Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 5 Jun 2005, 19:58 (Ref:1320770)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Silverstone tickets....

Hi all,

With the British GP just over a month away now (and boy am I excited!) I was just curious to know when I should expect to get the tickets through the door. I have never ordered the tickets on their own, last year I went with as part of a GP tour and the tickets were held by the coach firm that took us down to Silverstone. So I, inevitably, am not in the know with this issue.

So when should I expect to get them and when should i start to panic if they don't arrive? I would have thought I should have them now, I hope I'm wrong!

Cheers.
Old 5 Jun 2005, 20:27 (Ref:1320795)   #2
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This comment is not helpful, but I wouldn't show them your James Allen picture, you may get thrown out and beaten up! heehee
Old 5 Jun 2005, 20:29 (Ref:1320800)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Aww come on, it's a tribute!

I secretly hope to meet him at Silverstone actually. So I can pelt him with rotten tomatoes.
Old 5 Jun 2005, 20:38 (Ref:1320812)   #4
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
lol - You can hit him with your ticket when you get it!
Old 6 Jun 2005, 04:03 (Ref:1321024)   #5
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
knowls, you should get them within the next 2 weeks at the latest

ps, PM me your mobile numbr so we can arrange a meet up for a on the saturday
Old 6 Jun 2005, 07:57 (Ref:1321102)   #6
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I got mine last year about a month before the race as far as I recall, not going this year though.

Well actually that might not be the case, I might be going, but it would be working at the British GP.
I work for the company that produces the "Silverstone TV" programmes you see on the big screens.
Old 7 Jun 2005, 11:45 (Ref:1322262)   #7
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
They are usually sent out 2-3 weeks before the event.
Old 7 Jun 2005, 13:56 (Ref:1322374)   #8
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Any idea where you will be stationed this year Stephen?
Old 7 Jun 2005, 13:59 (Ref:1322377)   #9
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Not yet Sir. We don't find out until our tickets arrive which is normally 1-2 weeks beore the event.

I'm on Post 1 at the Festival of Speed though if you going to that?
Old 7 Jun 2005, 14:02 (Ref:1322379)   #10
Mr V
Veteran

England
'Fraid not Stephen, regarding F-O-S.

Once you know regarding Silverstone, let us know, hopefully i'll be able to find you
Old 7 Jun 2005, 14:04 (Ref:1322381)   #11
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Will do old bean. Are you there all three days?
Old 7 Jun 2005, 14:11 (Ref:1322386)   #12
Mr V
Veteran

England
Certainly am. Should be getting to the campsite (Whittlebury) about 8 am on the Friday, get our (brand new ) tent up, have some brekkie and wander in.

We usually walk round friday and saturday and just plonk ourselves in the nearest grandstand when the relevant session starts. Once i know where you are i can head in your general direction.
Old 7 Jun 2005, 14:30 (Ref:1322393)   #13
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im going to British GP this year, first time

Might have a look at some marshals posts if I can get close enough and look for some TT badges
Old 7 Jun 2005, 14:39 (Ref:1322400)   #14
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
I dare say most of us will let you know where we are for the weekend as soon as we know. Check for a thread in the Marshals Forum nearer the time.
Old 7 Jun 2005, 15:21 (Ref:1322423)   #15
Mr V
Veteran

England
Kidzer, a few of us like to meet up on the saturday just behind the ITV gantry, look for the Fosters stall, following qualifying if you fancy it
Old 7 Jun 2005, 15:42 (Ref:1322439)   #16
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After F1 Quali? I might pop round and see, my dad would likley be with me, he's a cool guy
Old 7 Jun 2005, 17:39 (Ref:1322529)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Pop round Kidzer! You can buy me a beer!
Old 7 Jun 2005, 17:49 (Ref:1322538)   #18
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
You can buy us all a beer
Old 7 Jun 2005, 17:53 (Ref:1322544)   #19
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You lot could go to jail you know.... according to his profile kidzer is 16.... making an 'minor' buy drinks is surely an offense....
Old 7 Jun 2005, 17:54 (Ref:1322546)   #20
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
I am 16!

I think it should be buy ME a beer!

Will I need any special ticket to get wher you are all meeting? Im going with a coach tour
Old 7 Jun 2005, 19:09 (Ref:1322623)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Ooh, coach tour. Your time may be very restricted! I was on one last year.
Old 7 Jun 2005, 19:41 (Ref:1322659)   #22
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Where all did you get to go Knowlsey?

I have some ways I might be able to get in
Old 7 Jun 2005, 19:45 (Ref:1322660)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I don't understand your first question!
Old 7 Jun 2005, 19:58 (Ref:1322669)   #24
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
You said I might be restricted, did you mean in where I can go?
Old 7 Jun 2005, 20:09 (Ref:1322681)   #25
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm still deciding whether to work at Silverstone or not...I did corporate hospitality at Copse a few years back and we got to watch the race on the telly 'cos all the fat buggers were in their £7000-a-seat perches at the first corner.