Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28 Sep 2009, 13:26 (Ref:2549720)   #1
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Fanatec Porsche Wheel Turbo S........I've got one!

LONG STORY

Last November when I ordered my Fanatec PWTS I also applied to be a tester for Fanatec and was pretty much immediately accepted.
The conditions were that Thomas would send me a Beta PWTS wheel which I was to test and review with a video on Youtube, I was also asked to keep quiet about it until the wheel arrived in my hands.
The months passed really slowly, with every month and bunch of emails passing between myself and Thomas with me believing that the wheel was always just around the corner.
Can you imagine.
a, My excitement at knowing I would have my hands on one of the first wheels before anyone else.
and
b, My frustration at seeing all of the comments (especially on the Forza forum) that I could have replied to with easy answers if only I could have said "I'll be testing it soon"
Last week I had finally resigned myself to the fact that the wheel was probably going to be released and I would not get the chance to do a review or test the beta wheel, when out of the blue last Thursday came an email from Thomas of Fanatec telling me that they were ready to send the wheel and to confirm my address. I confirmed my address and got another email from Thomas telling me that the wheel was being shipped on Friday.
This morning at 07:00 while i was lazing in bed with a nice cup of coffee when there was a knock at the door! It was the postman with a big box, I opened the box and found this:

SO THE TEST BEGINS TODAY!
Obviously I'm pretty excited and will be busy today testing and maybe even making a video review but:
If you have anything in particular that you would like me to test I'll have a look or have a specific question I will do my best to answer it. Post in this thread but please keep your question original and short.
Please remember that I may not be able to answer all questions and queries
I do not work for Fanatec, I have no idea when the release date for the production models is or any reasons for delays, please do not address any complaints or assumptions about Fanatec to me.
I am mearly a consumer who has been accepted as a tester who is going to try to do a bit for the community. By letting those who are awaiting their orders know what it's like and maybe helping in the descision making process for those who are undecided about whether to buy one or not.
I will post a link to the review as and when I've done it in this thread.

Perry McCarthy