Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 6 Dec 2019, 14:30 (Ref:3945209)   #151
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Radio station on strike, are you kidding me here?! Nope, from what I've been told radio station works fine but the maintenance team of the main antenna is on strike. Actually…
Old 6 Dec 2019, 14:33 (Ref:3945211)   #152
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Refueling while delivery is made in the same station, c'est le meilleur moyen de pomper un bon gros tas de saloperies, mon garçon! Go figure as we say!
Old 6 Dec 2019, 14:45 (Ref:3945215)   #153
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
C'on, its the Historic calendar here, John! Did you read that the Croix en Ternois race should be moved forward by one week?
Old 7 Dec 2019, 19:31 (Ref:3945400)   #154
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
OK, for HF2 fans, the calendar for next season...... Gerard may know more, but suggestion is that 2020 will be the last year Racing is held at Pau?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2020 IHF2 Rindt Calendar V3.pdf (825.7 KB, 20 views)
Old 7 Dec 2019, 19:47 (Ref:3945402)   #155
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Hope not, Mike. The political situation there has always been complicated. I remember we've been talking about that here, they were studying to merge the two meetings, modern and historic, both in the same weekend. Not a good thing imo, because the public is different and this would mean less entries therefore less money brought to the area.
Anyway, Pau-Ville nickname is Petit Monaco and I do agree with that. Iain could add a comment, he raced at Pau and Monaco. OK, no place can challenge Monaco prestige but if you're looking for good racing…
Old 7 Dec 2019, 19:48 (Ref:3945403)   #156
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Do you feel that to have Pau and Dijon within one week is a handicap?
Old 7 Dec 2019, 20:06 (Ref:3945414)   #157
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Been racing at Pau for many many years and they always say this is the last time
Old 7 Dec 2019, 20:08 (Ref:3945416)   #158
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Monaco is easy compared to Pau . I love Pau . If I can afford it will take the 79B. Just been day dreaming my way around the track . What a ride
Old 7 Dec 2019, 20:16 (Ref:3945418)   #159
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Do you feel that to have Pau and Dijon within one week is a handicap?
Good excuse for a week in la belle France! Pau is not part of the championship, but no doubt many, like Iain, would want to race there anyway.
Old 8 Dec 2019, 11:37 (Ref:3945544)   #160
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Please enjoy. There's a stupid joke about drivers racing or having raced at Pau Ville. Some gave a kiss to "la statue de Foch" some avoided it. I dont recommend this kind of familiarity. Many have been going around since '52, many kissed it, and "la statue de Foch est toujours debout"!

Still no news from Mr Ballistics re Croix en Ternois?
Old 8 Dec 2019, 12:26 (Ref:3945561)   #161
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Going back to the HF2 calendar, the last meeting of the year is at Spa, October 9-11th, and according to the email received the event is a new Roadbook organised one. It also says that cars will be able to run unsilenced.

No title for the new meeting yet, but October is quite busy, and there is a Peter Auto meeting same w/end, so not sure what other grids they will be trying to attract.....
Old 8 Dec 2019, 12:40 (Ref:3945562)   #162
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Spa in October . Hmmmm. Yes clashes with Estoril
Old 8 Dec 2019, 12:42 (Ref:3945564)   #163
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Spa in October . Hmmmm. Yes clashes with Estoril
Indeed it does. And in recent years Spa in September has hardly been shorts and tee shirt weather.....
Old 8 Dec 2019, 17:58 (Ref:3945602)   #164
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Indeed it does. And in recent years Spa in September has hardly been shorts and tee shirt weather.....
You might have to buy some trousers, Mike!
Old 8 Dec 2019, 18:00 (Ref:3945603)   #165
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
You might have to buy some trousers, Mike!
Would save on band-aids if nothing else!
Old 8 Dec 2019, 18:30 (Ref:3945607)   #166
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Are you adding a dress code section to the calendar now?
Band-aids and riding a bike can be a hazardous mix…

Last edited by Gerard C; 8 Dec 2019 at 18:36.
Old 9 Dec 2019, 11:02 (Ref:3945687)   #167
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
More info regarding Les Deux Tours d'Horloge, specially for 964's, tyres, lighting…*The Mistral straight chicane will be used.
Old 9 Dec 2019, 12:01 (Ref:3945695)   #168
SJWBallistic
Rookie

SJWBallistic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do believe that there is talk of the Croix en Ternois date for the 500s being moved to the weekend of the 11th/12th July 2020. However Motorsport UK have thrown a further spanner in the works by advising that it is not possible to have two overseas events in a UK club championship during a single season. This means that the club need to decide whether to make Croix or Zandvooort a non championship event unless MSUK will grant a waiver to this rule.
Stuart
Old 9 Dec 2019, 12:19 (Ref:3945702)   #169
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJWBallistic View Post
...,,. However Motorsport UK have thrown a further spanner in the works by advising that it is not possible to have two overseas events in a UK club championship during a single season. This means that the club need to decide whether to make Croix or Zandvooort a non championship event unless MSUK will grant a waiver to this rule.
Stuart
That has been a stipulation for several years. Nothing new. It would only be a “spanner in the works” surely if it was a recent change in the MUK rules?
Old 9 Dec 2019, 12:23 (Ref:3945705)   #170
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I concur Andy. I believe the rationale is that one overseas championship round can fall under the auspices of the home organisation. If you want to run more, then you become an international championship and the FIA takes over.
Old 9 Dec 2019, 16:37 (Ref:3945755)   #171
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Agreed, same rule applies here too.
Old 10 Dec 2019, 10:17 (Ref:3945902)   #172
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I concur Andy. I believe the rationale is that one overseas championship round can fall under the auspices of the home organisation. If you want to run more, then you become an international championship and the FIA takes over.
International Series status, the FIA doesn't take over but regulations have to be fitting and fees are specific for historic motor sport anyway so nothing crazy.
Old 10 Dec 2019, 11:40 (Ref:3945909)   #173
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hi Louis. Yes but what about championships? When we race with e.g. MRL it is a series with no points awarded for position and we run to FIA regs anyway. But if you run a championship does that make a difference?
Old 10 Dec 2019, 15:42 (Ref:3945947)   #174
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddha View Post
International Series status, the FIA doesn't take over but regulations have to be fitting and fees are specific for historic motor sport anyway so nothing crazy.
INTERNATIONAL SPORTING CODE and for the attention of the Race 500 community.

2.4.4.e As an exception, an ASN which is not part of a Zone may organise a maximum of two Competitions of a National Championship outside the national territory, subject to compliance with the following conditions:

2.4.4.e.i that they are run in countries having a common border (and that, in the case of a maritime border, the FIA deems the additional countries to have the appropriate geographical relationship) with the country which is organising the National Championship;

2.4.4.e.ii that the National Championship concerned is composed exclusively of Competitions reserved for cars of a performance level:

 greater than 3 kg/hp for competitions taking place
on circuits;
 greater than 4 kg/hp for competitions taking place
on closed roads.
Old 10 Dec 2019, 15:53 (Ref:3945949)   #175
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Hi Louis. Yes but what about championships? When we race with e.g. MRL it is a series with no points awarded for position and we run to FIA regs anyway. But if you run a championship does that make a difference?
A non-series, non-championship when they publish pictures of a prize giving and I quote: "Last week XXX crowned the 2018 series winners in style at a gala awards dinner at the Royal Automobile Club in Pall Mall. The awards ceremony celebrated all the 2018 trophy winners."

Interesting and watching.