Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 26 Mar 2016, 05:07 (Ref:3627381)   #851
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
With the right info it could make for an interesting discussion, but with what you are allowed to share all we are really getting is "hey guys I'm on the inside with a big team, and here's some extremely vague info that only I know about, so take my word for it."

You aren't the first "insider" to show up on one of these forums that supposedly has all kinds of interesting info that they can't share and decide to share the fact that they can't share it. It pretty much never ends up well because it really doesn't add much to the conversation since none of it can be expanded upon or confirmed, and to a lot of people it sounds a bit like when a kid says "I know a secret, but I can't tell you because you aren't a member of the secret club!" which naturally makes the skepticism a bit more heated.

If you want to tell us, make a fake account that can't be tied to you and leak it. Otherwise, you are probably better off keeping it to yourself because regardless of your intentions, many will read it as someone looking for attention and dangling info out of their reach.
Old 26 Mar 2016, 05:11 (Ref:3627383)   #852
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
With the right info it could make for an interesting discussion, but with what you are allowed to share all we are really getting is "hey guys I'm on the inside with a big team, and here's some extremely vague info that only I know about, so take my word for it."

You aren't the first "insider" to show up on one of these forums that supposedly has all kinds of interesting info that they can't share and decide to share the fact that they can't share it. It pretty much never ends up well because it really doesn't add much to the conversation since none of it can be expanded upon or confirmed, and to a lot of people it sounds a bit like when a kid says "I know a secret, but I can't tell you because you aren't a member of the secret club!" which naturally makes the skepticism a bit more heated.

If you want to tell us, make a fake account that can't be tied to you and leak it. Otherwise, you are probably better off keeping it to yourself because regardless of your intentions, many will read it as someone looking for attention and dangling info out of their reach.
+1
Old 26 Mar 2016, 09:52 (Ref:3627430)   #853
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post

Then treat my words as rumors - which is frankly how I EXPECTED them to be treated under the circumstances. There's no need to be insulting towards someone bringing forth such info just because it can't be proven at the time spoken. I can't fault someone for not blindly trusting information that can't be immediately backed up, but if the information can't be concretely refuted it's foolish to just throw it aside.

Quote:
If you want to tell us, make a fake account that can't be tied to you and leak it.
If I could safely risk it, don't you think I would? It is, to say the least, known that I'm the only person with a line to the team that posts on this forum. NDA-protected information would spread past here before long, and if I made a random account just to post it, they'd figure it out rather quickly.

This is my foot in the door of an industry I've wanted to work in for decades. I am NOT risking it just because people would rather be rude in responding to the information I provide.

Last edited by FormulaFox; 26 Mar 2016 at 10:05.
Old 26 Mar 2016, 12:33 (Ref:3627489)   #854
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr. Fox :
I have no problem with someone trying to get their FOOT in the Door !! Whether Fact , Brag , Truth or Lying . As a Team Principal if I came across your postings as I read them , I would automatically NOT hire you for any position on my team simply from the TRUST factor alone .
Please indicate to my team if you are trying to get your foot in the door WHAT VALUE do you bring to us at this point ?
Old 26 Mar 2016, 13:10 (Ref:3627511)   #855
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Yeah, trying to get your foot in the door and then riding the fine line between breaking an nda or not would not make an employer happy. What is it you gain by posting this stuff and getting ripped to pieces like this?
Old 26 Mar 2016, 18:17 (Ref:3627594)   #856
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
My question is why is this discussion going on in the 12 Hours of Sebring race thread instead of one of the future WEC or IMSA threads?
Agreed!

Mods, would one of you please move this stuff to the appropriate thread (rumors?)? Thx!
Old 26 Mar 2016, 19:20 (Ref:3627619)   #857
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Baldwin View Post
Mr. Fox :
I have no problem with someone trying to get their FOOT in the Door !! Whether Fact , Brag , Truth or Lying . As a Team Principal if I came across your postings as I read them , I would automatically NOT hire you for any position on my team simply from the TRUST factor alone .
Please indicate to my team if you are trying to get your foot in the door WHAT VALUE do you bring to us at this point ?
For one thing, I'm not trying to get my foot in the door. It's already in said door - unless something happens to make the team withdraw the IMSA program, I'm locked in for a paid internship with this team.

