Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 21 Dec 2017, 13:00 (Ref:3788510)   #1051
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A testing update. They seem to be making good progress. Hope the car has some pace.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/1...2017-test.html
Old 21 Dec 2017, 13:39 (Ref:3788519)   #1052
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"A new aero package" I don't know what would they be changing this time,. maybe the rear of the car.
Old 21 Dec 2017, 13:47 (Ref:3788521)   #1053
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Compared to last season, it appears to have-

Slightly reprofiled nose
Inboard winglets have gone (probably low drag testing, but there may be some funky new aero going on there)
New dive planes
Squared off arches
Mirrors moulded into the bodywork
Air intake in front of the cockpit is gone
Rear arch holes are now inboard
New headlight shape
Old 21 Dec 2017, 14:04 (Ref:3788525)   #1054
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Looks like they raided the Porsche parts bin for those headlights...
Old 21 Dec 2017, 17:34 (Ref:3788576)   #1055
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
These aero changes aren't even what the car will have, apparently. They will change again next year so obviously they feel there's still gains to be made, which is good!
Old 21 Dec 2017, 18:44 (Ref:3788588)   #1056
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Looks like they raided the Porsche parts bin for those headlights...
I was thinking about how clm started 2016 season like an audi r18 chinese copycat and now taking ever more "ispiration" from last season porsche
Old 21 Dec 2017, 22:49 (Ref:3788607)   #1057
Jam3s
Racer

Jam3s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if they've had the opportunity to put it in a wind tunnel to aid these aero updates or if they're still relying on CFD.
Old 22 Dec 2017, 02:12 (Ref:3788631)   #1058
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam3s View Post
I wonder if they've had the opportunity to put it in a wind tunnel to aid these aero updates or if they're still relying on CFD.
Who's windtunnel would they use? Who does Kolles have connections to that would have one on demand?
Old 22 Dec 2017, 07:42 (Ref:3788649)   #1059
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's a few in the UK I thought, though likely not full scale things.
Old 22 Dec 2017, 16:58 (Ref:3788715)   #1060
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
When in F1 Kolles involvement with Hispania and F1 they used the wind tunnel at Mercedes and Brackley. I don’t think they’ll have been using that recently
Old 22 Dec 2017, 20:29 (Ref:3788751)   #1061
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
from Pierre Kaffer facebook

Quote:
Last Test done for 2017! Looking forward now to having some days off and enjoy some time with my family. Merry Christmas

It looks like they upgraded the steering wheel since 2015

Old 26 Dec 2017, 22:01 (Ref:3789227)   #1062
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I beg a pardon if this was mentioned somewhere above, but was there any info about new turbo layout at Nissan-Cosworth V6? It's not on the block (or is it?), so the pipes length is different - how does it affect hp and moment specs?
Old 26 Dec 2017, 22:40 (Ref:3789232)   #1063
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Should be alongside the block as on a conventional V engine. The Toyota has a similar layout.
Old 27 Dec 2017, 07:32 (Ref:3789259)   #1064
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've found it in the Web googling most of the evening.
The layout is different (at least I think so). I wonder what was the amount of work needed to construct new inlet and outlet pipes - so they could not just use spare parts left after 2015. While it was NISMO who supplied engine, I think there are no problems with power or torque.

Last edited by helgi; 27 Dec 2017 at 07:55.
Old 27 Dec 2017, 12:56 (Ref:3789308)   #1065
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
This is the car from 2015. The turbos are in the same place (in a different angle), but the air inlet, the exhaust exit, the intercoolers, and the cooling on the sidepods are different.

From 2016 to 2017 the rear of the car changed three times. Now there is more room for the air to go to the rear wing, and exhaust exit and cooling are different.

Last edited by Damian Baldi; 27 Dec 2017 at 13:20.
Old 9 Feb 2018, 14:59 (Ref:3799923)   #1066
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
ByKOLLES RACING FIRES-UP, AGAIN IN LMP1, FOR THE 2018/19 WEC SUPERSEASON

Quote:
ByKOLLES Racing will take part in the 2018/19 Superseason of the World Endurance Championship (WEC), competing again in the LMP1 class. During a press-conference held in Paris today, Series Promoters of WEC have confirmed the entry of the Greding-based private Team to the Championship which includes two times Le Mans 24hrs race. ByKOLLES confirms also Oliver Webb (GB) as its first contracted driver.

