Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

Old 24 Feb 2024, 21:54 (Ref:4198131)   #1
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2024 Fantasy F1 Launch Thread

2024 Season Fantasy F1
On Tentenths

We enter the 3rd season of the current regulations and for the first time in a long time, the 20 drivers that finished last season are the 20 same drivers at the start of the new season.

With 24 events on the calendar there has been a shuffle around of some of the timetables and placements of the events this season.

To fit around Ramadan the events in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia will join Las Vegas in running their events from Thursday to Saturday. Japan leaps forward in the season to event number 4 with China scheduled to return as event 5. With that Azerbaijan drops back to September, and Las Vegas, Qatar and Abu Dhabi form a triple header to end the season.

There will again be 6 sprint events again this season, but this time we have China and Miami, alongside Austria, USA (Austin), Brazil and Qatar.

The regulations and how to enter are Below.

Teams
Your team shall be made up of 2 drivers, 1 constructor and a power unit provider which must abide by the following real-world situation at the start of the season.

Your Drivers must be from separate constructors.
Your Drivers cannot drive for your constructor.
Your Driver cannot drive for your power unit provider.
Your Constructor cannot be powered by your power unit provider.

Teams must comply with the cost cap of 100,000 and are to be submitted in the usual fashion shown in the attachments.
Remember… Each team is to be unique so please refresh the page and check someone hasn’t posted the same selection whilst you were deliberating and typing.
Oh, and don’t forget to give your team a name too.

Entry
Entries are welcome at any point during the season and are to be submitted onto this, the launch thread.
To be included for the full season entries should be posted before the start of FP1 of the first event.
Additional entries will be entered for the next event if the current event has begun.

Weekend Event Scoring

This season at Sprint weekend events, I’ll be keeping a separate tally of points scored in the Sprint qualification and race. From this I’ll be able to award a sprint series winner based exclusively on points scored in the sprint qualification and races.
This will be in addition to the traditional event scores which will include the combined Sprint points along with the Grand Prix qualification and race.

Grand Prix event scoring

Qualification points for the Grand prix have been slightly revised for this season. For 2024, Pole will continue to receive 8 points, however there will be no additional bonuses for 2nd place or 2nd row placements. Instead, 2nd through to 10th place (those who reach Q3) will receive 5 points with 11th - 15th (reach Q2) getting 2 points.
There is no longer a requirement to set a Q2 or Q3 time to get these points.

Constructors and PU providers qualifying points have also been similarly revised with Pole getting 4 points, 2nd through 10th getting 2 points and 11th to 15th getting 1 point.

Race points remain as previous seasons and are based on the final official result, which means competitors may be classified as finishers even though they didn’t take the chequered flag.

Sprint event Scoring

To allow for the new Sprint leader board, I’ve revised the qualification and race points structure.
Sprint Qualification will follow the format as described for the GP Qualification, only with 5 points for “pole” Q3 will be worth 3 points and Q2 worth 2 points.
Constructors and PU providers receive 4, 2 1 points for the same categories.

Sprint Race points have been revised too, such that the Sprint race winner receives 15 pts, 2nd will get 12 pts, 3rd 10 pts, 4th-6th 8 pts, 7th-10th 5 pts with remaining finishers 3 points.
Constructors and PU providers will get 9, 6, 4, 2 and 1 point for the same places as the drivers.

For the event scoring itself, the constructors totals will be made up from adding both cars points together, and for PU providers add the best 2 qualifiers and race finishers (regardless of constructor).

Race Bonus points remain as previous years, with the Race fastest lap meriting 5 points, to the driver and 3 points each to the constructor and power unit provider. In the sprint events the points will be awarded as 3 pts for drivers and for constructors and PU 1 bonus point.
This season, positional points (+/-) are based on comparison between the official race result and the Final Starting Grid apply to both Sprint and Race.

Should there be an incident from pitlane opening to grid formation or during the formation lap, this will be considered a Lap 0 incident and therefore subject to possible penalty. This applies to the lead up to Sprint events as well.

