Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 24 Jan 2020, 17:52 (Ref:3953162)   #1
AlessandroC
Rookie

Italy
Acqui Terme
AlessandroC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Volvo S40 BTCC

Hi to everybody, I hope to write this post in the right section.

I'm looking for "technical" pictures about Volvo S40 BTCC. Engine, suspensions, chassis, ecc

Someone can help me?

Best regards
Old 25 Jan 2020, 13:41 (Ref:3953292)   #2
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Welcome.

Probably you this site already: http://www.supertouringregister.com/gallery/model/25/
Old 25 Jan 2020, 14:42 (Ref:3953297)   #3
AlessandroC
Rookie

Italy
Acqui Terme
Hi! Thank you, i know this site. Very rich about chassis info, bit poor about HD pictures..
Old 25 Jan 2020, 14:53 (Ref:3953298)   #4
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://www.car.info/en-se/volvo/s40...-7286783/specs
Old 25 Jan 2020, 14:54 (Ref:3953299)   #5
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It is a bit of a stretch looking for HD pictures of a 25yr old car though....
Old 25 Jan 2020, 14:57 (Ref:3953300)   #6
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlessandroC View Post
Hi! Thank you, i know this site. Very rich about chassis info, bit poor about HD pictures..
You own a S40 yourself?
Old 25 Jan 2020, 15:14 (Ref:3953302)   #7
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
It is a bit of a stretch looking for HD pictures of a 25yr old car though....
Why? Images were still saved on film in those days, and often provide far higher resolution when correctly digitalised than basic modern digital cameras. https://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/film-resolution.htm Film had a lot of disadvantages, but the possibility of HD images is not one of them.
Old 25 Jan 2020, 16:02 (Ref:3953304)   #8
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Why? Images were still saved on film in those days, and often provide far higher resolution when correctly digitalised than basic modern digital cameras. https://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/film-resolution.htm Film had a lot of disadvantages, but the possibility of HD images is not one of them.
Because there were a lot less HD images being captured and uploaded onto the web in HD format 25 yrs ago.
It may be possible to obtain them, but it will be a bigger challenge than trying to get HD inages of a car from 2 yrs ago.
Old 25 Jan 2020, 20:15 (Ref:3953402)   #9
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
MagicBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlessandroC View Post
It was 20+ years ago - they don't exist. Society was different - most people didn't carry an early "brick" mobile phone, let alone one with an 8MP camera wherever they went.
Old 25 Jan 2020, 23:45 (Ref:3953569)   #10
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe a long shot, but have you tried to get in contact with Jason Minshaw of DeamTweaks as he was running a 99' ex Rydell S40 a year or 2 ago.
Old 26 Jan 2020, 09:11 (Ref:3953650)   #11
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Why? Images were still saved on film in those days, and often provide far higher resolution when correctly digitalised than basic modern digital cameras.
The issue is not scanning film at high res, it's finding the negatives in the first place. Alessandro is looking for close-up shot of the chassis and engine, that's not something that a fan standing trackside would have been able to take, and at the time not something that most teams would be happy for media photographers to be focusing on.

Alessandro , just out of interest, why are you looking them?
Old 26 Jan 2020, 13:35 (Ref:3953732)   #12
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Having looked thru the archives, found these 3 from from 2017 Silverstone Classic if they help.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0450.jpg   IMG_0442.jpg   IMG_0443.jpg  

Old 27 Jan 2020, 09:08 (Ref:3953964)   #13
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I have a whole host of images of the Volvo S40 supertourer for a project we are doing (suspension, floor area, engine bay, interior etc). I have some setup sheets and TWR technical info too.

PM me and I will get it over to you.

We also did two audio recordings of the car a few years back using a sound recorder and RODE Mics. These can be found below, also some of the images I mentioned are part of the slideshow...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqo4Lc8xthM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kxza0vfwwQ
Old 27 Jan 2020, 14:06 (Ref:3954017)   #14
AlessandroC
Rookie

Italy
Acqui Terme
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
Having looked thru the archives, found these 3 from from 2017 Silverstone Classic if they help.
Hi to everybody and thank you for your response, this pictures are really useful, thank you.

this is the 1998 chassis with some 2009 aero details?
Old 27 Jan 2020, 14:10 (Ref:3954022)   #15
AlessandroC
Rookie

Italy
Acqui Terme
unluckily I haven t a S40 BTCC just a research on this beautiful car.
I usually make reasearchs on supertoruing/S200 car
Old 27 Jan 2020, 14:20 (Ref:3954026)   #16
AlessandroC
Rookie

Italy
Acqui Terme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I have a whole host of images of the Volvo S40 supertourer for a project we are doing (suspension, floor area, engine bay, interior etc). I have some setup sheets and TWR technical info too.

PM me and I will get it over to you.

We also did two audio recordings of the car a few years back using a sound recorder and RODE Mics. These can be found below, also some of the images I mentioned are part of the slideshow...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqo4Lc8xthM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kxza0vfwwQ
Hi! I wrote you a PM, thank you
Old 28 Jan 2020, 15:32 (Ref:3954215)   #17
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
How many of these cars have been built?
Old 28 Jan 2020, 16:12 (Ref:3954224)   #18
5five
Rookie

5five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid