Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 4 Jan 2005, 12:09 (Ref:1192783)   #101
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
phew, I didn't realise I'd written that much!
Old 4 Jan 2005, 12:32 (Ref:1192808)   #102
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Probably took longer to write than your best lap at the Ring.......
Old 4 Jan 2005, 14:49 (Ref:1192886)   #103
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
....just so you waste 8 mins of your life!...
I laughed out loud at that!! so true!! Maybe ill spend a saturday on nurby oneday... its just not a track you can say to yourself... "lets have a couple of laps tonight" grrrrr

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 4 Jan 2005, 14:53 (Ref:1192891)   #104
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anyone up for any gpl racing on IGOR now?
Old 4 Jan 2005, 15:16 (Ref:1192908)   #105
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
ME ME ME! but im at work! Oh an IGOR has gone on holiday on my PC as well.. Not sure whats up with it grrrrrrr

Shouldnt you be at work or school or something? hehe...

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 8 Jan 2005, 15:26 (Ref:1195912)   #106
Vicki
Veteran

England
Stoke
Vicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will GPL work with a joypad? I find them easier to use than wheels cos my sight means I have no hand/eye/foot co ordination, it's better with just hand/eye tho.
Old 8 Jan 2005, 15:29 (Ref:1195913)   #107
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
yes, it will work
Old 8 Jan 2005, 16:57 (Ref:1195949)   #108
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very well in fact - just ask Owen W......
Old 8 Jan 2005, 17:46 (Ref:1195986)   #109
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Doesn't he use a joystick? (Joypad's are a bit different)
Old 9 Jan 2005, 10:01 (Ref:1196370)   #110
Vicki
Veteran

England
Stoke
Vicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I GOT ROUND THE RING! It didn't flash up the time though, but I worked it out as being somewhere in the 20 mins bracket. Oh my, I think I need some practice, but I was so tired at the end of the lap I gave up for the night.
Old 9 Jan 2005, 10:29 (Ref:1196380)   #111
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK

That was your outlap. You've got to do another one to set a time
Old 9 Jan 2005, 12:01 (Ref:1196444)   #112
Vicki
Veteran

England
Stoke
Even on training?
Old 9 Jan 2005, 12:48 (Ref:1196464)   #113
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo
Doesn't he use a joystick? (Joypad's are a bit different)

Sorry, I misread that. Yes, he does. A joypad is less than desirable because of the "on/off-ness" of the switches.
Old 9 Jan 2005, 12:49 (Ref:1196466)   #114
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariFanatic
I GOT ROUND THE RING! It didn't flash up the time though, but I worked it out as being somewhere in the 20 mins bracket. Oh my, I think I need some practice, but I was so tired at the end of the lap I gave up for the night.
Get yourself a copy of Ringtrainer. The you can start towards the end of the lap and the time will count.

You'll find it here.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 9 Jan 2005 at 12:51.
Old 9 Jan 2005, 13:01 (Ref:1196473)   #115
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Sorry, I misread that. Yes, he does. A joypad is less than desirable because of the "on/off-ness" of the switches.
Not necessarily, some have a sort of thumb operated slider that operates the throttle. They're really hard to use though, I even heard one person say he was quicker using buttons...
Old 9 Jan 2005, 13:12 (Ref:1196483)   #116
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I remember when I first installed GPL, way, way back and used a joy pad. It was virtually pointless. It was only because of GPL that I bought my first Logi wheel......
Old 9 Jan 2005, 13:31 (Ref:1196493)   #117
Vicki
Veteran

England
Stoke
The torment never ends for me, I get round the outlap, go to do the next one, get so far round and the computer brings up the Windows error message thing. No big deal you may think, but when you hear this was while at the Ring you can probably guess what I'm feeling now.
Old 9 Jan 2005, 14:43 (Ref:1196535)   #118
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Yeah, gutted

It's such a disappointment because you've put so much effort into the lap, and then you crash it (or your PC crashes in your case)

Last edited by pirenzo; 9 Jan 2005 at 14:44.
Old 9 Jan 2005, 18:41 (Ref:1196661)   #119
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Are you running all the eye-candy FF? If so, try it with just the basic stuff and see if it still crashes (GPL that is, not you.... )
Old 10 Jan 2005, 09:23 (Ref:1197050)   #120
bartman71
Veteran

bartman71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just started playing it as i only got my copy on the weekend
1.14 at watkins glenn and 1.32 at Monza using a logitech MOMO force feed back.

any good?
Old 10 Jan 2005, 13:22 (Ref:1197236)   #121
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
1.32 at Monza is going well for starters. Is that the classic red MOMO you have?
Old 10 Jan 2005, 15:56 (Ref:1197351)   #122
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
gah right I patched my GPL to run the race with the 1968 cars - and it works fine in training however attempt a race and it crashes ideas?
Old 10 Jan 2005, 15:58 (Ref:1197353)   #123
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
You should be able to race them offline, but not online. Something to do with the 3dos
When RSC is up do a search and you'll find fixes.
Old 10 Jan 2005, 17:06 (Ref:1197405)   #124
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Using a joypad with GPL really sucks. There is some kind of traction control and abs built in if you are using a joypad, even if you turn the aids off in the control options screen. If you punch the gas, you cannot get wheelspin, bury the brakes, no locking up. Impossible to trail brake or feather the throttle, and guaranteed to be the last car into T1 no matter how fast you qualified. Still, it is all I have, and since I really only play GPL on my laptop when travelling, a wheel is not in the cards. I wonder if I can find some sort of adapter so I can use my XBox controller, the triggers are analog and might do well for gas / brake...
Old 10 Jan 2005, 17:06 (Ref:1197407)   #125
Vicki
Veteran

England
Stoke
I turned all the graphics options that you can turn off off, get round the outlap, get to a few corners after you go under the first bridge, AND THE COMPUTER CRASHES! I've decided my computer doesn't like me or it doesn't like the Ring. Or both.