883141)   #6
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Hakunamatata? Same movie as Delaney may be? Bit like pizzzzzzzzaaaaaah I guess!
Old 11 Feb 2019, 10:42 (Ref:3883180)   #7
RogerH
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
RogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Just had lovely walk around lake in Omematata. Goodness knows where these names come from . Bit like quasssooonnnssss
Presume you are at Lake Aviemore? If so, town is Otematata – Māori for “place of good flint”.
Old 11 Feb 2019, 12:48 (Ref:3883224)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Looks to be great area on gogglemaps! I’m jealous......
Old 11 Feb 2019, 19:26 (Ref:3883320)   #9
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerH View Post
Presume you are at Lake Aviemore? If so, town is Otematata – Māori for “place of good flint”.
Yes. Just had another early morning walk around the lake .
Old 11 Feb 2019, 22:29 (Ref:3883403)   #10
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quietest night ever, 15km up a dirt road on the east shore of lake Tekapo. Not a single car went through all night, a cattle grid gives an early warning of approach. Mount John observatory in the far distance but we've got the best view of the night sky with no light pollution just a sliver of new moon. Might have to stay another night as I bought a book of 100 classic car crosswords...sad or what?! !! Lake Tekapo is snow melt but doen't feel too cold so I can feel a swim coming on now the air's warmed up a bit😀
Old 12 Feb 2019, 06:06 (Ref:3883445)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I looked on google maps to see how long it will take from there to Invercargill. It said 3.5 days! Then realised it was set on walking rather than driving, so panic over......(265 miles )

Enjoy the solitude. Some compensation for last weekend problems.....
Old 12 Feb 2019, 08:31 (Ref:3883467)   #12
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are some benefits to racing this far from home! BTW it was effing 'refreshing'🤣
Old 12 Feb 2019, 16:00 (Ref:3883562)   #13
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Glad for you Colin. You've been lucky to find the umbrellas crossing the track, they landed in your avatar! Keep smiling and make us dream.
Old 14 Feb 2019, 00:40 (Ref:3883980)   #14
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Just been into the hard wear shop and seen the Burt Monroe Indian . I have sent Mike some pictures to post . BTW it’s pooring down. ��
Old 14 Feb 2019, 07:05 (Ref:3884012)   #15
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
First two
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3664.JPG   IMG_3665.JPG  
Old 14 Feb 2019, 07:08 (Ref:3884013)   #16
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Note the smiling visage.....
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3666.JPG  
Old 14 Feb 2019, 08:14 (Ref:3884028)   #17
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I watched The World's Fastest Indian on TV the other day. Really enjoyed it.
I think the record Munro set still stands.
Old 14 Feb 2019, 08:27 (Ref:3884034)   #18
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I watched The World's Fastest Indian on TV the other day. Really enjoyed it.
I think the record Munro set still stands.

One of the best (real life) stories and films ever. And Anthony Hopkins is excellent as Burt.
Old 14 Feb 2019, 08:51 (Ref:3884042)   #19
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Interesting the locals say he was not the nicest of blokes . We have just walked the track and we were saying this is the South most FIA circuit in the world. Your homework my good tenther friends is .”what track is the highest “???
Old 14 Feb 2019, 08:57 (Ref:3884046)   #20
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Interesting the locals say he was not the nicest of blokes . We have just walked the track and we were saying this is the South most FIA circuit in the world. Your homework my good tenther friends is .”what track is the highest “???
Often the way. Not unusual for artistic licence to take over when writing a film script!

Highest altitude circuit used by F1 is Mexico, but no idea if there is a more obscure track somewhere higher?

Looking on a map, you certainly are a long way South.....

Anyway, why has a hardware store got all those motor bikes in it?
Old 14 Feb 2019, 09:16 (Ref:3884053)   #21
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
It’s a fantastic shop we had same sort of shop in Reading “Drew’s”. It closed down couple of weeks ago . I am ashamed to say the internet is so easy to buy stuff from . Very sad .
Old 14 Feb 2019, 09:17 (Ref:3884055)   #22
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I was thinking the furthest point north Mike . I guess it would be Canada .
Old 14 Feb 2019, 09:28 (Ref:3884062)   #23
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

Highest altitude circuit used by F1 is Mexico, but no idea if there is a more obscure track somewhere higher?
Indeed Mike, Mexico (Hermanos Rodriguez) claims to be the highest FIA sanctioned circuit. Kyalami is second highest.

https://www.fiawec.com/en/news/the-k...rodriguez/4316
Old 14 Feb 2019, 09:30 (Ref:3884065)   #24
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
I was thinking the furthest point north Mike . I guess it would be Canada .
Norway- ‘Arctic Circle Raceway’- only 30km south of the Arctic Circle! Oh, and Argentina reckon their Carlos Romero circuit is further south than Teratonga......

Hardware Stores- we’ve still got an old fashioned family run one in town, and there’s one in Norwich as well. But there would be no room in either for one motorbike, let alone a collection!
Old 14 Feb 2019, 10:23 (Ref:3884079)   #25
I16
Racer

I16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just in case you guys can't follow easy to read script the circuit you are visiting is Teretonga not what you lot keep trying to call it!
signed, Rands Hutch