Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 30 Apr 2008, 09:30 (Ref:2190925)   #26
Valenok
Racer

Valenok should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner
Whe can compare them nicely to the DTM-series, because they will be a supportrace for them. BTW, as you can see in the DTM-preview, it will be the only supportrace together with the euroseries F3 on the sunday! That is a really poor program.
http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....37&postcount=1
It'll be 2 F3 races and 1 Porsche Cup race, and no Leon Cup as year ago.

I'd like to see in one weekend main touringcar series of Europe, for example, in Monaco - I've heard WTCC think about Monaco. DTM, WTCC and Superstar as supportrace. It'll be nice weekend))
Old 30 Apr 2008, 10:49 (Ref:2190966)   #27
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!

The new Jag is a very beautiful car.
Old 30 Apr 2008, 10:50 (Ref:2190967)   #28
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69
Surely its about the quality of the racing produced. If the racing is good, it doesn't matter if they lap a track in 1m10s or 1m20s
True, but unfortunaly the Superstars racing I have seen in the past wasn't very great.
Old 30 Apr 2008, 11:46 (Ref:2190986)   #29
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Race 1 on Motors TV next Saturday:
http://www.motorstv.com/car/touring/...s-championship
Old 30 Apr 2008, 11:59 (Ref:2190998)   #30
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valenok
http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....37&postcount=1
It'll be 2 F3 races and 1 Porsche Cup race, and no Leon Cup as year ago.

I'd like to see in one weekend main touringcar series of Europe, for example, in Monaco - I've heard WTCC think about Monaco. DTM, WTCC and Superstar as supportrace. It'll be nice weekend))
Oh, I've read over the first Porche-race. But there is only 1 F3-race on sunday. So not very poor, but just poor then ;-)
Old 2 May 2008, 06:07 (Ref:2192307)   #31
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
www.sportmotores.es quotes Roberto Ravaglia saying the new BMW M3 will hit the track in early June, the first race should be Valencia with Félix Porteiro like main name to develop and to drive the car.
Old 2 May 2008, 18:13 (Ref:2192758)   #32
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
This weekend the Mercedes will make it's debut at Mugello.
Old 12 May 2008, 11:39 (Ref:2199985)   #33
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
14 cars for round 2 and a third place finish for Jaguar. With Chevy and Chrysler being expected to race in the next round, the field starts to look somewhat decent.
Old 12 May 2008, 12:08 (Ref:2200019)   #34
Valenok
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King
14 cars for round 2 and a third place finish for Jaguar. With Chevy and Chrysler being expected to race in the next round, the field starts to look somewhat decent.
Tha main is BMW victory - they need to ban factory teams, like Audi, cause their tech regulations are too free, and factory cars always have advantages.
Old 12 May 2008, 13:11 (Ref:2200095)   #35
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valenok
Tha main is BMW victory - they need to ban factory teams, like Audi, cause their tech regulations are too free, and factory cars always have advantages.
I tend to agree with you, but they are hardly in a position to ban any cars at the moment, aren't they?
Old 12 May 2008, 14:12 (Ref:2200173)   #36
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
who like this championship ? for me it clear that it will never reach the kind of WTCC and BTCC, even I know that it is a diffrent kind of TC Racing !
Old 12 May 2008, 15:55 (Ref:2200246)   #37
Ellmau
Racer

Ellmau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The organisation that is behind this championship is to amateuristic. As long as it stays that way, it will never become a big championship.
Old 12 May 2008, 16:13 (Ref:2200259)   #38
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellmau
The organisation that is behind this championship is to amateuristic
it is organized by the same people of the World Superbike Championship, FG Sport so I d'ont think, it is amateuristic !
Old 12 May 2008, 17:51 (Ref:2200323)   #39
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru_WRX_STi
who like this championship ? for me it clear that it will never reach the kind of WTCC and BTCC, even I know that it is a diffrent kind of TC Racing !
For me any TC championship that don´t run S2000 cars is a good championship.
Old 12 May 2008, 18:55 (Ref:2200384)   #40
Ellmau
Racer

Ellmau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru_WRX_STi
it is organized by the same people of the World Superbike Championship, FG Sport so I d'ont think, it is amateuristic !
Yes, the FGS Organization SRL is the organiser of the championship, but they are not doing a good job as they are in Superbike. Very bad PR and media relations outside Italy.
Old 29 May 2008, 10:47 (Ref:2214542)   #41
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Great race at Mugello.
Old 5 Jun 2008, 11:42 (Ref:2220408)   #42
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Round 3 Monza. Again great race. Anyone else watching this series?
The new Mercedes finished 4th.

The Maurer Chevrolet will make it's debut next round.
When will make the Ravaglia BMW M3 it's debut?
Old 5 Jun 2008, 12:00 (Ref:2220429)   #43
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Anyone else watching this series?
On the rare chance some footage gets shown here, yes. I think its a great set of rules for a class.

With V8Supercars open to new manufacturers, its a real pity that the DTM, Superstars & V8Supercars can't all sit down together and work out a common set of rules.
Old 5 Jun 2008, 12:13 (Ref:2220446)   #44
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
With V8Supercars open to new manufacturers, its a real pity that the DTM, Superstars & V8Supercars can't all sit down together and work out a common set of rules.
100% agree
Old 5 Jun 2008, 12:56 (Ref:2220487)   #45
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Round 3 Monza. Again great race. Anyone else watching this series?
I am, but a few weeks behind since MotorTV has some delay and stuff. But its been 2 interesting races so far, will be really intersting to see the Monza race, soudns like it was a great one.
Old 5 Jun 2008, 13:06 (Ref:2220498)   #46
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just watched the Monza round on motors

looked quite good

500th post
Old 5 Jun 2008, 13:10 (Ref:2220500)   #47
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Shakedown scheduled for the beginning of July for BMW M3 Superstars sedan

The moment of shakedown for the BWM M3 Superstars sedan, developed by ROAL Motorsport according to Superstars championship regulations, is getting closer.

The design phase being concluded, in these days the production of the last technical details is in progress and this should shortly allow the final assemble of the first model.

The shakedown is scheduled for the first week of July (the exact date and the venue will be announced later on); and for the occasion the original livery will be uncovered.

The race debut will be on the 31st of August at Varano de'Melegari, while the name of the driver is going to be announced later on.

Roberto Ravaglia (Team Owner):
"The M3 Superstars is the first racing car entirely developed by ROAL Motorsport. We had some delays due to difficulties in getting some spare parts of a model that has been on the market for a few months only, but we are eventually close to run our first kilometres.
There are a lot of expectations towards us and we do not want to disappoint them: the tests that we are going to have starting from July will be crucial to be competitive since the first race."
Source: ROAL Motorsport PR
Old 5 Jun 2008, 13:51 (Ref:2220531)   #48
Valenok
Racer

Quote:
its a real pity that the DTM, Superstars & V8Supercars can't all sit down together and work out a common set of rules.
I think, it's impossible, because these series have nothing common due to their totally different philosophy - Superstars are production based touringcars, DTM are silhouette-prototype, and V8 are stock-cars.
And I think it's not bad
Old 6 Jun 2008, 05:00 (Ref:2220993)   #49
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What do you mean exactly in that V8Supercars are 'stock cars'?

If you mean as in NASCAR stock cars, nothing like them.
Old 6 Jun 2008, 06:36 (Ref:2221016)   #50
Valenok
Racer

I can't imagine any production based car with pushrod engine. Ofcause V8 don't look like NASCAR cars, but as for me they are closer to each other, than to Superstars or DTM. But I can mistake...