Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 12 Apr 2020, 09:28 (Ref:3970247)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sir Stirling Moss

The day we knew would come but hoped would be a while yet.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...g-tribute.html

He'll be chasing crumpet up there no doubt.
Old 12 Apr 2020, 09:41 (Ref:3970250)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh no. That is just too sad. Particularly right now. As you say Peter, it was going to happen sooner rather than later, but I feel pretty devastated. An absolute legend. THE legend, really.....
Old 12 Apr 2020, 09:50 (Ref:3970252)   #3
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never a fan of the man personally but a sad time, to get through it all and live life as he did was great.
Old 12 Apr 2020, 09:51 (Ref:3970253)   #4
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
He seemed to be indestructible, but sadly his day has come. I knew he had retired from public life a couple of years ago after health problems, but he had contributed more than enough anecdotes before then.

An all time great who deserved the title he never got and will always be remembered for his great drives, especially the 1955 Mille Miglia and 1961 Monaco GP. Even after his crash at Goodwood he kept well in touch with the sport and showed he was still good in historics.

We will miss you Stirling. RIP
Old 12 Apr 2020, 09:56 (Ref:3970258)   #5
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep, my hero has gone, after many staggering drives and at a good age. RIP
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 12 Apr 2020, 10:00 (Ref:3970260)   #6
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A great driver and a great man. RIP.
Old 12 Apr 2020, 10:03 (Ref:3970262)   #7
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A legend passes ...RIP
Old 12 Apr 2020, 10:08 (Ref:3970264)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's sad.

But a life really well lived.

RIP Stirling.
Old 12 Apr 2020, 10:09 (Ref:3970268)   #9
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
The day we knew would come but hoped would be a while yet.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...g-tribute.html

He'll be chasing crumpet up there no doubt.
He tried chatting my wife up at Spa one year. She said to me "that old bloke over there tried it on with me" I said "it's Stirling Moss" she said "but he's even older than you" RIP Sir Stirling
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 12 Apr 2020, 10:12 (Ref:3970270)   #10
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
A sad day, the phrase legend is over used, but genuinely releveant for Sir Stirling Moss, one of the greatest nuts behind a wheel.
Old 12 Apr 2020, 10:30 (Ref:3970275)   #11
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was an enormous privilege to have met and photographed this wonderful man. A gentleman in every sense of the word. He and his lovely wife Susie always had time to speak to you and indeed it’s the end of an era.

Rest in Peace Sir Stirling 😢
Old 12 Apr 2020, 10:31 (Ref:3970276)   #12
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm way to young to have seen him race but he really was the driver i warmed to when i started watching and reading about stuff from that era, would have loved to have met him. Sad day indeed.
Old 12 Apr 2020, 10:32 (Ref:3970277)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A very sad day.
Old 12 Apr 2020, 11:42 (Ref:3970298)   #14
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Sad day.
Old 12 Apr 2020, 13:56 (Ref:3970329)   #15
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
R.I.P. Sir Stirling Moss. A name that will forever be remembered. Condolences to Susie an the rest of the family.
Old 12 Apr 2020, 14:27 (Ref:3970333)   #16
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My brother just texted me this news and we're saddened. This was one of my father's heroes in racing.

To have driven and survived in the time that he did...
Old 12 Apr 2020, 15:23 (Ref:3970342)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I posted this on FB as a request from RLM's Joe Bradley who interviewed Stirling as he stepped out of a car for the last racing time at Le Mans in 2011. I was across the other side of the track....
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0677.JPG   IMG_0688.JPG   IMG_0692.JPG  

IMG_0703.JPG   IMG_0704.JPG  
Old 12 Apr 2020, 16:49 (Ref:3970353)   #18
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I posted this on FB as a request from RLM's Joe Bradley who interviewed Stirling as he stepped out of a car for the last racing time at Le Mans in 2011. I was across the other side of the track....
Those are awesome! Thanks for sharing! To be able to still do that in your 80s. What a life!!
Old 14 Apr 2020, 08:03 (Ref:3970698)   #19
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
R.I.P.
One of the few true heroes of the sport and one of the best that ever lived.
From a different era that I doubt many from todays generation would understand or appreciate, sadly.
Old 9 May 2020, 19:13 (Ref:3975286)   #20
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
just watched the legends show on BBC2 on sterling with patrick stewart. really good and well worth watching a good tribute to a great man
Old 9 May 2020, 21:37 (Ref:3975307)   #21
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What a conversation that must have been:

"Hello, is that the BBC insurance company? We want a national treasure actor, who is a self proclaimed rubbish driver, take the most famous racing driver in the world in one of the most famous cars in the world over difficult roads. Oh and then we want him to drive a priceless 50s F1 car that was a bit of an understeering pig and killed a pro driver. Hello? Hello?"

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 10 May 2020, 07:54 (Ref:3975358)   #22
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I don't think there was any need to knock it. I thought it was an excellent programme. You could really see the enthusiasm Patrick Stewart had for Moss
Old 10 May 2020, 10:01 (Ref:3975373)   #23
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I didn't knock it! It was an excellent programme, I'm just amazed they managed to do it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 10 May 2020, 10:11 (Ref:3975374)   #24
S griffin
Veteran

Ok fair enough. It was one of three from 2012, the other two being James Martin on JYS and Chris Hoy on Colin McRae
Old 10 May 2020, 10:44 (Ref:3975376)   #25
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
It was good but they could have got the correct type of car for the trip through the italian countryside, rather than going for the gull wing

Tags
stirlingmoss