In events where the conclusion of the Grand Prix is reached prior to the listed number of laps having been completed by the leader, the table below shows points distribution based on the official segmentation. Sprint points will only be awarded on completion of 50% of race distance.

Points scored will be based on official results, Penalties will be applied as per real world to either the sprint event and or the race.

Penalty points
Technical or sporting infringements (breaking curfew or Parc Ferme) will be incorporated as required. Penalty points and grid place equivalences will be shown below.
Drivers of cars which are judged to be technical failures (Tech DNF) during the sprint or race are not directly penalised however the Constructor is.
Should a car fail on the grid and can started from the pits by the constructor, loss of track position is deemed sufficient penalty.
In race penalties (such as time penalties) will be incorporated in the final results.

The Technical DNF penalties remain unaltered, a 5-point penalty in the main race, and in a Sprint event, a 3-points.

Specifically for Sprint events. Where a car is damaged (i.e. collision) or has a Technical DNF and doesn’t complete the sprint race, and CAN NOT be made ready for GP Qualification, but CAN for the Grand Prix (ie more work than time allows, like a chassis change and if car needs by regulation to be re-scrutineered). Rather than a DNQ penalty, a pitlane/rear of grid penalty will be applied. This rule DOES NOT apply from Free Practice to Sprint Qually, NOR on Grand Prix (only) weekends from FP3 to Qually.

Should a car be disqualified from a session of the weekend, no points will be allocated for that session (if any payable), however if allowed to continue over the remainder of the weekend, driver, constructor, and power unit provider will face DNQ allowed to Race penalty points which will be applied to the Grand Prix race results.
Where disqualification is from the Grand Prix race, the same penalty will be applied however (sprint and) qualification points will be counted towards the event total.

Driver Bans
Should under the licence points system your driver be banned for an (or several) events(s) the replacement driver will not score you points in that/those races. Your team will be scored on the remaining driver only along with constructor and Power unit points.
You can however choose once it’s known that a driver has been banned, make a substitution before the start of the next event.

Substitutions and replacements.
You can choose to replace a driver in your team, changes can only happen between events, and must be posted ahead of the start of FP1 of an event to be counted at that event.
You can make one driver change free during the season; additional driver changes cost 20 points per driver.
If your driver is replaced (temporarily – illness or injury) or for remainder of the season, and the replacement driver now breaks the real-world rules for teams at the start of the season, your team will be allowed to continue in the new line up.
If you don’t want the replacement driver, then the option is there to substitute for the remainder of the season (or substitute the original driver back in again should they return).

As is tradition cut off for substitutions or new entries to be included at an event is the Start of FP1.
I’ll do my best to accept and confirm entry ahead of the event starting, but if I’m not able to, I’ll use the timestamp on the post to confirm whether submission is for this or next event.

Withdrawn from event.

Should a team withdraw a car from an event prior to the start of FP1, Driver, team and Power unit provider will be penalised as a Didn’t Qualify – Can’t race.
If the withdrawal is due to driver injury/illness and a replacement cannot take the drive by regulation, no penalties will be issued.
If the withdrawal is due to a perceived safety issue, insufficient time, or parts to safely build car then a Didn’t qualify – Can race penalty will be applied. However, if the car did participate in Qualification or Sprint, then ant points scored will be included.

Should there be anything that happens out with the stated rules, I will consult with the site admin, and my fellow Mods to come up with a fair ruling that can be applied across the remainder of the season.

As always, I finish with a final plea, that if you spot that I’ve made a mistake in accepting a team that breaks real world rules or in wrongly awarding penalty points or indeed in my data entry to the competition spreadsheets. …. It happens every year, and I doubt 2024 will be any different please let me know.

Likewise, if I’ve missed an obvious rule out, contradicted myself or left something undefined in the above rules, shout it out.

If you have any questions, observations, or suggestions, please don’t be shy, I can be reached via PM.