As for why, the answer is actually surprisingly simple: I don't suffer fools lightly. I got noticed over on Racer, where I have a tendency to smack fools upside the head with the reality of racing on both the marketing and technical side of things on a great many issues. Those comments impressed one of their head techs to the point of offering me work - though the fact that I've gathered all my information through reading. listening to, and thinking heavily about publicly-available information rather than any direct experience means I can't be hired for a permanent job right off the bat - thus the internship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Yeah, trying to get your foot in the door and then riding the fine line between breaking an nda or not would not make an employer happy. What is it you gain by posting this stuff and getting ripped to pieces like this?
The thing I don't think people here are quite getting is that I'm NOT riding a fine line. My feet have been firmly on the safe side with every comment I've made.
Old 26 Mar 2016, 21:20 (Ref:3627655)   #858
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
As I've already noted, they're doing CFD tests so they can have as much data on hand as possible prior to having their cars. They've been working closely with their chosen chassis provider on the WEC side.

Despite what far too many want to believe, "testing" does not exclusively refer to on-track activity.
No. It does. There is a difference between testing and CFD work. Having said that, I'm quite certain that the four chassis options for the WEC and DPi are doing just fine on their own with sim work. No team will have a hand in the design work. Refute this how you want to, but, they have nothing to do with the aero and homologation process.

Quote:
Laugh all you want. It's not going to convince anyone to face the penalties that would result. I for one am not giving up my opportunity with this team just because you'd rather laugh at someone for adhering to an NDA.
An NDA that doesn't exist. And if it does, perhaps it'd be wise to shut up about all of it. You have no clue who lurks here and elsewhere.

Racing is a TINY world. If this is what you want, then stop talking. People will know who you are, and what you are all about quite easily.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 26 Mar 2016, 22:15 (Ref:3627669)   #859
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
No. It does. There is a difference between testing and CFD work. Having said that, I'm quite certain that the four chassis options for the WEC and DPi are doing just fine on their own with sim work. No team will have a hand in the design work. Refute this how you want to, but, they have nothing to do with the aero and homologation process.
Who said anything about design work? Their CFD testing has nothing to do with designing the car.

Quote:
An NDA that doesn't exist. And if it does, perhaps it'd be wise to shut up about all of it. You have no clue who lurks here and elsewhere.

Racing is a TINY world. If this is what you want, then stop talking. People will know who you are, and what you are all about quite easily.
The NDA does exist, and I've mentioned ONLY things I've been given an explicit thumbs up to share. The team is already well aware of what I'm all about: Learning all I can and spreading what pieces of that knowledge I'm ALLOWED to.

Last edited by FormulaFox; 26 Mar 2016 at 22:24.
Old 26 Mar 2016, 22:42 (Ref:3627679)   #860
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wow. Amazing.

And concerning the racing, I've only just caught up. Great end to the race. Nice dummy and through into the lead.
Old 27 Mar 2016, 00:57 (Ref:3627703)   #861
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

And concerning the racing,
I am not sure the racing factors in at all! A pony, sure a pantomime pony, but hey, needs to be pummeled over and over
Old 27 Mar 2016, 04:06 (Ref:3627718)   #862
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You've said they're a European based team with not only a WEC program but also a IMSA program using new spec P2s. 4x cars, atleast 6x drivers and the whole host of personnel to get this kind of a program going on both sides of the pond? That alone gives enough information for a creative type to track down the who's and what's.

If the team providing the internship hasn't already collared you they'll be thinking about it. BTW, you're an intern who hasn't even started with no actual experience in the field, you don't seem to realise that the door can shut quite hard on you and push that foot out the gap.....What you should be doing is what I and others have said, simply stop talking about it.
Old 27 Mar 2016, 04:51 (Ref:3627723)   #863
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
You've said they're a European based team with not only a WEC program but also a IMSA program using new spec P2s. 4x cars,
I never said four cars.

Quote:
atleast 6x drivers and the whole host of personnel to get this kind of a program going on both sides of the pond? That alone gives enough information for a creative type to track down the who's and what's.

If the team providing the internship hasn't already collared you they'll be thinking about it. BTW, you're an intern who hasn't even started with no actual experience in the field, you don't seem to realise that the door can shut quite hard on you and push that foot out the gap.....What you should be doing is what I and others have said, simply stop talking about it.
That's assuming I'm deliberately stating things that are 100% accurate. People have noticed some discrepancies in my descriptions - I've stuck in some deliberate falsehoods explicitly to throw things off the trail specifically in case of the issues you bring up.

If there's a team out there that absolutely 100% meets every single detail I've noted, you've found the wrong team.

