Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Jan 2024, 09:57 (Ref:4190845)   #51
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sacrilege!

There's a story on Orange's News page on the internet here about a company in South Africa converting E30 3-Series BMW's into pick-up trucks. They look to be very professionally done, but nevertheless...
Old 5 Jan 2024, 10:06 (Ref:4190846)   #52
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Explains why when not in the middle of the road it tends to be on the right hand side. Also the strange slow down after the first junction.

And there is the brief glimpse of a people carrier type vehicle with body coloured bumpers.

I wonder if the sound track matches that which came with Mason’s book?
If whoever edited it had cut out the first few seconds, they might have got away with it. But the car in the opening frames, and then the person walking a dog backwards ruin the illusion.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot 2024-01-05 095919.png   Screenshot 2024-01-05 100227.png  
Old 5 Jan 2024, 10:15 (Ref:4190848)   #53
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just watching the video that I linked to about the Jag going down the M4. It starts with a chap, purporting to be a member of the Advanced Drivers, who pulls away from the curb outside Castrol House in Central London.

However, even though this was in 1963, I wouldn't exactly approve of his driving, pulling out simultaneously with traffic approaching; he should have, in my opinion, waited until the traffic had passed. Not good use of mirrors and hand signals.
Old 5 Jan 2024, 10:24 (Ref:4190850)   #54
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Sacrilege!

There's a story on Orange's News page on the internet here about a company in South Africa converting E30 3-Series BMW's into pick-up trucks. They look to be very professionally done, but nevertheless...
John you might think this a bit Perhaps even deserving a 'Sacre Bleu'! Spotted recently at the Sandown Historic races, I had to take a pic.

Old 5 Jan 2024, 11:57 (Ref:4190859)   #55
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
John you might think this a bit Perhaps even deserving a 'Sacre Bleu'! Spotted recently at the Sandown Historic races, I had to take a pic.

At least it is better looking than a Panamera!
Old 5 Jan 2024, 15:16 (Ref:4190872)   #56
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Anything on wheels, or not, looks better than a Panamera.
Old 5 Jan 2024, 19:43 (Ref:4190891)   #57
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I think that this may be the video to which you refer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp-Sv_lXWvU
Thank you Mike .Brilliant stuff .
Old 6 Jan 2024, 18:36 (Ref:4190963)   #58
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
All a bit dull lately, here are two 'funny signs' found on U Tube.

BEWARE OF THE DOG.

The cat's not trustworthy either.

If you suck at playing the trumpet. That's why.

Well they made me smile.
Old 6 Jan 2024, 19:16 (Ref:4190967)   #59
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
All a bit dull lately, here are two 'funny signs' found on U Tube.

BEWARE OF THE DOG.

The cat's not trustworthy either.

If you suck at playing the trumpet. That's why.

Well they made me smile.

If you need a bit of a laugh , just think of the difference between a Genealogist and a Gynecologist .

On looks up your families tree .
The other looks up your families bush .
Old 6 Jan 2024, 19:22 (Ref:4190968)   #60
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Good one.
Old 7 Jan 2024, 14:26 (Ref:4191018)   #61
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just looked up on the site where I watch a lot of films , and " RACE FOR GLORY " is now on there .

Having been competing in International Rallies in the Group B days , I will have to watch that several times .
Old 7 Jan 2024, 16:19 (Ref:4191027)   #62
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Issued in 2023, very recent. It's about the fight Audi vs Lancia, right?
Old 7 Jan 2024, 16:32 (Ref:4191029)   #63
Tel 911S
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Issued in 2023, very recent. It's about the fight Audi vs Lancia, right?
Release date quoted as Jan 5th 2024 .
All about the battle between Lancia and Audi for the world rally championship in the 80s .
Old 7 Jan 2024, 18:14 (Ref:4191038)   #64
Tel 911S
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
Just looked up on the site where I watch a lot of films , and " RACE FOR GLORY " is now on there .

Having been competing in International Rallies in the Group B days , I will have to watch that several times .

