Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 3 Jun 2001, 20:31 (Ref:100708)   #1
domaza
Racer

domaza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Miller Lite 225

Race is on - Tracy, da Matta & Castroneves are out. What happened to Dario, why is he 1 lap down? Eurosport didn't so the beginning of the race again
Old 3 Jun 2001, 20:44 (Ref:100711)   #2
domaza
Racer

What's goin' on?

First Eurosport started the coverage 25 min later. Thean I realized Dario was lastone and 1 lap down - stalled in pits. And now - I just lost mu Eurosport picture - total blackout. I have waited for 2 weeks for that race and now I have to listed to the radio and follow Live Timing! So sad
Old 3 Jun 2001, 21:14 (Ref:100722)   #3
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the moment it is:

Andreti
Brack
Vasser
Ferran
?
Cannard

But as I typed Brack regained the lead

Vasser just hit the wall but walks away - FC Yellow
Taken out by Tagargi (Lap down)
Old 3 Jun 2001, 21:28 (Ref:100726)   #4
domaza
Racer

Dario is in the move. Fastest guy out there currently 10th. Hope he doesn't have to pit!
Old 3 Jun 2001, 22:07 (Ref:100744)   #5
domaza
Racer

Hello

Race is over. Kenny's second in the row. Dario finished 9th - quickest guy for las 100 laps. Dario's laptimes were about 1-2 seconds quicker than others... so sorry he (or the car) stalled it in the pits. Brack extended his lead, but others closed the cap... for 2nd place it is really close. Andretti's best finish of the season )2nd) and for NZ cuys... Dixon 3rd. Sorry for Vasser too - he was again in TOP 5 when this rookie hit him... silly move. Finally Khris showed his teeth and black-flaged Takagi. Great race... lots of passing and different lines, this was again a true CART race which I hope to see for whole season and also hope to see Dario uo there. Now when ovals are over for a while the expecctations are high for me. Some great races on road and street courses are surtenly comin'!
Old 3 Jun 2001, 22:26 (Ref:100752)   #6
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks good for Brack, road courses coming up and he was brought up on them. Still many things can happen, maybe the car is not suited to road tracks, a rookie not checking mirrors.

How did Andretti miss the drop at the last yellow, I was expecting him to be on Bracks tail for the last laps, not 1 sec behind ?

Bad luck at the start for Dario, he probably would have made the top three otherwise.

SL
Old 4 Jun 2001, 01:02 (Ref:100822)   #7
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Helio was a prat in that race. There's nothing to call it but that.

Gil apparently ran into trouble or out of fuel.

Only Bruno was a bright spot on my team today. But what about that Fernandez! How on earth did he get up there in the middle of everything!
Old 4 Jun 2001, 04:22 (Ref:100869)   #8
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great job for Kenny. I still think that Helio will win the championship, but Kenny will be a force to be reckoned with, no doubt.
Old 4 Jun 2001, 08:25 (Ref:100921)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
bloody hell. i can't even trust my drivers to act like responsible adults.
Old 4 Jun 2001, 09:49 (Ref:100952)   #10
Laagri
Racer

Laagri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers Eurosport, thanks a lot.
I know, I've got a great idea. Let's show highlights of the Rally of Cyprus which finished in the afternoon rather than the first 27 laps of the Milwaukee race. I mean, after all, what can happen in the first 27 laps in Milwaukee? It's not like anything will have happened to any of the top drivers by the time we join the race...
And let's cut off the second the 12th place driver crosses the line so we don't have to do anything stupid like show an interview with Kenny...
I reckon I should apply for the Eurosport head of programming position - I think I've got the perfect strategy in place already.
Old 4 Jun 2001, 11:32 (Ref:100982)   #11
domaza
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Laagri
Cheers Eurosport, thanks a lot.
I know, I've got a great idea. Let's show highlights of the Rally of Cyprus which finished in the afternoon rather than the first 27 laps of the Milwaukee race. I mean, after all, what can happen in the first 27 laps in Milwaukee? It's not like anything will have happened to any of the top drivers by the time we join the race...
And let's cut off the second the 12th place driver crosses the line so we don't have to do anything stupid like show an interview with Kenny...
I reckon I should apply for the Eurosport head of programming position - I think I've got the perfect strategy in place already.
Damn Eurosport. I hate them! Thaey haven't showen any race Live from the beginning... Why does thay prefer WRC higlights to CART live!? I'm gonna write to Eurosport... Still Dario was so fast... 2 sec per lap quicker than leaders... So sry for him
Old 4 Jun 2001, 19:10 (Ref:101122)   #12
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eurosport has shown all of the races from the beginning. The only reason they missed the start at Milwaukee is because Moto GP was disrupted by rain (3 times) and that finished 2 hours late!!!! So for CART to be 25 mins late is good. Don't you think?

What happened to Kenny's extra point? Before race he had 49 points, pole = 1, ml = 1, win = 20, total = 22. 49+22 = 71. His score is 70. Unless they did not give one for pole, because they did it from championship positions?
Old 4 Jun 2001, 19:42 (Ref:101138)   #13
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by hakkiman
Unless they did not give one for pole, because they did it from championship positions?
Without knowing for certain, I expect that this is exactly the reason why. However, Kenny shouldn't complain - they gave him the pole point for Texas!
Old 4 Jun 2001, 20:53 (Ref:101169)   #14
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, that is the case: he did not "earn" the pole so did not get the point.

Who had fastest lap, anybody know?

And why does Page even bother to say "we're running out of time so we won't be able to show you ... " because they are NEVER able to show us anything after the flag drops on the winners. Just don't even remind us that there's more going on and we won't bother missing it.

And when they don't show 67 laps of the race and always say "You didn't miss anything" - how do they know? They were not watching!
Old 4 Jun 2001, 21:28 (Ref:101184)   #15
domaza
Racer

Fastest lap: Dario Franchitti. He was the fastest guy out there and his lap was 23,2 as far as I remember and second fastest lap was driven bu Kannan 23,6. Dario made about 20 laps on 23,3 so it should show his driving skill...
Old 5 Jun 2001, 02:07 (Ref:101289)   #16
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dario did the fastest lap (23.277), followed by Carpentier (23.286), then Zanardi (23.537) and Kanaan had the 4th quickest lap (23.568).

It was also a bit of a shame that Alex had a few problems (having to start way down the grid, pit speed limiter not working leading to drive-thru penalty, stalling at pitstop, losing places with mistake in turns 3 & 4). He showed he had the pace with his fast laps and the way he moved from 16th to 12th in the last 7 laps.

It will be interesting to see what sort of form he's in at the next 4 rounds (his old golden run). He won all 4 rounds in '98.
Old 5 Jun 2001, 08:03 (Ref:101371)   #17
tanalised
Veteran

New Zealand
new zealand
tanalised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Scott Dixon (again)
Another podium and more points; doing a lot better than the obviously more favored Junqueira and Minnasian of team Target
Old 5 Jun 2001, 09:29 (Ref:101383)   #18
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Scott's going really well isn't he?