Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 24 Mar 2016, 20:07 (Ref:3626871)   #826
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Don't worry about the points, as NAEC sub championship is pointless (no pun intended). No-one will remember who won what, even less so than with regular championships, and there are no carrots at the end for competitors either. If teams want to enter those races they will because of the events themselves.

Who clinched NAEC in 2012? 2014? The other years? I don't know. Does anyone really care?

Even Michelin Green X Challenge had more going for it back in the day.
Agreed Individual race wins are a much bigger deal than some season long points title. We will remember who the winner of this race is well past the NAEC or even Imsa 2016 champion. I think the Corvette guys know this. If they are Bop'ed down for the rest of the year and don't win a single race from this point on (just like 2015) it mattes little. No matter what happens from this point on. 2016 in IMSA has been a perfect season for them. Le Mans is their #1 priority now. More than the rest of the 2016 IMSA season combined.
Old 24 Mar 2016, 20:10 (Ref:3626872)   #827
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah in terms of importance from highest

(Le Mans)
Daytona/Sebring
Petit
Series Championship
"The other races"
NAEC Championship
Old 25 Mar 2016, 01:01 (Ref:3626939)   #828
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
Yes, it's for 2017 in both series. LMP2/DPi.

No. This is a completely new program out of Europe.

They haven't been talking to the journalists, and they forced IMSA to sign the NDAs as well(despite Scotty's protests), so nobody at the top can give them any details, either. In the mind of the average journalist, no details = nothing happening. However, that's simply not always the case. Journalists miss more than half of things going on in the background until they actually happen anyway - a group that wants to cover it's tracks and has no prior direct involvment in racing can easily be missed.

I can point you to this little tidbit, though: A new race shop was being constructed in Charlotte, NC. That was to be this team's US shop.

Emphasis on "was" - the project was terminated due to one of the owners choosing to move the location to Florida due to reasons best kept secret to prevent controversial commentary. (I'll only say that an owner was not impressed by his visit)

Construction ultimately may or may not get finished and the building sold off to another party - that was undecided as of my last update.

There may be something else I can point to, but I need to double-check whether or not the NDA covers it first. I can only point to the above because, well, race shop construction in Charlotte is rather...public. They can hide the identity of the team behind it, but not the project itself.
If any of the above is true, I'll have this figured out rather easily.

But, I'm quite sure most of this isn't.

Here's the deal. If you want me to believe any of it, I'd have to acknowledge that this ghost effort has been testing a car for a 2017 WEC/DPi effort that nobody has their hands on yet, and has not been built outside of WELL known efforts.

And by acknowledge, I mean ignore.

This isn't Lockheed and the Skunkworks isn't building cars in Rekyjavik, and shipping them to a private track in Greenland for testing.

Part of the issue is that motorsports isn't a big world, and even the most secure of secure of NDA's, still results in leaks. You can't assemble a group of drivers, mechanics, and engineers without someone noticing.

Especially if it's as serious as you suggest. It's all about looking in the negative space, not the light.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 25 Mar 2016, 07:24 (Ref:3626978)   #829
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Insider battle to decide who is the insiderest insider that is currently inside.
Old 25 Mar 2016, 08:12 (Ref:3626985)   #830
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
winner gets to state "I'd comment, but it's under an NDA" afterwards.
Old 25 Mar 2016, 12:28 (Ref:3627065)   #831
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
Insider battle to decide who is the insiderest insider that is currently inside.
Lol. Just follow the money. It's not hard.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 25 Mar 2016, 12:34 (Ref:3627072)   #832
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Don't worry. I've got inside info that the Nissan was actually amazing and will be at the Ring this year. It's all good.
Old 25 Mar 2016, 15:16 (Ref:3627129)   #833
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
Part of the issue is that motorsports isn't a big world, and even the most secure of secure of NDA's, still results in leaks. You can't assemble a group of drivers, mechanics, and engineers without someone noticing.
Depending upon timelines and size, some projects can be kept secret, but in general I agree with what you are saying. Especially if this is as significant as it is supposed to be.

