Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 26 Jun 2009, 11:09 (Ref:2490984)   #1
eveningladies
Rookie

United Kingdom
York
eveningladies should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2009 Superleague Formula Rounds 1&2 - Magny Cours

Live timing appears to beup and running for todays testing...

http://www.superleagueformula.com/su...ve/Live-Timing
Old 26 Jun 2009, 13:21 (Ref:2491065)   #2
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
kerrmanningjarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks, they never told us there would be any testing today - they've just talked about practice on Saturday...

By the way, qualifying is not live on TV or online this weekend - not sure if it will be like that for the whole season or if it's a one-off. Odd though, why have the penalty shootout format and then not televise it? It's basically made for TV.
Old 26 Jun 2009, 13:24 (Ref:2491071)   #3
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyfabe View Post
no mention of Frank Perera in connection with any of the teams, its a shame hes a good driver and appears not to be competing in any series, glad that Rigon and Buurman are back for more, looking forwards to these fantastic sounding cars racing again :-)
Perera was linked with Atletico Madrid somewhere or other but the deal didn't come off clearly. There was also an article saying that Bordeaux would join the series with Perera as driver, but that didn't come off either.
Old 26 Jun 2009, 13:26 (Ref:2491072)   #4
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
http://tsl-timing.com/?loc=major&sea...&tabletype=gif First test is completed - Valles leads the way from Gommendy, quite a predictable front two, with an impressive 3rd for Kasper Andersen.

Only two shakedown laps for Davide Rigon and Olympiakos, while no laps at all for AS Roma (Kennard), Anderlecht (Buurman) and Lyon (Panciatici).
Old 27 Jun 2009, 13:09 (Ref:2491586)   #5
sauber11
Racer

Russian Federation
sauber11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardRenes View Post
in short: Yes. Superleague will be the faster car, by 3 to 5 seconds a lap (my prediction).
Right now euroseries f3000 less than 1 second slower than SLF
Old 27 Jun 2009, 23:23 (Ref:2491773)   #6
racecontrol
Racer

European Union
racecontrol should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sauber11 View Post
Right now euroseries f3000 less than 1 second slower than SLF
I think in qualifying was about half a second.... and Magny Cours is a circuit with long straights that are good for SF engines... in Donington could be even closer
Old 28 Jun 2009, 08:57 (Ref:2491863)   #7
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd better warn everyone now that the webstream is pretty much useless.
Old 28 Jun 2009, 08:59 (Ref:2491864)   #8
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
one alternative is www.mstv.gr
Old 28 Jun 2009, 09:25 (Ref:2491872)   #9
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks, that stream worked for a while but is broken now. SF's official stream is gone too showing colour bars. Uh-oh!
Old 28 Jun 2009, 09:28 (Ref:2491875)   #10
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i'm glad that wasn't just me having issues with their webstream.

i feel wrong saying this but it's actually quite good racing...
Old 28 Jun 2009, 09:35 (Ref:2491880)   #11
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
It's not just good racing - it's good racing at Magny! Would be nice if the over-rev info were to be shown on TV though.
Old 28 Jun 2009, 09:49 (Ref:2491885)   #12
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i'm just pleased the streaming has sorted itself out!

WHAT?? they reverse the entire grid next race?? oh dear god...
Old 28 Jun 2009, 10:02 (Ref:2491890)   #13
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
They did that last year at every race and there wasn't an actual autopocalypse at T1 as would be expected. Possibly because those on the front two or three rows were the retirements rather than the slowpokes.

Total reverse grids stops Jason Plato's tactics of doing a Rubens at the end of the race to try to get on the front row by jumping on the brakes on the pit straight.
Old 28 Jun 2009, 10:15 (Ref:2491902)   #14
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Noone fancied a little thread about the opening rounds then?

I reckon there's a reaonable amount to discuss?
Old 28 Jun 2009, 10:23 (Ref:2491904)   #15
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
If you want to split it off, I wouldn't mind. Next time I might as well start an actual thread, silly me.
Old 28 Jun 2009, 10:37 (Ref:2491910)   #16
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
DONE!!

Well apart from the Eurosport black out half way through that was a massively dominant performance from Valles!!

Once he disposed of the fast starting Pizzonia (good to see him out there again) he eased away.

Pantano massively benefited from Rigon's monumental brain fade in torpedoing couple of people at the haripin on the opening lap and jumped from, what was it, 19th to 6th??!! but ultimately couldn't handle Dolby or Buurman who followed Valles home in the end.

Some decent little scraps, but even though the cars look less cumbersome than last year, they still look a bit hard work to drive quickly?
Old 28 Jun 2009, 11:04 (Ref:2492643)   #17
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
I don't know if the chassis has changed much, but they are still longer and heavier (definately the latter) than F1 machinery. 750hp is always impressive.
Old 28 Jun 2009, 12:26 (Ref:2492670)   #18
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i feel really sorry for the n00bs in those cars, it looks like a lot to get used to. dolby is mega though, when did that happen!
Old 28 Jun 2009, 12:39 (Ref:2492675)   #19
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
It looks like amateur hour, sorry 45 minutes, out there. Not just the drivers but also the teams and above all the commentator. Where's Martin Haven when you need him?
Old 28 Jun 2009, 12:50 (Ref:2492678)   #20
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
really? isn't it ben edwards like it is on the live feed?
Old 28 Jun 2009, 12:56 (Ref:2492684)   #21
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
No it's some guy called John Lawrence (or Laurence). I nearly fell asleep. Good to see Pantano win. The cars are okay but do look ponderous, hence the lack of overtaking.

Edit: First name might be Mike. Either way, tedious beyond belief.
Old 28 Jun 2009, 13:01 (Ref:2492686)   #22
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i have to say, and not grovelling here, the live feed commentary was very good. there was plenty of overtaking in the first 10-15 minutes while the grid sorted itself out from the reverse format. this extra little race should be interesting.

i don't like the format, it makes my brain hurt, but everything else is ok.
Old 28 Jun 2009, 13:05 (Ref:2492688)   #23
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ben Edwards and Bruce Jouanny are on Setanta Ireland commentating on it. Although it has just cut off during the run up to race 3. <edit> It's back again. I thought that was the plug being pulled on the channel......

I switched to Eurosport 2 there and it's now in German?!

Reminds me of the old days of analogue Sky. Good racing today, ok some amateurish mistakes at times, but it makes Magny Cours look good.
Old 28 Jun 2009, 13:08 (Ref:2492691)   #24
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
I switched to Eurosport 2 there and it's now in German?!
Yes!!! Oh, but hang on, now there's some English...
Old 28 Jun 2009, 13:11 (Ref:2492692)   #25
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i would suggest people change to the live feed but it's flakier than a school prom already so you stay watching your tellys...