Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 24 Dec 2020, 10:18 (Ref:4024988)   #901
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Evantra, congrats for working #Sumobo out!!
Ha I'm glad I finally got something right, I spent ages last night trying to work out what it meant!
Old 24 Dec 2020, 10:24 (Ref:4024991)   #902
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Ok serious question. Team HARD are arguably the most amateur and underfunded(...?) BTCC team, very little in the way of success, half the time the cars break down before the race starts and the rest of the time they struggle to qualify inside the top 20, signing some rather novice drivers, apparently running cars on very little money with serious allegations of running them 'dangerously' on older and worn parts.

So why then, have they attracted last years title winning team and driver, why is a driver like Jack Goff so keen to sign multi year deals with them, and what about their shocking 2020 campaign has attracted the likes of Aron Taylor-Smith and Tom Onslow-Cole?

Sorry to rant but I can't understand how so many people see them as such an attractive prospect?
Don't think of this as Team HARD attracting last year's champion driver or building a load of new cars.

Think of it as BMR designing and building the cars, and Team HARD running the hospitality and marketing.
Old 24 Dec 2020, 10:30 (Ref:4024995)   #903
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It’s probably a sign of the times teams linking up.

Am I right in saying with these 7 cars there’s been an extra TBL acquired from somewhere ? It’s also confirmation of 4 Cupras next year when I believe originally it was just 3
Old 24 Dec 2020, 10:32 (Ref:4024997)   #904
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Ok serious question. Team HARD are arguably the most amateur and underfunded(...?) BTCC team, very little in the way of success, press releases riddled with mistakes, half the time the cars break down before the race starts and the rest of the time they struggle to qualify inside the top 20, signing some rather novice drivers, apparently running cars on very little money with serious allegations of running them 'dangerously' on older and worn parts.

So why then, have they attracted last years title winning team and driver, why is a driver like Jack Goff so keen to sign multi year deals with them, and what about their shocking 2020 campaign has attracted the likes of Aron Taylor-Smith and Tom Onslow-Cole?

Sorry to rant but I can't understand how so many people see them as such an attractive prospect?

On a positive note I'm looking forward to seeing Boardley in the 3rd Infiniti, given he was a front runner in Ginettas I don't think we've seen the best of him in a touring car.
I think the reliability is due to running to a budget. To offer the cheapest seats, compromises have to be made. The drivers who have raced with them previously will have known that - they haven't been charged Bentley money and only received a Dacia. Now if you turned round to Tony and said 'I want to fight for the championship, 100% reliability, etc' he would put a suitable package together and parts would be replaced in line with the likes of Dynamics and WSR.

No different to your average driver on the road opting for the cheapest brake pads available and some part-worn tyres - then wondering why they crashed.
Old 24 Dec 2020, 10:34 (Ref:4024998)   #905
B0U170NS
Racer

B0U170NS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So have laser tools acquired the tbl for Boardley or has Boardley? I'm guessing this could be from TPR.

The news story on team hard website says they have acquired the infinitis but btcc.net says the 2 outfits will remain as separate teams. Confusing.

Is this really because laser tools have hit financially problems?
Old 24 Dec 2020, 10:34 (Ref:4024999)   #906
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wonder if the Boardley Infiniti is the same spec as Ash and Aiden are running or if it's one of the old ones from the previous season?

EDIT: Just read the full press release and they say they are building a new one.

Last edited by AnnoyedMoose; 24 Dec 2020 at 10:59.
Old 24 Dec 2020, 10:52 (Ref:4025001)   #907
An0nym0u5
Rookie

An0nym0u5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
It’s probably a sign of the times teams linking up.
This is definitely not the last team 'merge' we'll see before the beginning of the season
Old 24 Dec 2020, 11:02 (Ref:4025003)   #908
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0U170NS View Post
So have laser tools acquired the tbl for Boardley or has Boardley? I'm guessing this could be from TPR.

The news story on team hard website says they have acquired the infinitis but btcc.net says the 2 outfits will remain as separate teams. Confusing.