Quote:
Thank you. That really made me laugh.

Richard
Old 25 Mar 2016, 18:39 (Ref:3627224)   #834
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
If any of the above is true, I'll have this figured out rather easily.

But, I'm quite sure most of this isn't.

Here's the deal. If you want me to believe any of it, I'd have to acknowledge that this ghost effort has been testing a car for a 2017 WEC/DPi effort that nobody has their hands on yet, and has not been built outside of WELL known efforts.

And by acknowledge, I mean ignore.

This isn't Lockheed and the Skunkworks isn't building cars in Rekyjavik, and shipping them to a private track in Greenland for testing.

Especially if it's as serious as you suggest. It's all about looking in the negative space, not the light.
Trouble is, you've got this idea in your head that this team is already 100% assembled and on the track right now. I've never claimed that to be the case; It's a team that's BEING BUILT. It's not like there's been some mysterious transporters and bare carbon cars testing on tracks IMSA visits throughout the US at odd times. They don't have anything that nobody else has - they have agreements in place for most of their stuff, but they've not yet hit the track. As I've noted, their US base of operations isn't even finished yet.

Representatives of the team have been at every meeting between IMSA and the teams this year, and most of last year's.

And no, not all NDAs get breached no matter much you may want them to. Example: Delta Wing, where all we knew before the NDA expired was that Ben Bowlby was up to something unique, and we only knew that much because Bowlby admitted to it.

Last edited by FormulaFox; 25 Mar 2016 at 18:45.
Old 25 Mar 2016, 18:54 (Ref:3627232)   #835
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Trouble is, you've got this idea in your head that this team is already 100% assembled and on the track right now. I've never claimed that to be the case;(...) but they've not yet hit the track.
You make it sound like they've hit the track already, actually, when you said

Quote:
They're already testing for their WEC entry in Europe.

Last edited by Ephaeton; 25 Mar 2016 at 19:04. Reason: emphasis on quote by me
Old 25 Mar 2016, 18:58 (Ref:3627234)   #836
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
Mario Kart 8 on the Gameboys.

L.P.
Old 25 Mar 2016, 19:03 (Ref:3627237)   #837
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
It's hard to keep up with the news when it's not real.

But they're actually testing the coffee facilities. It's totally legit.
Old 25 Mar 2016, 19:28 (Ref:3627246)   #838
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Yes, testing FOR their WEC entry - they have CFD computers, after all.
Old 25 Mar 2016, 19:32 (Ref:3627248)   #839
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
I can see this argument resulting in nothing but sorry, that's not what you said.

Testing for WEC in Europe implies a non-Euro team has travelled to Europe and is testing a car. Now they appear to have bought a computer from PC world somewhere in the EU and are "testing".
Old 25 Mar 2016, 19:36 (Ref:3627249)   #840
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I can see this argument resulting in nothing but sorry, that's not what you said.

Testing for WEC in Europe implies a non-Euro team has travelled to Europe and is testing a car. Now they appear to have bought a computer from PC world somewhere in the EU and are "testing".
ENOUGH OF THIS CRAP. I'm fine with skepticism, but these outright insulting attempts at "humor" need to stop.