I'm not stupid. I know better than to throw out this kind of stuff and just assume nobody can put the pieces together, even if I'm on the safe side of the NDA with what I release. The misleading part of it is a big part of why I expect people to treat my info as rumor rather than fact.
Old 27 Mar 2016, 05:23 (Ref:3627725)   #864
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 27 Mar 2016, 05:41 (Ref:3627730)   #865
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Hey, he confirmed what we were all thinking. He's full of ****.
Old 27 Mar 2016, 06:55 (Ref:3627733)   #866
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
Even more reason to now remove fingers from keys....
Old 27 Mar 2016, 09:22 (Ref:3627749)   #867
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Hey, he confirmed what we were all thinking. He's full of ****.
Not even remotely. As you'll see before the year's out, I've given true information. Don't like how I cover myself in the process of doing so? Too bad. I have a proven track record of accurate info leaks on other matters(despite how desperate some people may be to prove otherwise).

Just because I make sure to cover my @$$ doesn't make me full of it.

A lot of people are going to have egg on their face when the day comes which I can reveal all.

Though I am starting to see why certain people in the employ of the team don't like this forum. I've noticed I'm not the only one who gets treated poorly for bringing up insider information - regardless of it's accuracy.

I'll keep in mind in the future that if you leak info around here while being to careful to protect yourself, you're automatically full of $#!%, but this would be one boring forum if everyone adheres to that rule.

Last edited by FormulaFox; 27 Mar 2016 at 09:31.
Old 27 Mar 2016, 10:01 (Ref:3627754)   #868
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
2016 12 Hours of Sebring

Quote:
Not even remotely. As you'll see before the year's out, I've given true information. Don't like how I cover myself in the process of doing so? Too bad. I have a proven track record of accurate info leaks on other matters(despite how desperate some people may be to prove otherwise).

A lot of people are going to have egg on their face when the day comes which I can reveal all.

Though I am starting to see why certain people in the employ of the team don't like this forum. I've noticed I'm not the only one who gets treated poorly for bringing up insider information - regardless of it's accuracy.

I'll keep in mind in the future that if you leak info around here while being to careful to protect yourself, you're automatically full of $#!%, but this would be one boring forum if everyone adheres to that rule.

There are a lot of people on this forum with insider knowledge but what separates them from you is how they go about it.

I couldn't see many team managers being very happy at their team being discussed like this by one of their staff regardless of whether the teams identity is known or not. Dropping hints is fine but when it turns into a soap opera it leaves a sour taste in one mouth.

Besides this should really be in the rumours thread.
Old 27 Mar 2016, 10:03 (Ref:3627755)   #869
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
We now have a timing, this European based team with a WEC and IMSA program (1-2x cars it would seem) will announce itself before the end of the year.

Well then.....
Old 27 Mar 2016, 12:15 (Ref:3627773)   #870
RWill2073
Veteran

Telling a forum full of diehard fans that members of the team don't like them is probably not the best pr for the team when they do come out of hiding.

Can't believe the team would like that.

Is this your first job?
Old 27 Mar 2016, 13:28 (Ref:3627782)   #871
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

I guess I can't speak for everyone, but I have no problem with insiders, I have problems with people who talk about how they are an insider and reveal basically nothing and then act like people are fools or big-meanie-heads for not believing them or taking them seriously. We have several insiders around this forum that are taken seriously and treated with respect, and the difference is that none of them conduct themselves like you do.

I hope they aren't hiring you for something PR-like, but if they are here's a hint: fans like to feel included, not have things dangled slightly out of their reach and reminded that they aren't insiders so they aren't cool enough to know about it. You know the "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" saying? Modify that slightly and apply it here.

If you have something valuable you can share, then share it. If you can't share something valuable then you are better off keeping it to yourself rather than sharing some little insignificant fragment of it, especially when that fragment is going to be followed up with you telling us all again about how you are an insider and blah blah and acting indignant when people don't take you seriously.

To be clear, I'm not trying to be hostile or whatever, and I'm not saying your team is imaginary either. I don't have any issue with you wanting to share the info with us as I'm sure anyone that does know something would want to share it and this board could always use some positive news. The way you are going about it though? Maybe you should learn something from some of the other insiders here.
Old 27 Mar 2016, 13:31 (Ref:3627783)   #872
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't be harsh, life as interim can be hard!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZEav9A801A
Old 27 Mar 2016, 14:12 (Ref:3627792)   #873
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Happy Easter (if that is your kind of thing).

Now shut up about everything not Sebring or easter related.
Old 27 Mar 2016, 15:45 (Ref:3627808)   #874
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Or at least take it to one of the future prospects threads about the WEC or IMSA.

If it's not about 2016 Sebring 12 Hours or related to it, why put it here instead of one of the future prospects/rumors/speculation threads?
Old 27 Mar 2016, 17:41 (Ref:3627830)   #875
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Or at least take it to one of the future prospects threads about the WEC or IMSA.

If it's not about 2016 Sebring 12 Hours or related to it, why put it here instead of one of the future prospects/rumors/speculation threads?
It developed from other people taking issue with some comments I made. That is all.