Is this really because laser tools have hit financially problems?
Sutton and Taylor-Smith have the same manager - and that is where the most influence in putting the deal in place has come from. It's a way for both drivers to have BMR engineer their cars.
Old 24 Dec 2020, 11:02 (Ref:4025004)   #909
5five
Rookie

5five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0u5 View Post
This is definitely not the last team 'merge' we'll see before the beginning of the season
I'll just leave this as not seen it posted in this thread.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/13059436
Old 24 Dec 2020, 11:29 (Ref:4025007)   #910
Pringles
Rookie

Pringles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5five View Post
I'll just leave this as not seen it posted in this thread.

https://find-and-update.company-info...mpany/13059436
So Shaun Hollamby is now a director of Motorbase. Interesting. Seems most teams are going to be working in tie ups for next year.
Old 24 Dec 2020, 11:41 (Ref:4025010)   #911
An0nym0u5
Rookie

An0nym0u5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles View Post
So Shaun Hollamby is now a director of Motorbase. Interesting. Seems most teams are going to be working in tie ups for next year.
Hollamby and Osbourne. Wonder who Jake's teammate will be..?
Old 24 Dec 2020, 11:42 (Ref:4025011)   #912
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
So with the Laser Tools announcements and the recent HARD announcements we've got a fair chunk of drivers confirmed already - anyone fancy a stab at a table?
Old 24 Dec 2020, 11:43 (Ref:4025012)   #913
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
David Batrum is still a director of "A" Motorbase, not necessarily the part that operates the Focii.

My guess is an MB/Motorbase tie up seeing Civics being replaced by Focii. Bartrum keeping the historics side of the business, Shaun doing modern racing?
Old 24 Dec 2020, 11:44 (Ref:4025014)   #914
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I don’t think many people expected a tie up between Moffat and HARD, but then nothing should surprise us when it comes to the BTCC anymore. The way things are going atm, it’s no wonder more teams are tieing up with each other. Nice to see there will be three Infinitis next year. Right to keep the current lineup of Sutton and Moffat. Boardley looked quite decent in last years BMW, it seems RWD suits him better than FWD. Let’s see what he can do with the Infiniti

Interesting Hollamby has gone to Motorbase. Wonder how much difference it will make to MB Motorsport, although I’m sure Blundell has plenty of good ideas
Old 24 Dec 2020, 11:51 (Ref:4025016)   #915
sceptic
Veteran

Quote:
This is a new company called Motorbase Performance though - it's only existed a few weeks.

Motorbase Vehicle Services Ltd was the original team and still exists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
David Batrum is still a director of "A" Motorbase, not necessarily the part that operates the Focii.
The part that operates (operated?) the Focuses is Racing-Red 2020 Ltd.
Old 24 Dec 2020, 12:01 (Ref:4025020)   #916
sceptic
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0u5 View Post
Hollamby and Osbourne. Wonder who Jake's teammate will be..?
I've only just realised that Sam is the son of Porsche Cup racer Pete Osborne.
They don't look at all alike.
Old 24 Dec 2020, 12:01 (Ref:4025021)   #917
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

It must be noted that this company was only set up a few days ago; it is not the original Motorbase company that ran the Focus last year.
Old 24 Dec 2020, 12:07 (Ref:4025022)   #918
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
It must be noted that this company was only set up a few days ago; it is not the original Motorbase company that ran the Focus last year.
It is the same company that ran the fords last season they have just made the company limited
Old 24 Dec 2020, 12:09 (Ref:4025023)   #919
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So maybe two Fords for the Motorbase side (Butcher, Jackson) and two for AmD (Hill, Osborne)?
Old 24 Dec 2020, 12:14 (Ref:4025025)   #920
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
TeamCarDriverNotes