The spreadsheet below has entry template, all the values you’ll need to make your team selections. Along with the penalty point distribution and reduced race points breakdowns.

Good Luck!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Intro Spreadsheet copy.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	617.4 KB
ID:	79371

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 24 Feb 2024 at 22:58. Reason: Incorrect copy and paste of driver info
Old 24 Feb 2024, 22:42 (Ref:4198138)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Team Name - Aysedasi Blue Goat Racing

Driver 1 - Lando Norris - 35000

Driver 2 - Pierre Gasly - 23000

Constructor - Aston Martin - 18000

Engine - Red Bull - 23000

Team Total - 99000
Old 24 Feb 2024, 22:46 (Ref:4198140)   #3
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Great to have this back again SBF.

After a couple of slightly shaky, mid-pack seasons, Minnamurra Racing is looking to move forward in 2024.

Team: Minnamurra Racing
Driver 1: Leclerc 35,000
Driver 2: Zhou 20,000
Constructor: McLaren 20,000
Power Unit: RBPT 23,000
Team Total: 98,000
Old 24 Feb 2024, 23:00 (Ref:4198141)   #4
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Talk about having a Spin off in Testing LOL

First Oops of the seasons .. used wrong copy and paste for the drivers list.. now corrected to include Ricciardo

Feel free to change or resubmit your teams if his inclusion changes your thoughts.
Old 24 Feb 2024, 23:13 (Ref:4198142)   #5
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Team: SuperChilliF1

D1: Piastri 30K
D2: Stroll 20K
C: Red Bull 25k
e: Ferrari 23K

Total: 98k
Old 24 Feb 2024, 23:32 (Ref:4198143)   #6
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Team Name - Frogspawn Racing

Driver 1 - Sergio Perez - 33000

Driver 2 - Lance Stroll - 20000

Constructor - McLaren - 20000

Engine - Ferrari - 23000

Team Total - 96000
Old 24 Feb 2024, 23:52 (Ref:4198144)   #7
PanozDP01
Rookie

PanozDP01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Edit: so this is a forum specific one and not the official one.
Old 25 Feb 2024, 00:09 (Ref:4198145)   #8
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Team Wolf GP
Driver 1 Alonso 33k
Driver 2 Ocon 23k
Constructor Ferrari 20K
Power Unit RBPT 23k
Total 99k
Old 25 Feb 2024, 00:45 (Ref:4198149)   #9
elianne
Rookie

elianne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Name = Racing For Ilona
Driver 1 = Piastri = 30.0000
Driver 2 = Tsunoda = 25.000
Constructor = Mercedes = 22.000
Engine = Ferrari = 23.000
Team Total = 100.000
Old 25 Feb 2024, 01:04 (Ref:4198152)   #10
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Name - BC Prehistoric motorsport

Driver 1 - Piastri - 30000

Driver 2 - Ricciardo - 23000

Constructor - Mercedes- 22000

Engine - Ferrari - 23000

Total 98000
Old 25 Feb 2024, 04:13 (Ref:4198160)   #11
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Great to have this back again SBF.

After a couple of slightly shaky, mid-pack seasons, Minnamurra Racing is looking to move forward in 2024.

Team: Minnamurra Racing
Driver 1: Leclerc 35,000
Driver 2: Zhou 20,000
Team Total: 98,000
Pre-season change due to Ricciardo coming onto the market:

Driver 1: Sainz 33,000
Driver 2: Ricciardo 23,000
Total: 99,000

Cheers
Old 25 Feb 2024, 04:48 (Ref:4198163)   #12
PanozDP01
Rookie

PanozDP01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Piastri's and Riccardo's are the value players in the game. But matching up the rest isn't easy. This is a long shot but here it is

Team: Yolo GP

Driver 1: Verstappen 45,000
Driver 2: Stroll 20,000
Constructor: Sauber 15,000
Power Unit: Renault 18,000
Total: 98,000
Old 25 Feb 2024, 08:34 (Ref:4198188)   #13
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanozDP01 View Post
The Piastri's and Riccardo's are the value players in the game.
Nah, I am just and Australian so couldn't get past the fact that this is the first time since Weber and Riccardo we have two on the grid
Old 25 Feb 2024, 10:48 (Ref:4198194)   #14
TCT
Racer

TCT has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Nice for this to be back.! Thanks for organizing once more!

