Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 14 Jun 2000, 03:49 (Ref:17140)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
a friend of mine from the states has a heap of nascar die cast models and she wants to sell them but has no idea what kind of price they would be worth..she has some really good ones of Davey Allison , Kyle and Richard Petty , dale Earnhardt , rusty wallace and a heap more..does anyone know what kind of price she should be asking for them ..they are1/64 scale and in good condition ???
Old 14 Jun 2000, 17:15 (Ref:17252)   #2
Heeltoe6
Veteran

Heeltoe6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, of course it varies. Best bet is to see what they are getting on ebay. I was buying up things like these about 6 months ago, if I recall, Davey Allions were 12-15 bucks (american) base price, Earnhardt was $10 base price, R Wallace maybe $8 base price, K Petty, maybe $6 base price, and R Petty...maybe $12 base price. Course, you could probably fetch about 10 bucks more for each if you found a buyer willing to pay that much, which shouldn't be that hard I imagine. If they are made by RCCA/Revel, the price will be greater, if they are made by Raing Champions, the price will be what I listed, or lower, depending on the year (pre 92 racing champs were pretty poor quality, even though they're rare, they aren't worth buying, imho). IF the R Petty ones are the special "Farewell Tour" ones with logos of each track on them, they will fetch more as well. If the D Allison one was 93 and one of the later ones made right after his death, it will also fetch more.
Old 15 Jun 2000, 14:55 (Ref:17453)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
thanks heeltoe6 i will pass that info on
Old 16 Jun 2000, 23:29 (Ref:17660)   #4
John B
Rookie

John B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If we're thinking of the same thing, are the cars in their original packages with the driver card (obviously that's where they have highest value)? In recent years there have been so many special series and additions that I can't begin to keep them straight. A newstand may have a NASCAR or general sports collectible guide.

How about those old Monogram models from the 1980s - I may have an unopened one somewhere. The others were assembled and painted (some with more success than others and I noticed the new kits come with fully painted bodies...)