Confirmed Entries   
Power MaxedVauxhall AstraPlatoConfirmed in press release
Power MaxedVauxhall Astra???Confirmed in press release
Team DynamicsHonda Civic FK8CammishConfirmed in press release
Team DynamicsHonda Civic FK8Shedden?Confirmed in press release, Neal talked about options away from racing and trying to get a deal for Flash
Autobrite (HARD./BMR)Cupra LeonGoffConfirmed in press release
Autobrite (HARD./BMR)Cupra LeonGeddieConfirmed in press release
HARD./BMRCupra LeonTaylor-SmithConfirmed in press release
HARD./BMRCupra Leon???Confirmed in press release
Laser Tools (HARD./BMR)Infiniti Q50MoffatConfirmed in press release
Laser Tools (HARD./BMR)Infiniti Q50SuttonConfirmed in press release
Laser Tools (HARD./BMR)Infiniti Q50BoardleyConfirmed in press release
Ciceley MotorsportBMW 330iMorganConfirmed in press release
Ciceley MotorsportBMW 330i???Confirmed in press release
EXCELR8 Trade Price CarsHyundai i30Smiley?Strongly suggest in Bert Taylor social media
EXCELR8 Trade Price CarsHyundai i30ButelConfirmed in press release
EXCELR8 Trade Price CarsHyundai i30???Confirmed in press release
EXCELR8 Trade Price CarsHyundai i30???Confirmed in press release
MB Motorsport accelerated by Blue Square???HillConfirmed in press release
MB Motorsport accelerated by Blue Square?????? 
WSRBMW 330iJelley?Reported as considering a move away from Parker
WSRBMW 330i???Reported in motorsport.com as a confirmed 3-car entry
WSRBMW 330i???Reported in motorsport.com as a confirmed 3-car entry
BTC RacingHonda Civic FK8???Reported in TCT as 2021 plans following change to management
BTC RacingHonda Civic FK8???Reported in TCT as 2021 plans following change to management

Likely Entries   
SpeedworksToyota CorollaIngram 
MotorbaseFord FocusButcherTalked about plans for second season in the car during interview
MotorbaseFord Focus??? 
MotorbaseFord Focus??? 

Possible Entries   
SpeedworksToyota Corolla???Stated as planning for two cars at a given point
??????Parfitt JrPublicising an attempt to be on the grid
??????CookSocial Media posts suggest a possible move away from BTC
Team DynamicsHonda Civic FK8???Intention for 3rd car reported in MN - depending on TBL

Entries with doubt   

All entries could be marked '*' due to COVID   
Old 24 Dec 2020, 12:26 (Ref:4025026)   #921
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
According to Wiki the Infinitis are Constructor entries. But I haven’t seen anything to suggest this is the case, as someone knows something we don’t
Old 24 Dec 2020, 13:07 (Ref:4025036)   #922
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Interesting indeed!

My gut said somebody somewhere would talk to Bob Moffat about a car. Didn't see the tie up with Tony coming, but it will potentially give the Infinitis an in-season home closer to the action rather than the haul back to Scotland - at least I assume this. AS always tagged BMR Engineering last year, so clearly some of Warren's outfit exist and are active and continue to be.

I can see Boardley improving, suspect the Infiniti will be more to his driving style than his rides to date. Just a gut feeling.

And Mr H with the Focii sounds good to me - that car seriously impressed me this year, with decent luck and the right wheelmen it's going to be at the business end of the grid again.

Santa hasn't done bad today has he?
Old 24 Dec 2020, 13:36 (Ref:4025040)   #923
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I guess we all saw Jelley's BMW sat alongside the Mercs at HARD too? I'm calling Jelley in a 330 over that. Ciceley or WSR though?
Old 24 Dec 2020, 13:40 (Ref:4025041)   #924
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so what does Team HARD do with those old Mercs and BMW ?
Old 24 Dec 2020, 13:48 (Ref:4025044)   #925
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
I guess we all saw Jelley's BMW sat alongside the Mercs at HARD too? I'm calling Jelley in a 330 over that. Ciceley or WSR though?
Rumours suggest Jelley at WSR and Chilton at Ciceley.