Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Which is the best 2021 livery?
Mercedes 1 3.45%
Red Bull 0 0%
McLaren 0 0%
Aston Martin 8 27.59%
Alpine 8 27.59%
Ferrari 0 0%
Alpha Tauri 4 13.79%
Alfa Romeo 2 6.90%
Haas 3 10.34%
Williams 3 10.34%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5 Mar 2021, 14:18 (Ref:4038946)   #1
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
F1 2021 liveries

Which car has the best livery in 2021?
Old 5 Mar 2021, 14:20 (Ref:4038947)   #2
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Obviously Ferrari haven't revealed their livery yet, so you can wait until they do before voting if you want. But it will probably be the same as last year.
Old 5 Mar 2021, 14:37 (Ref:4038955)   #3
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the Alpha Tauri the most of the liveries I've seen so far.
Old 5 Mar 2021, 15:03 (Ref:4038971)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I think the Aston is the best so far but the Alpa Tauri is a close second. Williams bringing up the rear - truly awful.
Old 5 Mar 2021, 15:45 (Ref:4038974)   #5
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
wow that Williams is ugly! like my niece with a box of crayons and no supervision awful!

went for the Alpine although im thinking it wont look as good on track as it does in a showroom but its day will come under the lights of Singapore!

AMR a close second for me.

wonderful picture!
Old 5 Mar 2021, 15:53 (Ref:4038979)   #6
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I like the Alpine and the Aston Martin.

The McLaren, A.T, A.R and RBR are OK, but more or less the same as last year.

Not really keen on the Mercedes or the Haas.

Williams is awful - worst livery I have seen for a long time.
Old 5 Mar 2021, 16:20 (Ref:4038988)   #7
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Not really keen on the Mercedes or the Haas.

Williams is awful - worst livery I have seen for a long time.
The Mercedes isn't too bad apart from the "stickers in a windtunnel" AMG logos all over the engine cover, that ruins it for me. The Haas looks very retro.

Williams - I really don't know what to say - but I agree, I can't remember anything worse recently.
Old 5 Mar 2021, 17:16 (Ref:4039004)   #8
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
WADA are "investigating" the livery of the latest Haas.
Old 5 Mar 2021, 17:24 (Ref:4039008)   #9
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I see no votes for Ferrari yet - what is it about their livery that we don't like?
Old 5 Mar 2021, 23:33 (Ref:4039101)   #10
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
the ferrari is red
Old 5 Mar 2021, 23:37 (Ref:4039103)   #11
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
i dont mind the williams
Old 6 Mar 2021, 01:08 (Ref:4039117)   #12
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
i dont mind the williams
Since you broke the seal, I'll admit that I like it. It would be better without the yellow/orange stripe though.
Old 6 Mar 2021, 08:38 (Ref:4039141)   #13
BTCC frog
Veteran

The Williams is not the best - it does look too much like a PlayStation car - but it isn't that bad. I don't mind it. It's definitely not 'the worst livery for a long time' in my opinion, although I'm not sure what is the, worst of recent years. The original 2020 Williams and 2017 Force India were pretty bad, but neither were actually used so they don't count. The best livery of recent years for me was the 2017 Renault, just because it was a really good shade of yellow, and the 2010 Renault is another contender, and it also looked particularly good with Petrov's helmet. I also liked a lot of the 2014 cars - Williams, Ferrari, McLaren, Force India, Toro Rosso - and even the strange-nosed Lotus. I liked the 2017-2019 Toro Rosso, and the Alfa Romeo from every year since 2018. I voted the Alfa Romeo as best in 2021.
Old 6 Mar 2021, 08:52 (Ref:4039142)   #14
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think there's an interesting mix of colours on the Williams, maybe not the simplest livery, but it's not that bad. I can see a bit of Williams in it. Just remember there are only nine over liveries to compare it with. I have always liked Williams' livery. Force India less so

I do like the Alfa red and white, the Renault yellow and the Silver Merc. Some colours work, some just don't. At least we get a good mix of colours on the good and we've had plenty in the last ten years, some more effective than others.