El Cheapo Rookie Racing will be undergoing massive changes going into 2024.
We have hired 2 new drivers and attracted new technical partners.
And last but not least a new team manager and a new team name.

Team: Mach2 Weekend Warriors

Driver 2: Stroll 20,000

Total: 96,000
Old 25 Feb 2024, 15:23 (Ref:4198224)   #15
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
All entries with exception of Tourer's revised entry have been verified and accepted.

Tourer has selected Ricciardo and the RBPT power Unit. This break real would rules. PM has been sent.
Old 25 Feb 2024, 15:29 (Ref:4198225)   #16
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Goblin Global Racing

Driver 1- Piastri 30000
Driver 2 - Ocon 23000
Constructor - Ferrari 20000
Power Unit - RBPT 23000

Total 96000
Old 25 Feb 2024, 16:02 (Ref:4198229)   #17
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
All entries with exception of Tourer's revised entry have been verified and accepted.

Tourer has selected Ricciardo and the RBPT power Unit. This break real would rules. PM has been sent.
Thanks SBF - clearly in "misty-eyed" mode! Please change my power unit to Mercedes.

Driver 2: Ricciardo 23,000
Power Unit: Mercedes 23,000
Total: 99,000

SBF: Team Selection now accepted

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 25 Feb 2024 at 16:21.
Old 25 Feb 2024, 16:12 (Ref:4198231)   #18
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
SBF Racing returns .. with a new Look for this season.

Driver 1: Russell. 38000
Driver 2: Zhou. 20000
Constructor Williams. 180000
Power Unit : RBPT 23000

Total 99000
Old 25 Feb 2024, 21:09 (Ref:4198246)   #19
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Team Name CCU Racing for Ivy
Driver 1 Verstappen 45,000
Driver 2 Zhou 20,000
Constructor Haas 15,000
Power Unit Renault 18,000
Team Total 98,000
Old 25 Feb 2024, 21:35 (Ref:4198248)   #20
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Team: First & Last

D1: Verstappen 45
D2: Sargent 18
Cons: Aston Martin 18
PU: Renault 18

Total 99
Old 26 Feb 2024, 05:03 (Ref:4198281)   #21
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Team: VPROTEIN Steak F1 Team

Driver 1: Piastri 30k
Driver 2: Ricciardo 23k
Constructor: Mercedes 22k
Engine: Ferrari 23k

Total: 98k
Old 26 Feb 2024, 13:01 (Ref:4198334)   #22
Tony Vandervell
Rookie

United Kingdom
Tony Vandervell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Foggy Notion

Driver 1 - Norris 35k
Driver 2 - Stroll 20k
Constructor - Ferrari 20k
Power Unit - RBPT 23k

Total 98k
Old 27 Feb 2024, 04:06 (Ref:4198432)   #23
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ugh, missed the post for this a few days ago. I will try to see if there is viable combos left at this point sometime tomorrow.

Richard
Old 27 Feb 2024, 17:27 (Ref:4198529)   #24
Gnussi
Rookie

Italy
Made in Tuscany Living in UK
Gnussi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi!

Team name: Lepre Corse

Driver 1: Leclerc 35.000
Driver 2: Ricciardo 23.000
Constructor: Alpine 15.000
Engine: Mercedes 23.000
Total: 96.000
Old 27 Feb 2024, 18:31 (Ref:4198533)   #25
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Team: Little Hotels

Driver 1: Norris (£35k)
Driver 2: Stroll (£20k)
Constructor: Mercedes (£22k)
PU: RBPT (£23k)

Total: £100k