I never said they have a car on track. PERIOD. They'd hoped to, yes, but the constant delays in the 2017 rules have prevented it thus far. I have already pointed out that they're a European operation, so "non-Euro team" doesn't even enter into the matter. If you're going to be skeptical, at least get the info claimed correct when you dispute it.
Old 25 Mar 2016, 19:36 (Ref:3627250)   #841
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
There's a reason FormulaFox's board reputation is a single red box.
Old 25 Mar 2016, 19:40 (Ref:3627251)   #842
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
ENOUGH OF THIS CRAP. I'm fine with skepticism, but these oturight insulting attempts at "humor" need to stop.
Ok fair enough. I shall apologise for the previous post. But tell you what, we should come up with a way that you can prove yourself right one day. I know there are NDAs involved so you cannot say much. But surely there's some minor detail you can tell us that will prove you right when the news is announced?
Old 25 Mar 2016, 19:41 (Ref:3627253)   #843
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Ok fair enough. I shall apologise for the previous post. But tell you what, we should come up with a way that you can prove yourself right one day. I know there are NDAs involved so you cannot say much. But surely there's some minor detail you can tell us that will prove you right when the news is announced?
I've already pointed to everything I can without losing my opportunity with the team. I've noted that when the team announces itself publicly, I WILL identify that they're the team I've been talking about.
Old 25 Mar 2016, 19:42 (Ref:3627254)   #844
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
There's a reason FormulaFox's board reputation is a single red box.
I'll take a red box over rolling over for other people's insults any day.
Old 25 Mar 2016, 20:03 (Ref:3627265)   #845
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
Trouble is, you've got this idea in your head that this team is already 100% assembled and on the track right now. I've never claimed that to be the case; It's a team that's BEING BUILT. It's not like there's been some mysterious transporters and bare carbon cars testing on tracks IMSA visits throughout the US at odd times. They don't have anything that nobody else has - they have agreements in place for most of their stuff, but they've not yet hit the track. As I've noted, their US base of operations isn't even finished yet.
Uhm. Okay, but, you said this just a bit ago. "They're already testing for their WEC entry in Europe."

So, are they, or are they not doing stuff? They are testing, but at the same time they aren't?

Quote:
Representatives of the team have been at every meeting between IMSA and the teams this year, and most of last year's.
Neat. I can file interest and make my way into many meetings too.

Quote:
And no, not all NDAs get breached no matter much you may want them to. Example: Delta Wing, where all we knew before the NDA expired was that Ben Bowlby was up to something unique, and we only knew that much because Bowlby admitted to it.
As much as I want them to?
Old 25 Mar 2016, 21:42 (Ref:3627311)   #846
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Uhm. Okay, but, you said this just a bit ago. "They're already testing for their WEC entry in Europe."

So, are they, or are they not doing stuff? They are testing, but at the same time they aren't?
As I've already noted, they're doing CFD tests so they can have as much data on hand as possible prior to having their cars. They've been working closely with their chosen chassis provider on the WEC side.

Despite what far too many want to believe, "testing" does not exclusively refer to on-track activity.

Quote:
As much as I want them to?
Laugh all you want. It's not going to convince anyone to face the penalties that would result. I for one am not giving up my opportunity with this team just because you'd rather laugh at someone for adhering to an NDA.
Old 25 Mar 2016, 22:15 (Ref:3627321)   #847
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
My question is why is this discussion going on in the 12 Hours of Sebring race thread instead of one of the future WEC or IMSA threads?
Old 25 Mar 2016, 22:48 (Ref:3627326)   #848
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know the best thing you could have done Mr Fox is not say a thing at all because without any kind of anything no one is taking this seriously. The fact you've alluded to this program has probably broken an NDA too....
Old 25 Mar 2016, 23:08 (Ref:3627338)   #849
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
As I've already noted, they're doing CFD tests so they can have as much data on hand as possible prior to having their cars. They've been working closely with their chosen chassis provider on the WEC side.

Despite what far too many want to believe, "testing" does not exclusively refer to on-track activity.

Laugh all you want. It's not going to convince anyone to face the penalties that would result. I for one am not giving up my opportunity with this team just because you'd rather laugh at someone for adhering to an NDA.
Why bring it up at all then...?

Anyway thanks for the laughs
Old 26 Mar 2016, 00:38 (Ref:3627355)   #850
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
You know the best thing you could have done Mr Fox is not say a thing at all because without any kind of anything no one is taking this seriously. The fact you've alluded to this program has probably broken an NDA too....
Acknowledging the existence of the program is not breaking the NDA. Giving specifics would be.

I bring it up solely because it makes for interesting discussion(to people who would rather discuss than make fun of people, at least), which last I checked is the primary reason for forums in the first place.