My favourites from the last two years are the Alpha Tauris, the Alfas and this year the Merc
Old 8 Mar 2021, 01:40 (Ref:4039532)   #15
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I see no votes for Ferrari yet - what is it about their livery that we don't like?
Technically it has yet to be launched (I think they officially launch at Bahrain pre testing).... although we know it will be predominantly red with a few tweaks over last year.

I guess what I am saying is other than voting on last years livery there is no 2021 Ferrari officially released yet to vote for.
Old 8 Mar 2021, 04:16 (Ref:4039551)   #16
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Incorrect thread
Old 13 Mar 2021, 11:11 (Ref:4040254)   #17
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I voted Aston, but actually that Alpine looks the most elegant. The way the French flag dips down at the tip of the nose and the simple curved upper bodywork (which reminds me of 70s F1 cars with the massive airboxes).

It looks loads like a Prost from around 2003 or so, when they lightened the colour, or the Ligiers mid-90s.

Old 13 Mar 2021, 12:49 (Ref:4040271)   #18
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That Alpine really looks better on track than it did during the launch
Old 13 Mar 2021, 15:55 (Ref:4040321)   #19
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i was the other way on it. thought it looked great in the showroom and was worried that on track under natural light it would look less great.

but no...it looks even better on track!!!

Alonso's helmet in there adds to it!
Old 15 Mar 2021, 02:29 (Ref:4040471)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I find the Aston quite kitsch. The Merc isn’t as good as last year. Ferrari need to change the shade and we can talk. McLaren is alright.

I’ll go Alpine.
Old 15 Mar 2021, 16:39 (Ref:4040601)   #21
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I like the Aston colour a lot, but the sponsor placement is not particularly elegant. A lot of names chucked on there, but of course, they pay the bills. Mercedes looked better without the bit of red, but again, sponsorship requirements.
Old 15 Mar 2021, 20:46 (Ref:4040664)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For me, it's between the Aston, the Alpine and the Alpha Tauri. I really like the understated AT......
Old 16 Mar 2021, 13:25 (Ref:4040810)   #23
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Williams: Some good elements. It doesn't come together. If redone and keeping the elements the work, it could be much better.
Ferrari: It's red
Aston is just a nice color. But not particularly creative.
McLaren: Looks good. I like the simplicity. But doesn't reach the top.
Mercedes: Always looks pretty good. I think previous iterations were better.
Red Bull: Always looks pretty good. But like the Mercedes it is a bit worn.
Haas: Looks good. Has a throwback look.

My top three. All three do a great job of injecting the brand smoothly and creatively into the livery.

Alfa Romeo: Looks great. Simple look.
Alpha Tauri: Continues to look great. Extension of prior livery
Alpine: Looks great. The blue looks fantastic.

I think it's hard to pick a top one of those three, but I think the Alpine edges out the others.

Richard
Old 16 Mar 2021, 15:25 (Ref:4040831)   #24
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Williams: Some good elements. It doesn't come together. If redone and keeping the elements the work, it could be much better.
Ferrari: It's red
Aston is just a nice color. But not particularly creative.
McLaren: Looks good. I like the simplicity. But doesn't reach the top.
Mercedes: Always looks pretty good. I think previous iterations were better.
Red Bull: Always looks pretty good. But like the Mercedes it is a bit worn.
Haas: Looks good. Has a throwback look.

My top three. All three do a great job of injecting the brand smoothly and creatively into the livery.

Alfa Romeo: Looks great. Simple look.
Alpha Tauri: Continues to look great. Extension of prior livery
Alpine: Looks great. The blue looks fantastic.

I think it's hard to pick a top one of those three, but I think the Alpine edges out the others.

Richard
My thoughts are pretty much exactly that.... with the exception that I find the Red Bull by far the worst. Boringly dated and just uninteresting and underwhelming. I feel the same way about say the Australian Supercars RBR team.... they do a livery launch to uncover the same boring livery as last year with the exception of maybe a different decal or two, or an extra inch or two of white.

I also voted Alpine as my favourite. Having now seen it on track reinforces my initial thoughts.
Old 16 Mar 2021, 15:34 (Ref:4040841)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
...with the exception that I find the Red Bull by far the worst. Boringly dated and just uninteresting and underwhelming.

There are some iconic liveries that I never grow tired of. The RBR livery isn't one of them. It really does look dated and as if they can't really be bothered to think of anything new....