Just watched it .
At the end it says something like " This film is not an accurate reconstruction of actual events " .
But still quite good , and well worth watching as it is a lot more real than most of the Hollywood type car films .
Old 7 Jan 2024, 18:25 (Ref:4191041)   #65
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Knowing that I watch even Hollywood-type films, will follow your advice and enjoy images and sound. And I find the end to be a happy one, not because I don't like Audi but Lancia managed very well with a single RWD during a long championship where some tracks were in favour of AWD cars. IMO as they say.
Old 7 Jan 2024, 19:48 (Ref:4191049)   #66
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Me and Mrs Delta just been to see “ one life “. Jeepers what a film and story . Take plenty of tissues .
Old 7 Jan 2024, 20:00 (Ref:4191050)   #67
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Knowing that I watch even Hollywood-type films, will follow your advice and enjoy images and sound. And I find the end to be a happy one, not because I don't like Audi but Lancia managed very well with a single RWD during a long championship where some tracks were in favour of AWD cars. IMO as they say.
An amazing championship year.
Old 8 Jan 2024, 14:44 (Ref:4191126)   #68
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Spotted a real rarity in Hesdin this morning - a Metro Convertible.

Whenever was the last time anyone saw one of those?
Old 8 Jan 2024, 16:46 (Ref:4191142)   #69
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My pictures from the Bicester Scramble yesterday are linked to this post: https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...70#post4190870

But since we were discussing them the other day I walked out of the inner display area and just on the edge of the general parking I found this. No doubt somebody on here will tell me it's not genuine and was probably the cause of the fire at Luton Aitport but the DVLA lists it as a Ferrari. There is a company that builds fantastic replicas on BMW Z4 Chassis if you really want one.
Attached Thumbnails
Scramble Jan 2003  (50).jpg  
Old 9 Jan 2024, 15:58 (Ref:4191223)   #70
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lawdy, lawdy, Miss Clawdy, but it gets quite boring on here sometimes, so I hope you will like this musical interlude that I hope will revive drooping spirits.

Over to you Percy;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOj4Lx6g-rY
Old 9 Jan 2024, 16:07 (Ref:4191224)   #71
bauble
Veteran

England
Not to your taste?

Here is some genuine Rockabilly to get your legs moving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPinBzrL_8o
Old 9 Jan 2024, 16:14 (Ref:4191225)   #72
bauble
Veteran

England
Did you hear about the man who thought Screwfix was a dating agency?

I was playing poker with a a few friends one of whom was a plumber, who looked after the loo's at Buckingham Palace. I had a pair of twos but he had a Royal Flush.

I told EB I was having trouble with flies, he said I should buy a spray. Utter rubbish, it ruined my trousers.

The sign said 'Keep of the grass' so I went back to Whisky for my kicks.

Now where is my hat ................................
Old 9 Jan 2024, 17:21 (Ref:4191228)   #73
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Lawdy, lawdy, Miss Clawdy, but it gets quite boring on here sometimes, so I hope you will like this musical interlude that I hope will revive drooping spirits.

Over to you Percy;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOj4Lx6g-rY
Quote:
Not to your taste?

Here is some genuine Rockabilly to get your legs moving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPinBzrL_8o
Quote:
Did you hear about the man who thought Screwfix was a dating agency?

I was playing poker with a a few friends one of whom was a plumber, who looked after the loo's at Buckingham Palace. I had a pair of twos but he had a Royal Flush.

I told EB I was having trouble with flies, he said I should buy a spray. Utter rubbish, it ruined my trousers.

The sign said 'Keep of the grass' so I went back to Whisky for my kicks.

Now where is my hat ................................
Pleased to see you're warming to the task of upping the post count to those of previous yars following the recent decline...
Old 9 Jan 2024, 18:48 (Ref:4191231)   #74
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Pleased to see you're warming to the task of upping the post count to those of previous yars following the recent decline...
Only Jesus could bring the dead back to life, Viv.
Old 10 Jan 2024, 07:16 (Ref:4191265)   #75
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post

Surely being German, its more of a "verdammt noch mal" (apologies if google translate has done me a disservice here.)

For it to be a True Blue Sacre Bleu, there would need to be a French Connection?
Attached Thumbnails
20180527_072636.jpg   20180527_072646.jpg   20180527_072656.jpg