"We look forward to the coming tasks of WEC season with enthousiasm. In particular, we perceive the Le Mans events, which will see our team this year in June entering it for the 8th time, as special highlights" says ByKOLLES chief of race operations, Boris Bermes. "Competition in LMP1 will be drastically different to previous years, given the withdrawal of Porsche and new private teams joining. We significantly changed and improved our package in recent months and our Enso CLM P1/01 car has been provided with extensively tested updates so that we can expect to be at the top in a competition which is becoming more and more exciting. We are delighted to confirm Oliver Webb as one of our drivers and we will announce the full drivers line-up in the coming weeks".

"I am excited to having the chance of staying with ByKOLLES Racing for the coming Superseason" says Oliver Webb, "we never had such good possibilities to succeed as today although there will be a fierce opposition in the LMP1-L class like never before and I 'm proud of being part of it, for which I feel grateful towards the team. We intensively tested during winter and we are confident on our package performing well on track".
Old 9 Feb 2018, 17:24 (Ref:3799986)   #1067
TF110
Veteran

United States
Glad to see this team continue on. Hope they have a good package to go with that Nissan engine!
Old 9 Feb 2018, 20:12 (Ref:3800058)   #1068
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Well, this time we know that they made several test sessions, but we don't know if that will change their usual performance. I hope yes.
Old 9 Feb 2018, 21:02 (Ref:3800074)   #1069
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Trying and testing new things out has never been a problem for this team, in fact other than the factories Kolles has been the one to update their machinery the most throughout the grid, which is admirable. What has been a problem however is that those updated parts have either been ineffective or plain crap most of the time.

Anyway while I don't think they're gonna challenge top 5 finish anywhere, certainly not LM, I think they could be decent-ish at Spa because the track suits the low df aero okay and all the other privateer cars probably have some teething issues still.
Old 10 Feb 2018, 03:26 (Ref:3800146)   #1070
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
The updates have worked okay considering the car's fastest lap improved at Le Mans improved 9 seconds in two years, it's just polishing a turd. (plus LMP2 is now 11 seconds faster, so it doesn't look like they've gone anywhere)
Old 10 Feb 2018, 09:01 (Ref:3800191)   #1071
TF110
Veteran

United States
They could have gone a lot faster last year too. A potential 3:21 at Le Mans. There really wasn't any reason to go all out anyway because Porsche and Toyota were out of reach. Beating the p2's was good enough. I think this year they can be better. More testing has taken place and it seems like they're getting more from their Nissan engine. I hope so at least.
Old 10 Feb 2018, 13:48 (Ref:3800277)   #1072
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Why did they ditch Dunlops last year by the way? I don't remember them being particularly bad in their or Swiss hands, though it's hard to tell...
Old 10 Feb 2018, 16:56 (Ref:3800322)   #1073
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Why did they ditch Dunlops last year by the way? I don't remember them being particularly bad in their or Swiss hands, though it's hard to tell...
They used Dunlop in 2016, but went back to Michelin for 2017 when Rebellion left the series. It was a test for the upcoming new P2 cars.
Old 10 Feb 2018, 17:14 (Ref:3800324)   #1074
Deleted
Veteran

I was going to say "but wouldn't you want to retain that relationship if Dunlop managed to produce better wet weather tire than Michelin, which would enable you to have potential ace in the hole against the others" but then I remembered these cars aren't allowed to race in the rain anymore. Also I guess Dunlop doesn't really need that marketing value in LMP1 when they have that armada in LMP2 anyway.
Old 11 Feb 2018, 00:48 (Ref:3800376)   #1075
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I was going to say "but wouldn't you want to retain that relationship if Dunlop managed to produce better wet weather tire than Michelin, which would enable you to have potential ace in the hole against the others" but then I remembered these cars aren't allowed to race in the rain anymore. Also I guess Dunlop doesn't really need that marketing value in LMP1 when they have that armada in LMP2 anyway.
Last years Fuji race was a weird one with all the stopping but it was wet for the whole thing. I don't remember the Dunlop performance in the wet, was it better than the Michelin just in lmp2 or GTE?