Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 24 Jan 2015, 18:39 (Ref:3496025)   #326
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What's Prodrive gotta do with anything here??

Good to see you appearing here every once in a while btw.
Old 24 Jan 2015, 22:15 (Ref:3496339)   #327
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80 View Post
This is the 4th year of Kolles in WEC in a row and I cant remember they missed a single race because of funding. Where are you concerns coming from?
Spot on!
I think these 'concerns' stem entirely from Colin Kolles' pretty unjustified reputation.
Old 24 Jan 2015, 22:30 (Ref:3496353)   #328
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
What's Prodrive gotta do with anything here??

Good to see you appearing here every once in a while btw.
I thought someone mentiond that Prodrive were somehow involved ?

And thank you .
Old 1 Feb 2015, 21:32 (Ref:3499834)   #329
Albers Fan
Rookie

Netherlands
Albers Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.theyellowwings.com/
Old 2 Feb 2015, 14:48 (Ref:3500112)   #330
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albers Fan View Post
Is this related?
Old 2 Feb 2015, 14:53 (Ref:3500113)   #331
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Is this related?
Yes

It's a marketing company working together with Kolles.

http://www.bykolles.at/press/bykolle...lease_22.1.pdf
Old 2 Feb 2015, 14:59 (Ref:3500116)   #332
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Yes

It's a marketing company working together with Kolles.

http://www.bykolles.at/press/bykolle...lease_22.1.pdf
thanks, interested to see what they have to say about the project.
Old 2 Feb 2015, 16:37 (Ref:3500148)   #333
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Is this related?
EDIT
Old 2 Feb 2015, 22:13 (Ref:3500276)   #334
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Am I mistaken or has the countdown just been pushed 6 days back ?
Old 2 Feb 2015, 23:38 (Ref:3500303)   #335
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNigel View Post
Looks like you are correct.
Old 3 Feb 2015, 17:33 (Ref:3500499)   #336
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNigel View Post
Yep
Old 3 Feb 2015, 17:44 (Ref:3500504)   #337
Pandemonium
Racer

Pandemonium has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
This team is so weird...
Old 5 Feb 2015, 00:59 (Ref:3501090)   #338
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Noticed that their contact email account is convincingly just plain private @gmail.com address and the registered ByKolles website now directs to world4you webhosting info page instead of 'coming soon'. Wonderful

Don't think we'll learn too much about this one in tomorrow's conference
Old 5 Feb 2015, 09:46 (Ref:3501243)   #339
Lorenzo S
Racer

England
Dordrecht, the Netherlands
Lorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonium View Post
This team is so weird...
This team is more than just weird, surely it's just a front?

Anyone remember Vic Lee Motorsport?

Obviously, those two statements I just made are wholly unrelated.

Old 5 Feb 2015, 15:44 (Ref:3501426)   #340
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Vic Lee.....hmmm.....I used to work for the bloke, I dont think Colin Kolles is that bad, but he aint no saint either :-/......my suspicion about this whole Kolles operation is that Dr Colin Kolles is the proverbial latter day Tom Walkinshaw, whereby he has a very serious Motorsport empire spanning, DTM, F1 and LeMans, some with Manufacturer input, some without......so the ones without manufacturer support, he runs on a low shoestring budget, with the aim of enticing serious manufacturer or big sponsor investment........something along those lines......I do agree they seem the proverbial secret-squirrel team, but they do put cars out there on the grid every season and make a reasonable account of themselves, not majorly competitive, but they do get out there and go the distance........will be interesting to see how the CLM car develops, sounds like if they lose the excess 70Kg weight they will go well with a little aero development
Old 5 Feb 2015, 15:59 (Ref:3501436)   #341
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well they have silverstone and spa to develop the car before Le mans lets us hope they have the funds in place
Old 5 Feb 2015, 16:47 (Ref:3501474)   #342
Deleted
Veteran

With Rebellion dropping out from pre season testing and Silverstone it leaves this thing some time to play catch up for LM too.

Looks like they picked race number #4 for the season after Audi reclinched 7-9
Old 6 Feb 2015, 12:41 (Ref:3501915)   #343
Albers Fan
Rookie

Netherlands
Albers Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome Simon Trummer!

He will some learning from his etablished teammates.
We’re very pleased that everything has now been made official. We’ve been extremely focussed throughout the winter season on producing the best package we can for this year. I know that we are up against some very well respected and well funded teams and whilst we may be small, we are also smart and strong and we’re very serious about this opportunity. We will do our fans proud, I have no doubt about that.

Simon Trummer: “I had a great time working with the team last year, I really like the way they operate and I know that they have made significant upgrades on what was already an impressive car last year. Competing in the 24 Hours of Le Mans is a dream for most racing drivers, it’s such a unique and historic event. I can’t wait to be there and see what we can do.”

see you in march!
Old 6 Feb 2015, 13:44 (Ref:3501937)   #344
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With the extra 3.6% fuel flow allowed by the 2015 ACO regs for non-KERS teams, plus a bit of reduced weight, potentially 70Kg, and not forgetting some possible aero work I can imagine the CLM will be noticeably quicker this year, also AER will have developed the engines performance and general drive-ability during the winter.......should go better overall in 2015 me thinks
Old 6 Feb 2015, 15:55 (Ref:3501964)   #345
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I hope it does. Obviously the privateers won't challenge for even podiums anymore, but it would be good to see Kolles have a better year than Rebellion. I love Rebellion's "last standing privateer" commitment, but to show even they can be toppled by other privateers can only be good for opening the door.
Old 6 Feb 2015, 17:31 (Ref:3501994)   #346
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
I hope it does. Obviously the privateers won't challenge for even podiums anymore, but it would be good to see Kolles have a better year than Rebellion. I love Rebellion's "last standing privateer" commitment, but to show even they can be toppled by other privateers can only be good for opening the door.
I used the same kind of logic when Toyota beat Audi couple of times in 2012-2013, perverserly Audi by "letting" opposition win kinda make the overall competition seem tougher and worthier. If that makes sense
Old 6 Feb 2015, 22:26 (Ref:3502111)   #347
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
I guess we remember the victories that had to be fought for - so Le Mans and PLM 2008 are way more memorable than some of the totally dominant Audi performances, and made even more notable because it wasn't an absolute given that Audi were going to win when going up against Peugeot.

I'd love to see the Kolles be able, when the cards fall their way, to beat Rebellion, and vice versa, whitewashes don't serve much of a purpose and showing it's possible is something that can only encourage others to have a go. Now of course if you could combine that with a privateer managing to get a podium or run at the front, even if it is down to a lucky confluence of circumstances, then so much the better...
Old 7 Feb 2015, 07:47 (Ref:3502269)   #348
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i think the ACO do try hard to even things up between the private teams and the factory ones but to be honest the gap is not just power from the engine, the private teams can be very well run but compared to the very slick factory teams with unlimited resources they will always be at a disadvantage
Old 8 Feb 2015, 10:58 (Ref:3502839)   #349
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
Twelve hours to go before that countdown reaches zero (unless it is pushed back... again).

Any chance to get some sort of reveal or teaser about the new car and/or its new livery ?
Old 8 Feb 2015, 11:26 (Ref:3502850)   #350
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I actually missed this press release regarding LM entry
http://www.bykolles.at/files/bykolle...ease_06.02.pdf
2 press releases in 15 days ...