Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Sep 2000, 21:26 (Ref:39491)   #1
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know, I'm one of them...

My red eye flight Friday night went from Los Angeles to Phoenix to Las Vegas then to Indy. When my friend & I got to the gate, they said it would be delayed an hour. So, we went to the bar, had a drink, watched 100 meter dash heats... About an hour later, we go back & ask the girl when will it leave? The girl tells us it already left! Sh*t! I can't *&^% believe we missed the &^%$ flight! Around the desk there were 9 other guys who also missed the flight because they were at a bar or restaurant. ALL 11 OF US WERE HEADED TO THE F1 RACE! Out of 150 people on that flight maybe 30 were going to the race & 11 missed the flight!?!

Therefore, American F1 fans are retarded! Stupid enough to wake up at 4 AM to watch races, one guy said…

Anyways, we got on another flight that went to Vegas & barely caught up to our original flight....

After that, I knew I was in for a comedy time…
Old 26 Sep 2000, 22:26 (Ref:39503)   #2
Dani
Rookie

Dani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did u miss the race????? I would of gone baserk at the girl at the gate!! Didn't they even call your name?>:
Old 27 Sep 2000, 15:26 (Ref:39647)   #3
Jared
Racer

Jared should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gore is a rat!!

Last Wendesday, I was flying AirTran from Orlando to Atlanta, then Atlanta to Greensboro, N.C. to meet relatives and drive up to the race. Both flights were delayed at least an hour, my knees were touching the seat in front of me, and they left my luggage back in Orlando! So, we were late in leaving for Indy because we had to drive back to the airport to pick it up. Also, the computers were down in Orlando, and I couldn't pay for the flight with a credit card, so they let me board anyway because I had a reserved seat, and in Atlanta, I had to pay cash (trip money) for the ticket.

On the way back, both flights were delayed several hours because of weather conditions in the city we were flying to. I was supposed to get home at 7:00 Monday night, I got home at midnight and had to be in class Tuesday morning at 8:00. (However, it was kind of cool to see all the people in the Atlanta airport with F1 clothing on.)

I keep hearing on the news about how passengers are irate over airlines and all the hubbub about that. Now I understand. Next time, I think I'll drive.
Old 27 Sep 2000, 19:17 (Ref:39708)   #4
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just think how it will be in five years time when the current safety measures are stone-aged because of the increase in aviation, and there'll be a bad accident once a week if it's not improved...
Old 29 Sep 2000, 10:28 (Ref:39951)   #5
Green_man4421
Racer

Canada
Quebec, Canada
Green_man4421 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sure its just American F1 fans?
Old 29 Sep 2000, 12:18 (Ref:39983)   #6
Blackjack
Rookie

Blackjack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speak for yourself Fiorentinal 1.
Old 29 Sep 2000, 13:38 (Ref:40013)   #7
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fiorentina! It was great! Flights are delayed everywhere in the world, but what is the question: would you be jumping around the desk or prefer to spend a good time? I believe I would go to the bar. But after I would give a good wigging untill they rush me to the circuit.
Old 29 Sep 2000, 20:50 (Ref:40069)   #8
gp19
Rookie

gp19 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Next time come to Quebec were your dollars goes some where and you will have a great time I am sure.The Canadian GP is something to see
have a super day gp19