Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 23 Sep 2007, 22:23 (Ref:2021333)   #26
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the top 4 drivers 4 points apart, this could be a very exciting next few races.
Old 24 Sep 2007, 00:12 (Ref:2021354)   #27
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder what they will do with Edwards. His car failed post race inspection.
Old 24 Sep 2007, 01:51 (Ref:2021367)   #28
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle not
I wonder what they will do with Edwards. His car failed post race inspection.
What they do will probably depend whether or not it gave him an advantage in the race. If they think it did, then he will probably get usual $100,000 fine and 100 point penalty. If they think that it gave him no advantage, then he will probably not get penalized in any way.
Old 24 Sep 2007, 17:16 (Ref:2021900)   #29
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Haven't seen the race so can't really comment. My recording failed as gale force winds wrecked my satellite signal.

But I am happy with the results improvement.
Old 24 Sep 2007, 17:51 (Ref:2021925)   #30
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Just got back from Dover. One of the most exciting Dover endings I have seen in a LONG time. Unlike Craig, I didn't get booed when I cheered for JPM in the driver intros. :P Oh, regarding Kenseth's engine failure, everyone, and I mean EVERYONE in the stands knew it was gonna happen on the restart. Also, you should have heard the crowd when Jimmie got tangled up in his wreck.
Old 24 Sep 2007, 17:54 (Ref:2021930)   #31
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I am jealous, Matt, you don't know how much! Glad you had a good day out - I can't wait to get back out there again!
Old 24 Sep 2007, 18:49 (Ref:2021981)   #32
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Why are you jelous of me Craig? You're the one who went to Talladega!
Old 24 Sep 2007, 19:12 (Ref:2021996)   #33
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Yeah, but that was months ago. Yesterday I was sat at home with no coverage of the race at all. Bah...
Old 24 Sep 2007, 19:38 (Ref:2022020)   #34
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Why are you jelous of me Craig? You're the one who went to Talladega!
And Bristol. And Homestead in November. And the Belgian GP. And...

Craig is never satisfied.
Old 24 Sep 2007, 19:38 (Ref:2022021)   #35
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Well, the middle of the race was a bit boring, and, I got burnt to hell, haha. Purchased some good JPM gear though, so, it was all good!
Old 24 Sep 2007, 19:47 (Ref:2022033)   #36
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
And Bristol. And Homestead in November. And the Belgian GP. And...

Craig is never satisfied.
Not that you're stalking me or anything

(You'll be complaining about Le Mans next too...)

Knowlesy, isn't it time you joined me at one of these races?
Old 24 Sep 2007, 20:13 (Ref:2022061)   #37
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The day is not too far away I feel...
Old 24 Sep 2007, 20:38 (Ref:2022086)   #38
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Keep me informed my friend!
Old 25 Sep 2007, 09:49 (Ref:2022421)   #39
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good race, crazy how many chase contenders got in trouble. So far with 2 chase races, my 2 favourite drivers have won!

Kyle Petty's comments were gold

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 25 Sep 2007, 21:36 (Ref:2022985)   #40
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
Edwards was penalized today for failing the post-race inspection after his win at Dover. He will lose 25 points among other things. Jack Roush has said that they will appeal the penalty.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/s...=ESPNHeadlines
Old 25 Sep 2007, 21:43 (Ref:2022991)   #41
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So he still wins?
Old 25 Sep 2007, 21:45 (Ref:2022993)   #42
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza
So he still wins?
I guess so, but he will not get all the points unless the appeal is successful.
Old 25 Sep 2007, 22:29 (Ref:2023029)   #43
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Yep, he still gets the win. Bill France said, back in the day, that the fans should go home, knowing who won the race, not having it changed a few days/weeks/months after.
Old 25 Sep 2007, 23:07 (Ref:2023053)   #44
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Small chance of an appeal being successful. The penalty of 25 points is in line with what others have received for the same infraction.
Old 26 Sep 2007, 07:30 (Ref:2023216)   #45
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thats a great win for Carl Edwards (bar the 25 point loss) - spewin' on Matt Kenseth ....
Old 26 Sep 2007, 11:05 (Ref:2023388)   #46
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Yep, he still gets the win. Bill France said, back in the day, that the fans should go home, knowing who won the race, not having it changed a few days/weeks/months after.

What about prize money?
Old 26 Sep 2007, 19:57 (Ref:2023819)   #47
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Obviously. The car was too low in the right rear anyways, which would have actually made it handle worse.