Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 10 Jan 2005, 22:25 (Ref:1197666)   #126
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I only play offline - realised I forgot to change the drivier.ini! fine now - anyone know where I can get thunderscars, a GT40 and a 917 from?
Old 10 Jan 2005, 22:40 (Ref:1197675)   #127
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiny side up!
Using a joypad with GPL really sucks. There is some kind of traction control and abs built in if you are using a joypad, even if you turn the aids off in the control options screen. If you punch the gas, you cannot get wheelspin, bury the brakes, no locking up. Impossible to trail brake or feather the throttle, and guaranteed to be the last car into T1 no matter how fast you qualified. Still, it is all I have, and since I really only play GPL on my laptop when travelling, a wheel is not in the cards. I wonder if I can find some sort of adapter so I can use my XBox controller, the triggers are analog and might do well for gas / brake...
Well, with a the keyboard, you get throttle and braking help permanently turned on. I assume it must apply to all on/off type inputs.
Old 10 Jan 2005, 23:23 (Ref:1197705)   #128
carsreunited
Racer

England
Kettering
carsreunited should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartman71
just started playing it as i only got my copy on the weekend
1.14 at watkins glenn and 1.32 at Monza using a logitech MOMO force feed back.

any good?
I've had it one more weekend than you and I have a 1:36 at Monza and 1:09 at Watkins, both in the Ferrari with all the aids off. Great game isn't it? Cant believe its taken me this long to come across it. That's what having kids does to you!

Scott
Old 11 Jan 2005, 06:52 (Ref:1197859)   #129
bartman71
Veteran

bartman71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i admit i played it years ago. a mate had a Hyper Stimulator store so we played it a bit on them.

my momo is only about 6 months old and is the black FF model
got to 1.10 on watkins last night
Old 11 Jan 2005, 13:13 (Ref:1198065)   #130
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great to see all these potential new recruits for the TTFRL next season (or even this season - 2 races left still guys!).

Shiny - you must be able to pick up a reasonable joystick for next to nothing in a cheapo store somewhere, surely? It'll make the world of difference.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 13:57 (Ref:1198126)   #131
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aysedasi, could I join the TTFRL?

I'm aiming for an Alien rank status, I'm going to "re-groove" with WR's tonight -70 is my target. Need to improve my Kyalami times though, I'm finding it hard to beat the benchmark there yet at most other tracks im seconds under.

Nah I shouldn't of been at school, I had the day off
Old 11 Jan 2005, 14:07 (Ref:1198132)   #132
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
By all means Alex. I might ask pirenzo to give you the details though, as he seems to have got them together for others recently (ok p?)

Re-grooving is important, but I've never used WRs. Fast alien laps yes, but not those that are completely out of reach for me.......
Old 11 Jan 2005, 18:10 (Ref:1198307)   #133
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Shiny - you must be able to pick up a reasonable joystick for next to nothing in a cheapo store somewhere, surely? It'll make the world of difference.
I just bought a patch cable to be able to use my Xbox controller through my laptop's USB port, so that will give me 2 analog triggers and 2 analog thumbsticks, hoping to get the sensitivities right and use those in GPL!

I wish I could join for TTFRL fun, but I don't make it home from work until well after 10pm your time on weekdays Maybe I will be able to participate in some of the Sunday practice runs...
Old 11 Jan 2005, 18:57 (Ref:1198327)   #134
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
-70 eh Alex? Good luck. -56 myself after 2 years and counting...

Joining TTFRL, is that the stuff about setting up VROC I sent carsreunited, or just the chatroom details?
Old 12 Jan 2005, 14:48 (Ref:1199002)   #135
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Quote:
Joining TTFRL, is that the stuff about setting up VROC I sent carsreunited, or just the chatroom details
- Is that to me?
I'd just like to join the league so I can do the final two races

I've had gpl for 5 years now, I've been through various reinstallations, computers, setups and controllers with it, but have only recently found a new lease of quickness with it and considered hot lapping. I'll see what happens...
Old 12 Jan 2005, 15:15 (Ref:1199026)   #136
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Do you have VROC set up? Have you raced before?
Old 12 Jan 2005, 15:24 (Ref:1199030)   #137
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
yup I do, I've raced online loads, but only in one league, which was a "human league" so as soon as I got to -16 I got kicked

Down to -20.187 now...
Old 12 Jan 2005, 15:34 (Ref:1199035)   #138
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
William Campbell eh?
Old 12 Jan 2005, 16:24 (Ref:1199064)   #139
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
yup

All you need then is the chatroom details (we meet there for races, the race password will be discussed there). On the way now...